South East Queensland, Australia
✟15,188.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Hey, I know this has already been done in another thread, but that was like 8 years ago or so.
So, just looking for some bible verses supporting evolution. I know about Genesis 4:13 (Cain's punishment), and the ones in Genesis 1, but what else is there?

Thanks and God bless
Lachie

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
First and foremost, I would skip the whole question. Just as we don't expect there to be lines in one or another of the many different Bibles about computers, or the internet, or space travel, or genetic engineering, or plate tectonics, we shouldn't expect there to be any about evolution, which is a much more recent discovery.

However, some that are OK are Ecl. 3:18:

I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

and Wisdom 19:19

this is just what happened -
land animals became aquatic, swimming ones took to the land.

(a very nice description of both the evolution of whales and the move from fish to us.).

However, note that both, in context, are not just talking about evolution. That takes us back to the "first and foremost", above.

Papias

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Col 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. That includes evolution too, it was creation by, through and for Christ.

Upvote 0

GOD is LOVE is GOD

Smile at your enemies.. it confuses them...
Jan 11, 2012
Visalia, CA
✟8,059.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, I know this has already been done in another thread, but that was like 8 years ago or so.
So, just looking for some bible verses supporting evolution. I know about Genesis 4:13 (Cain's punishment), and the ones in Genesis 1, but what else is there?

Thanks and God bless
Lachie

Here are a few verses:

Romans 1:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Isaiah 42:5-9
5 This is what God the LORD says—
the Creator of the heavens, who stretches them out,
who spreads out the earth with all that springs from it,
who gives breath to its people,
and life to those who walk on it:
6 “I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness;
I will take hold of your hand.
I will keep you and will make you
to be a covenant for the people
and a light for the Gentiles,
7 to open eyes that are blind,
to free captives from prison
and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.

8 “I am the LORD; that is my name!
I will not yield my glory to another
or my praise to idols.
9 See, the former things have taken place,
and new things I declare;
before they spring into being
I announce them to you.”

Here are some that explain that our creation was a process:

Job 10:9
Remember that you molded me like clay. Will you now turn me to dust again?

Isaiah 64:8
Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are the work of your hand.

Other interesting "science" verses:

Isaiah 55:10
10 As the rain and the snow
come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater,

Job 36:27-29
27 “He draws up the drops of water,
which distill as rain to the streams[a];
28 the clouds pour down their moisture
and abundant showers fall on mankind.
29 Who can understand how he spreads out the clouds,
how he thunders from his pavilion?

Both verses show the water cycle... Pretty cool, huh?

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Thanks and God bless
Lachie

blank.gif
blank.gif
blank.gif

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Gen. 1:9 And (Father Nature, almighty Reality), “God,” said, Let, (Panthalassa), the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let (Pangea), the dry land appear:

(composed of the Seven Large Tectonic Plates:

1. North American Plate,
2. Pacific Plate,
3. South American Plate,
4. African Plate,
5. Eurasian Plate,
6. Antartic Plate,
7. Australian Plate),...

...and it was so.

[/FONT]

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Col 1:16 For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. That includes evolution too, it was creation by, through and for Christ.

"I am the Truth, thr way, and the Life"...

Christ = Truth

In his mind, Christ saw Truth for what it is and mentally created all things in this Real world.
That is diametrically opposed to the fantasy worlds created in the minds of all the rather insane people around him.

You can become sane and see The Truth, too.

Since Christ is the oimage of God, God is all there is, Reality itself...

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
thinkingimages.jpg

... the Holy Spirit is present inside our mind when our thinking images the TRUTH, or the picture of Reality inside our mind.[/font]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'] [/font]

Upvote 0
H

Huram Abi

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Gen. 1:9 And (Father Nature, almighty Reality), “God,” said, Let, (Panthalassa), the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let (Pangea), the dry land appear:

(composed of the Seven Large Tectonic Plates:

1. North American Plate,
2. Pacific Plate,
3. South American Plate,
4. African Plate,
5. Eurasian Plate,
6. Antartic Plate,
7. Australian Plate),...

...and it was so.

[/FONT]

Ahem.... 15 major plates.

500px-Plates_tect2_en.svg.png

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"I am the Truth, thr way, and the Life"...

