Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
The primary law we are discussing is the Sabbath which is not a "Do Not", but a "REMEMBER"; something you seem to have forgotten.

We are purified of sin through Messiah. Sin is the transgression of the law. If we continue to break the law after we are cleansed, we continue to sin and are in need of purification from those sins through confession of them (1 John 1:9). When our sins are cleansed, the law is not cleansed out of our lives as well. The law remains to continue telling us when we sin. If we remove the law, we remove the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20).

That's OK, you go ahead and try to keep the "law", just remember that if you break one, you break them all! Meanwhile I will continue to "love my Lord my God with all my heart, soul and mind, and my neighbor as myself" and rest in His grace without worrying about if I broke one of the laws or not?

I know you understand the difference between "keeping the law" and "grace", but as I have been saying, you cannot leave your Religion and their doctrines.

The only way we can possibly "not sin" is by walking in the power of the Holy Spirit as it leads us under the New Covenant to obey YHWH's commandments;

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.​

If we choose to abolish the law, the Holy Spirit cannot cause us to walk in it. As Paul said, faith does NOT make the law void (Romans 3:31). It establishes the law.

You my friend miss the whole point of Eze 36:27, which is why the son Word came to fulfill! And that is so frightening for me, since I care about your, and your loved ones soul salvation.

Matthew 5:17-20 (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Tell me please, why do you think that the only man born of woman, who was found faultless without blemish, .. with no sin say something like this? Why? Did someone hear him preaching against Moses Law?
You know why, because the scribes and Pharisees were pointing out some of the things he allowed, and made others do (pick up your bed and walk, or pick, thrash and eat the wheat on the Sabbath, or not stone one caught in adultery etc.) that "According to Moses law" should have been punished. So he said: "I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil"

Well I too try to follow my Messiah, to go beyond the law, where if I see anyone in need even on the Sabbath I will roll up my sleeve and help them out!
Look what our Lord says next:

.. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

So we are no longer keep only the Sabbath holy but every day we are to walk in holiness, thus honoring every day holy, not just one specific day.

Now here is what your Religion totally missed:

.. 20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

.. the word "exceed".
The scribes and the Pharisees were known to be very particular in keeping the law, where they even made more laws, like make people tithe on their spices too, and yet the Lord tells us that: "except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven"! That's a big thing to say, no, that is HUGE, .. that if we don't "exceed" the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees we'll not enter Gods Kingdom of Heaven!? That is what I live, and die for, so HOW can anyone exceed those who even made an example of Jesus in keeping the Law, the whole law, and nothing but the law?
According to the "law" they were perfect. This is why they brought that Rich Young Ruler to him, to see what he will say to one of their idols, a perfect law abiding Jew other than a Pharisee!? What you and those of your Religion miss is what happened next with the Rich Young Ruler, and this is the very thing that Jesus is asking you to do.

Mathew 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful, for he had great possessions.

Will you walk away too like the Rich Young Ruler, .. unable to leave your riches you think you have in your Religion? You think it will save you on that Terrible Day (for those not In Christ, but think their law abiding will save them) of our Lord?

Why would I want to come to your house? So I could have you accuse me of being an idolater to my face simply because I love my Heavenly Father so much that I want to keep His Holy Sabbath Day holy and because I want to honor Him by not removing His Spirit inspired name from Biblical texts when I read or write them? No thanks.

No thanks, .. Oh man, .. you break my heart my dear friend, since you just did exactly what the Rich Young Ruler did when Jesus invited him to "come and follow me".
And yes, if I walk according to Christ's teaching, then my invitation is Christ's invitation, for Christ lives in me (or should anyways).

I will keep praying for you, who knows, one of these days my phone will ring, and it will be you on the other end???
I know, I know, .. I get these "Delusions of Grandeur" sometimes.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
That's OK, you go ahead and try to keep the "law", just remember that if you break one, you break them all!
This is repeated a lot, by law breakers themselves, some not even trying to keep 10, nor 2, nor any commandments.

Did Jesus keep the law that says NO ADULTERY ?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, Christians do celebrate those holydays, but it is NOT the Christ you think of that is being celebrated ..
footnote:
It's holidays (of the world) not holy (set apart) days of Yahweh the Creator.

