Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
``WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 1, 2023```

*IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD*

*TEXT:*
```EXODUS 24:1-11```

*KEY VERSE:*
```“And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness” (EXODUS 24:10).```

*MESSAGE*
```Many people have spoken of experiences that suggest they have ‘seen’ God. It might be a near-death encounter from which God saved them. Their testimony would be, “I saw the Lord at close quarters as He plucked me from the jaws of destruction”. Or it could be, “I saw God walk into the hospital ward when I was praying. He came to my bed and touched me and I was healed instantaneously”. Surely, in each case, God was seen to be at work.

But Jesus Christ reveals to us that only “the pure in heart… shall see God” in heaven (Matthew 5:8). Our text offers a foretaste of those who will see the Lord. They are not those chosen by man, but by the Lord Himself; those with whom He has made a covenant with the blood of Jesus. When the Bible says, “they saw God, and did eat and drink”, it portrays a coming event when the faithful will dwell in the presence of God forever.

That period is closer in this age than at any other time. The Lord will reveal Himself to those who say, after reading and hearing the word of God, “All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient”. The sincere and sober declaration of the children of Israel made the Lord to enter into covenant with them after their departure from Egypt.

The lesson for us is that the gold, glory and grandeur of this world are deceptive; they will not endure, nor give lasting happiness and joy. True happiness lies in fellowship with the Giver of life. To gain divine presence, sinners must repent and forsake the fading glory of this world; those who have lost it must return to the Lord while saints must abide continually in His word.```

✍ *THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:*
```Only holy souls can see the holy God.```