Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Please watch and share your own thoughts.

May God Bless You With Joy, Peace, Happiness.

*Sorry for the late post, had problems uploading the video.

What a wonderful Chapter! It is indeed encouraging, DBV. And hope you are having a blessed day, @Mayflower1.

This Chapter is actually strongly Messianic. Verses 1-2 are the ones Jesus quoted from when a scroll was handed to Him in the synagogue, and He first notified the Jews that He was in fact their Messiah. The rest of the Chapter speaks of what will happen when Jerusalem is finally delivered and restored after He returns in power to reign on earth from there for a thousand years:

7 For your shame you shall have double; and for confusion they shall rejoice in their portion: therefore in their land they shall possess the double: Everlasting joy shall be unto them. 8 For I the Lord love judgment, I hate robbery for burnt offering; and I will direct their work in truth, and I will make an everlasting covenant with them. 9 And their seed shall be known among the Gentiles, and their offspring among the people. All that see them shall acknowledge them, that they are the seed which the Lord hath blessed. (Isaiah 61:7-9)

Verse 10 then gives Jerusalem's response to what He will do:

10 "I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my soul shall be joyful in my God. For he has clothed me with the garments of salvation. He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." 11 For as the earth brings forth her bud, and as the garden causes the things that are sown in it to spring forth, so the Lord God will cause righteousness and praise to spring forth before all the nations. (Isaiah 61:10-11)

And you are correct DBV, it has a spiritual fulfillment in our own lives today if we will let God do His work in us. Revelations 3:14-22 uses the same symbolism, and many believe the Lord was speaking prophetically to the church in our own time in this passage:

14 “And to the messenger of the church of the Laodiceans write... 15 “I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth. 17 Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— 18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not appear; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see. 19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten... 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. (Revelation 3:14-22).

Again, the imagery is of someone who once bore their shame instead becoming clothed in fine linen, and thus honored by God in the sight of men. This happens for us when the Spirit of God is poured out upon us and we manifest the gifts of the Spirit and the fruit of the Spirit. We "buy" these things as it were through prayer, because prayer is the currency of Heaven through which we obtain good things from God (Matthew 7:7). So the Lord wants us to be adorned and glorified spiritually like Jerusalem will be adorned and glorified in the Millennium, only it won't just fall on us, we will have to seek God for it. And many in the church today are not ready to dedicate themselves to a lifestyle of continual prayer yet, so the shame of their (spiritual) nakedness still appears before the world. This is what I am hoping to dedicate the next few years of my life to. I manifest some of the gifts and some of the fruit, but nothing like I desire to in either case, so I'm hoping that the next few years will get me to a new and better place in Him.

Thank you again DBV for posting these videos. The one from a few days ago has inspired me to consider writing an entire set of Bible studies on the epistle of First John now, and I have your study to thank for that.

God bless, and continue serving Him
Hidden

@BelleMem

Last edited:
Upvote 0