"this is the whole point and reason for my O.P. (Original Post)" hmmm.... now I will go read the OP again.... it's been a while :)

• Agree
Reactions: Arius
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, .. I lost 'faith', but not in Christ, and as in 1 Cor 1:11-13 I am IN Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, as described in John 1:1-

The question is, what sort of faith are we talking about? In my next post...
[with all positive hope and expectation] AMEN !
This same thing has come up today and in the last week in several other threads:
people having faith in SOMETHING INSTEAD OF JESUS/ BIBLE/ YAHWEH the CREATOR.

That's what most people are taught, how most people are raised, everywhere.
Escaping the babylon system is unusually rare, "few" as Jesus says.
The worldly religions are often popular,
while the truth is usually if not always hated.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
This is repeated a lot, by law breakers themselves, some not even trying to keep 10, nor 2, nor any commandments.

Did Jesus keep the law that says NO ADULTERY ?

You tell me?

John 8 (whole chapter, I will only show you this-
7 So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them,
He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.”
8 And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. 9 Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 10 When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?”
11 She said, “No one, Lord.”
And Jesus said to her,
“Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”

Ask yourself, who were the "stone throwers"?
And then ask yourself: "What were the stones"?

Jesus pointed it out, and they all understood exactly who they were (let him without sin) .. sinners, .. and the stones were the law.
God bless you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
remember I said 'closest' to the Bible
Yes , this is ekklesia's goal today, every day, all of our lives.
In truth, abiding in Jesus, in union with Jesus, following Jesus no matter where He takes us,
always in perfect harmony (or coming to that) with all of God's Word.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Careful gadar that you don't break "Gods Sabbath" which includes not picking firewood to throw on your campfire, which is breaking the Sabbath Law worthy of stoning to death.

Penalty for Violating the Sabbath
Numbers 15:32 Now while the children of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering sticks on the Sabbath day. 33 And those who found him gathering sticks brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation. 34 They put him under guard, because it had not been explained what should be done to him.

35 Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp.” 36 So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died.
I try to always be careful I do not sin against my Elohim. Gathering wood is done prior to the Sabbath as is starting a fire.

Galatians 5 (NKJV)
Christian Liberty
Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage. 2 Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing. 3 And I testify again to every man who becomes circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law.
4 You have become estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. 6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love.
This passage is a warning to those who would rather be justified by the law rather than by faith. I am in the latter camp and stand by the grace of YHWH.

Romans 14:5
One person esteems one day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 He who observes the day, observes it to the Lord; and he who does not observe the day, to the Lord he does not observe it.

I told you I love you, and if you invited me to your church on Saturday, I will joyfully praise our Lord with you;
Be careful not to read the Sabbath into that verse. I would worship with you on Sunday as well. I simply will not work with you on Sabbath if it is the kind of work that would break the Sabbath.

Romans 14:1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, but not to disputes over doubtful things. 2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats only vegetables

But what I will NOT do is worship the Day, as the SDA made me do.
"All things" means clean meat as well as vegetables. It does not mean unclean meat as well as vegetables.

I do not worship a day. I try to keep the 7th day holy as per my Elohim's commandment.

If I set a Day aside to do Bible Study and talk about the Lord with anyone, Believers or non-Believers, my neighbor would know better than to ask me to build him a shed for his lawnmower. Why?
Because I dedicated that Day for the Lord, but not dedicate my Lord to that Day. My Lord is the Lord of any Day. You see where my heart is?
I do not dedicate my Lord to that Day. I obey my Lord on that Day by not working. You just can't deal with my obedience in that regard because it highlights your own disobedience.

What do you think "living a Holy life dedicated to the Lord" means, .. only on Saturday?
It means every day. However, disobeying Him every 7th day is not living a Holy life on those days. Sin and holiness are in direct conflict.

And I will remind you of these two: "Rich Young Ruler", .. and (Galatians 5:1-6)
Yeshua did not say the Rich Young Ruler could break the Sabbath if he sold all that he had. I addressed Galatians above.

