Bible study

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus said those who hear will be given more and those who do not hear what they have will be taken from them. Therefore we must seek to return to the bible to hear His voice for direction and continue in His word as He said He who abides in My words will know the truth and the truth will set him free

Last edited:

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said those who hear will be given more and those who do not hear what they have will be taken from them. Therefore we must seek to return to the bible to hear His voice for direction and continue in His word as He said He who abides in My words will know the truth and the truth will set him free
Hello Mike, could you give us a Scripture reference for what is said above?

Thanks!

--David

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,112.00
Faith
Christian
Matthew 13:12
For whoever has, to him more will be given, and he will have abundance; but whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken away from him

Anyway maybe I am wrong it may be out of context it’s just that to hear voice of God more you have to read the bible maybe he won’t take away from those who are not wilfully rejecting His word

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Don't undermine your thoughts mfj. Run with that.

But I really like John Gills Exposition on this verse that he takes and expounds on the grace basis. With the knowledge of Christ ( so literal knowledge) you believe ( faith), Grace comes in and you actively live there, more and more grace is poured on. Consider who Jesus is addressing and who wouldn't believe, so no faith, no grace and they lose what they have. By way of parable this could be applied to many things, as or since you have it then use it or lose it lol. My paraphrase is not as good as Gills own exposition though, anyone can find that in a simple browser search..

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0