Christ = Truth

In his mind, Christ saw Truth for what it is and mentally created all things in this Real world.
That is diametrically opposed to the fantasy worlds created in the minds of all the rather insane people around him.

You can become sane and see The Truth, too.

Since Christ is the oimage of God, God is all there is, Reality itself...

thinkingimages.jpg

... the Holy Spirit is present inside our mind when our thinking images the TRUTH, or the picture of Reality inside our mind.
If God is all there is and everything exists in the mind of God, doesn't that mean our insane imaginings are part of the the mind of God too? Your understanding of creation seems to have wandered a bit closer to the Hindu doctrine of Maya than the biblical doctrine of a real creation.

Upvote 0

Cuddles333

May 5, 2011
Denver
✟30,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bible Verses for Evolution

Thanks and God bless
Lachie

I do know that the Koine Greek word sarkikos (carnal) means 'animal nature' according to Thayer's Greek- English Lexicon of the New Testament. Therefore, at least Theistic Evolution is understood as the result of our having this 'animal nature' .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
If God is all there is and everything exists in the mind of God, doesn't that mean our insane imaginings are part of the the mind of God too? Your understanding of creation seems to have wandered a bit closer to the Hindu doctrine of Maya than the biblical doctrine of a real creation.

Cupid is one of our resident out and out claimed Gnostics

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Hmmm...
Truth in man's mind is the image of what really exists.

That is the point of Gen 1:26.

Gen. 1:26 And God, (Father Nature, Reality), said, Let us, (these Natural Laws, together, in panentheistic expression of the Spirit of God), make man, (through the process of gradual evolution ending in the finished Adam of Jesus),... Let us, (these Natural Laws, i.e.; the spirit of God) make man, (as a reflection of Reality, in his mind, able, through Truth, to immanently reflect the "I am" of this existence), IN OUR IMAGE, (after the spirit of our orderly panentheistic organization):
and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GOD is LOVE is GOD

Smile at your enemies.. it confuses them...
Jan 11, 2012
Visalia, CA
✟8,059.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm...
But, I believe in the trinity though...

TRINITY:

Our (1) Lord is Truth, in whose (2) Spirit of mind we must commit our lives, in order to face (3) Father Nature, the Almighty Reality, within which we all exist.

Not the same Trinity though...

Father, Son, Holy Spirit ~ 3 distinct persons ~ The three persons are distinct yet coexist in unity, and are co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial ~ All of one Being.
There is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire. They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin. While distinct in their relations with one another, they are one in all else. The whole work of creation and grace is a single operation common to all three divine persons, who at the same time operate according to their unique properties, so that all things are from the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Keachian

On Sabbatical
Feb 3, 2010
Horse-lie-down
Visit site
✟23,842.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hmmm...
But, I believe in the trinity though...

TRINITY:

Our (1) Lord is Truth, in whose (2) Spirit of mind we must commit our lives, in order to face (3) Father Nature, the Almighty Reality, within which we all exist.

And the way you just described the Trinity displays that you also draw on pantheism.

While the doctrine of the Trinity in some ways was developed as a response to Gnosticism, the way I understand your view of the Trinity falls very much in line with Gnosticism, rather than orthodoxy, but here is probably not the best place to discuss your ideas, if you want to discuss your understanding of God then open a new thread in the relevant subforum

Upvote 0
C

cupid dave

Not the same Trinity though...

Father, Son, Holy Spirit ~ 3 distinct persons ~ The three persons are distinct yet coexist in unity, and are co-equal, co-eternal and consubstantial ~ All of one Being.
There is only one God in three persons. Each person is God, whole and entire. They are distinct from one another in their relations of origin. While distinct in their relations with one another, they are one in all else. The whole work of creation and grace is a single operation common to all three divine persons, who at the same time operate according to their unique properties, so that all things are from the Father, through the Son and in the Holy Spirit.

1) God does love us.
He is the God of the Living.
He is a spirit or a concept, but not a "person."

His Old Testament to is summed up in that we are to love god back, and love the people around us.

2) But His son is Truth.
Since His son id truth, God must, logically, be Reality, to father of what is true.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Evolution would be a process, not fitting with the others.
You might as well add "melting ice" to the list.

Upvote 0