Really? How long we have been debating, and what is it that you keep putting on the table?
1. YHWH
2. Sabbath
This is what our conversation has been from the start, go back and read it.
Again, you can worship on your Sabbath your YHWH, I am not against your Religion, there are way too many Religions for me to attack, and for what? That is not my purpose here, it is NOT what Jesus called us for, but to spread the Good News. One is that; "thanks be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we have been set free from the bondage of the Law. Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage!"
In post #4, you asked everyone who the True Creator God is. In post #13, I answered by saying "YHWH". From then on you continually came against my use of the name YHWH. I do not keep putting it on the table. I keep defending my use of it from your attacks.

You also brought up the Sabbath first and I defend that as well from your endless attacks on it. I am not the problem Arius. You and your lawless Religion are. You put both issues on the table.

So because I wouldn't force you to worship the, or on the Saturday/Sabbath, and use only YHWH when referring to my God, I don't walk in Christ's teaching? Don't you see that IF I did that, that would be coming from my Organized Religion and NOT from Christ, .. just as I have shown you over and over again from Scripture!?
You do not understand the difference between what "Organized Religion" commands and what our Creator commands. "Organized Religion" says you can work on the 7th day, but our Creator says not to. "Organized Religion" says eat what ever kind of meat you want (dogs, cats, slugs, pigs, roaches, etc.), but our Creator says eat only clean meat. "Organized Religion" says it is OK to remove the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) from Scripture and substitute any name or title of our choosing in its place.

You started this thread to discredit Organized Religion, but when you are shown that you are still a part of it, you feathers get ruffled.

We both know what you really mean, .. it is that once I accept and bow to YOUR YHWH, ON YOUR Sabbath, you would call me. But not until then. And you KNOW from Scripture that I cannot do that.

God bless you.
If you worship the true Creator, then you will bow to YHWH and obey His commandments.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Observing the Sabbath, which the word of Yahweh says is holy, is not determined to be legalistic, as believers can do this according to conscience, as they see this is good to do. Like anything in the life of a believer, they are not under condemnation for doing things they see they should do with doing so imperfectly, they are led to learn to do so better. The spirit of the word is to rest to give all the day to relationship with Yahweh, and we may do so, but then it it is important to not be working then, such that this will give distraction from it. With still not being under the law, the smaller destractions may be eliminated as doing this is learned.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Observing the Sabbath, which the word of Yahweh says is holy, is not determined to be legalistic, as believers can do this according to conscience, as they see this is good to do. Like anything in the life of a believer, they are not under condemnation for doing things they see they should do with doing so imperfectly, they are led to learn to do so better. The spirit of the word is to rest to give all the day to relationship with Yahweh, and we may do so, but then it it is important to not be working then, such that this will give distraction from it. With still not being under the law, the smaller destractions may be eliminated as doing this is learned.
Are you suggesting the Sabbath is optional based on whether or not our conscience allows it?

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
gadar perets said:
Are you suggesting the Sabbath is optional based on whether or not our conscience allows it?

I don't know about this with 100% certainty, but I believe it is better to rest on the Sabbath, this is why Yahweh said it was important, and in the scripures it is seen that the Sabbath is holy. This would mean this time is, for us to set things aside during this, and this time is holy for it regardless if we do that or not. Salvation is not from doing this, and there is not condemnation to believers who don't, many won't see they should, but it would be better if they came to Yahweh fully at this time. But I believe there are more important things for us to do, yet. We grow spiritually as we learn more of the things for us.

• Agree
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't know about this with 100% certainty, but I believe it is better to rest on the Sabbath, this is why Yahweh said it was important, and in the scripures it is seen that the Sabbath is holy. This would mean this time is, for us to set things aside during this, and this time is holy for it regardless if we do that or not. Salvation is not from doing this, and there is not condemnation to believers who don't, many won't see they should, but it would be better if they came to Yahweh fully at this time. But I believe there are more important things for us to do, yet. We grow spiritually as we learn more of the things for us.
I agree for the most part. While there may not be condemnation to believers who don't keep the Sabbath, I believe there are definitely loss of blessings and rewards. Some losses of rewards will not be made manifest until after our resurrection.

Upvote 0

Arius

Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2017
Phoenix
✟104,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married

Greetings @FredVB

Here is the thing (as I just mentioned in my letter to our friend gadar perets, that since God created the sun and the moon (which we count our days by) on His 4th Day, which is our "first day of the week", or our Monday, .. and rested three days later on His Seventh Day, which is our Wednesday, so Gods Sabbath is on our Wednesday.
So the Seventh Day worshippers actually worship a man made Sabbath along with their god YHWH.

