Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Could it be?

comparing the fear of man vs the fear of The Lord: "The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe." Prov 29:25 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." Prov 9:10
OR
comparing secular wisdom vs G_d's wisdom: "Where is the wise person? Where is the scholar? Where is the brilliant debater of this age? Has not God made foolish • the wisdom of the world?" I Cor 1:20 Mounce VS "He is wise and powerful; who can resist him and prosper?" Job 9:4
OR
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isa 55:8-9

Upvote 0

TPeterY

But seek first the Kingdom of God....
Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
Is it by chance 1 Samuel 2:3 or 1 Corinthians 8:2-3?

1 Samuel 2:3 (NKJV) “Talk no more so very proudly;
Let no arrogance come from your mouth,
For the Lord is the God of knowledge;
And by Him actions are weighed.
1 Corinthians 8:2-3 (NKJV) 2 And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. 3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.

Upvote 0

TPeterY

But seek first the Kingdom of God....
Jan 16, 2014
✟1,583.00
Faith
Christian
"Where is the wise person? Where is the scholar? Where is the brilliant debater of this age? Has not God made foolish • the wisdom of the world?" I Cor 1:20

I love 1 Cor 1:20.

When I first joined CF, I spent a lot of time in the end times and eschatology forum defending the beliefs in a Pre-Tribulation rapture thinking I was helping others not to get lead astray. I didn't realize how carried away I was getting at times until God showed me that verse in the easy-to-read translation.

It was kinda like His way of giving me a warning. He also lead me to a video. That video hit me like a brick when she said even if you know when Christ returns, (I don't know the day or hour of the rapture) you can still be found not ready. Now I understand I just need to express what I know the bible said just once or twice and if the other person refuse to listen, let them have the last word.

Hopefully others at the debating forums will see this message will listen to the holy spirit.

1 Corinthians 1:20 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV) So what does this say about the philosopher, the law expert, or anyone in this world who is skilled in making clever arguments? God has made the wisdom of the world look foolish.​

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0jmONItUE4

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
"What man think doesn't matter, the important thing is what God thinks!
Where can I find this scripture?
There's also the book of Job, with a call to humility, and broader teaching on God being the founder of all things.
JOB 40
1 Then the Lord said to Job, "Will the faultfinder contend with the Almighty? Let him who reproves God answer it."

Then Job answered the Lord and said, "Behold, I am insignificant; what can I reply to You? I lay my hand on my mouth. Once I have spoken, and I will not answer; Even twice, and I will add nothing more."
God Questions Job

Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm and said, "Now gird up your loins like a man; I will ask you, and you instruct Me. Will you really annul My judgment? Will you condemn Me that you may be justified?"
(It continues with tongue-in-cheek.)

I don't think that any of these verses are telling people to be voiceless, mindless robots. Even in the Job passage, God took the time to work with Job and explain things, even carry on a back-and-forth.

David's Psalms showed him pleading with God, critiquing how things were handled, asking for harm against his enemies... he laid it all out there.

In Genesis 18, Abraham negotiated with God.

Ephesians 3:20, God is able to do exceedingly above what we ask or think. (He doesn't mind us asking or thinking.)

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it 1 Samuel 16:7?

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Upvote 0

DiscipleHeLovesToo

Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2010
✟77,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
this?

1Co 3:18-20 KJV
(18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
(19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
(20) And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Upvote 0

BFine

Seed Planter
Jul 19, 2011
My room
✟11,098.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
It's more or less a paraphrase of
1 Samuel 16:7.. that has been repeated
by many televangelists and others "picked"
it up ...pretty much how "money is the root
of all evil" was quoted (not in context)....by
many Christians and non-christians alike....
I still remember hearing Granny on the Beverly
Hillbillies quoting it out of context.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
posted: "Now I understand I just need to express what I know the bible said just once or twice and if the other person refuse to listen, let them have the last word."

That's one thing I've learned here as well. Saw that usually the longer the debate goes on, the more personal the language becomes and attacks usually follow.

I'm wondering if any of these Scriptures are the one that Fantomos318 is looking for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jul 3, 2014
Sweden
✟7,759.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
this?

1Co 3:18-20 KJV
(18) Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
(19) For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.
(20) And again, The Lord knoweth the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.

Is it by chance 1 Samuel 2:3 or 1 Corinthians 8:2-3?
1 Samuel 2:3 (NKJV) “Talk no more so very proudly;
Let no arrogance come from your mouth,
For the Lord is the God of knowledge;
And by Him actions are weighed.
1 Corinthians 8:2-3 (NKJV) 2 And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. 3 But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.

Fantomas if you do find the verses you looking for, please post it. I like to know too. I vet through the suggestions which i appreciate but they may not be the ones you want. I also will see if i can find the verse you want.

Thx guys for all your suggestions!
I've also got a mail from Kenneth Copeland (KCM)
He gave suggestion for theese scriptures: “For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the LORD. (Isaiah‬ 55‬:8‬ NKJV) & And if anyone thinks that he knows anything, he knows nothing yet as he ought to know. (I Corinthians‬ 8‬:2‬ NKJV).

I also looked what AWLC (Andrew Wommack Living Commentary) said about 1 cor 3:18-20.

And I found: The LORD knows people’s thoughts; he knows they are worthless! (Psalms‬ 94‬:11‬ NLT).

Basically the thing is, do what God wants, not the will of man...
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him. (Philippians‬ 2‬:13‬ NLT)

I will look for more verses and post if I find any nice!

I'm sorry that it took some time for answering...

//God Bless, Richard.

Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2014
Sweden
✟7,759.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
nucity said:
Fantomas* if you do find the verses you looking for, please post it.

I took a quick look in my NLT Bible at those verses:
Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the LORD means safety. (Proverbs 29:25 NLT)

As long as you trust God and follow his Word, what can man do to me/us?

I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? (Psalms 56:11 NLT)

Also found this:

...everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution. But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived. But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. (2 Timothy 3:12-14 NLT)

If anyone find more verses about this, then plz post em!

//God Bless, Richard.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2014
Sweden
✟7,759.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Fantomas*... ;)

I've watched KCM today.
It's a bible study from Kenneth Copeland Ministries.
Really nice to get the Word explained!!
Much easier to "walk by faith" then.

However... In the TV-Broadcast I lisened to they spoke about this:

...“Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the LORD.

“But blessed are those who trust in the LORD and have made the LORD their hope and confidence. (Jeremiah 17:5, 7 NLT) 0.o

God is so gr8!!

Upvote 0