God bless you.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟268,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Arius said:
Greetings @FredVB
Here is the thing (as I just mentioned in my letter to our friend gadar perets, that since God created the sun and the moon (which we count our days by) on His 4th Day, which is our "first day of the week", or our Monday, .. and rested three days later on His Seventh Day, which is our Wednesday, so Gods Sabbath is on our Wednesday.
So the Seventh Day worshippers actually worship a man made Sabbath along with their god YHWH.
God bless you.

Greetings, Arius. If we do keep discussion going in a friendly manner, indeed we are communicating as Christian believers, the way they should.

It is an error, that I never heard anywhere else, that the fourth day of creation was the first day. It is rightly understood, by any others, Jews and non-Jews, that the seventh day is the Sabbath, Exodus 20:11, Yahweh is showing it, from the seventh day after six days of creation. Each of the days had light, defining them, before as well as after the defined sun was in place.

I debated, and attended 7th Day Worshipping congregations, and yes, the "Day" and the word "YHWH" were specifically mentioned from the moment me and my wife entered the church on Saturday, .. including in "every sermon"
And you know very well that "rolling up your bed, and taking it with you" was included in the "Breaking of the Sabbath", which is exactly why this was mentioned. As we can clearly see that you worship the word "YHWH" on your holy day called "Sabbath". Anyone other than the "Sabbath Day Worshippers" could see this.
John 5:1 - 18
8 Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk.” 9 And immediately the man was made well, took up his bed, and walked.
And that day was the Sabbath.
10 The Jews therefore said to him who was cured,
“It is the Sabbath; it is not lawful for you to carry your bed.”
11 He answered them, “He who made me well said to me, ‘Take up your bed and walk.’”
Our trying will never be good enough, that is the whole reason why God sent His only begotten Son Word into the world, because here is how God sees our "righteousness":
Isaiah 64:
6 But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousness's are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind,
Have taken us away.

That "day" Is your Lord and god, so is the word "YHWH", as you keep showing us.
I am fully aware of James 2:14-26, but I have shown you over and over again that even Jesus made a man break the Sabbath, to prove a point that our Creator is the Lord of the Sabbath also, not the other way around.
Answer me this: "Who did Jesus come for?"
That's right, "the Lost sheep of Israel", not you a gentile, yet see how that changed? So did many other things, especially the "keeping of the Law".
Thou shalt not commit adultery - law
If you as much as look upon a woman lustfully you have committed adultery in your heart. - Jesus
Give tithes - law
Give all that you have to the poor, and follow me - Jesus
We are to "be perfect, for our Heavenly Father is perfect".
I just shown you again where Jesus specifically addressed the "breaking of the Sabbath", multiply times.
I could go and change my name to YHWH, or even name my dog YHWH, .. because those four letters don't mean ANYTHING unless you KNOW who our Creator God Is.
Exodus 3:13 Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?”
14 And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel,
‘I AM has sent me to you.’
Like I said, anyone can have the name YHWH, even my dog, (which by the way atheists point out that dog spelled backwards is 'god') but knowing who God, or YHWH, or Heavenly Father, or who our Creator truly 'IS', the Lord gave it to Moses; Exodus 3:13
No 'name' can describe our Infinite Creator. I mean what name could sum up Infinite?
If they worship this YHWH on Saturday, they will enter into Gods Kingdom?
After 6,000 years, what makes you so sure you are "resting, and worshipping God" on the seventh Day?
Adam and Eve lived in the Garden without counting days, for they/we were created to 'live forever', so how do you know you are not worshipping on the wrong day, maybe like the third, or the sixth day of Gods Seven Day creation??
Look, if we go by the Bible, the sun and the moon was created on Gods 4th Day, (Day one, or Monday for us) and rested 3 days later, which would be Wednesday. So Gods "Day of Rest", .. or the Sabbath is on Wednesday, .. is that when you worship Gods Holy Day?
"Organized Religion" says eat what ever kind of meat you want (dogs, cats, slugs, pigs, roaches, etc.), but our Creator says eat only clean meat.
Acts 10:
11 and saw heaven opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to the earth. 12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air. 13 And a voice came to him, “Rise, Peter; kill and eat.”
14 But Peter said, “Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean.” 15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”
This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.
Can't get any more clearer than that, and it was done 3 times, to make sure Paul gets it. But obviously even a hundred times isn't enough for you!?
Tetragrammaton - the Hebrew name of God transliterated in four letters as YHWH or JHVH and articulated as Yahweh or Jehovah.
.. got it? YHWH, JHVH, Yahweh or Jehovah, make sure you don't call God by the wrong one!

I visited a Seventh Day Adventist church (I never had that as my own church), they sure did mention the Sabbath, with emphasis, this for them meaning the day for coming to that church, though I really came to visit for other reasons, it did not change my thinking toward seeing the Sabbath is holy, I already saw this in the scriptures. But there they were never mentioning the name of Yahweh, and I am sure I would have noticed if I heard it mentioned.

"rolling up your bed, and taking it with you" was not breaking the Sabbath, Jewish leaders were just saying it was, from their understanding, but it is not from the scriptures.

It is not really good to say, you worship the word "YHWH" on your holy day called "Sabbath". The name of Yahweh is not a word, but a name, the revealed name. Yahweh should be worshiped, and that shouldn't be criticized. And the Sabbath was revealed by Yahweh as holy, it is not someone else's holy day.

When Jesus said to him, “Rise, take up your bed and walk,” Jesus was not going contrary to the law, for Jesus has perfect righteousness and was perfectly obedient to all the commandments. So it was Jewish leaders not understanding what requirements there were that said that was breaking the Sabbath, Jesus would not be involved with breaking it.

Yahweh is our God, it is not good to say Yahweh "is your god", Yahweh should be God for all of us, who else should be that? There is no other.

We do need Jesus's righteousness, it is perfect, with Jesus never involved with breaking any commandment. So with being in him, we are seen with his righteousness. Jesus was not and would not ever make one break any commandment, that or another.

The Sabbath is not our Lord and God, any more than it was to people of Israel in the covenant when Yahweh spoke of that for them. It was for coming to Yahweh, as they should.

Jesus said he came for the lost sheep of Israel, but he was not really excluding gentiles, the time to show gentiles were to be included with coming to Jesus had yet to come. Jesus did say he had sheep of another flock, anticipating this. So the difference with that is that gentiles don't have to become Jews for that, with circumcision, which is not a necessity.

And what Jesus spoke of commandments in the law did not lessen them in any way, but showed in some of them anyway more was involved than was being recognized.

It is for us to be perfect, and it is because the heavenly Father is perfect.

It is not recommendable that the name of Yahweh should be used so casually. There is to be respect with any mention of God. When you quote Exodus 3:13-14, you just leave it with stopping there, and neglect context, including Exodus 3:15 which goes in the same statement. You limit yourself if you just look at where it says "the LORD" if you won't recognize that the original inspired writing of the scriptures had the name of Yahweh there, in the Hebrew letters that were used. This name, that is written in the original scriptures almost seven thousand times, is what is for remembering in all generations.

I don't think there is any issue with how the name of Yahweh is pronounced, or how it is spelled. But I am sure I speak it just about how it was originally pronounced. I have seen how in ancient Greek writing the pronunciation was preserved in their Greek way.

Yes, after 6000 years, or however long it was, we can be sure when the Sabbath was, Exodus 20:11, shows it, the Jews have continually recognized that day, which Jesus still recognized, for he was perfect and never made an issue of the Sabbath being another day, but was perfect in the obedience.

About your reference to Acts 10, you, along with others I have seen, interpret it wrongly to be about any change in pernitted food. This way of seeing it neglects the context, not just of all that chapter, but other chapters, as specifically Acts 11 and Acts 15, and especially Acts of the Apostles 10:28 shows it. This is all about including the gentiles, that Jesus had anticipated, without judging them as unclean, to exclude them if they were not becoming Jewish, with circumcision.

The best way for us to be eating, that is from the design and Yahweh's perfect will for us, which was the original permission and what there will be return to, that creation groans for and the hope is shown with what is in prophetic revelation, is completely plant-based.

Last edited:
Reactions: gadar perets
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.