Eight Mile
✟339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello! I'm so pleased to find a forum of fellow believers.

I've been teaching Bible study for my church for a while now and I thought I'd share some of my content on our website for anyone who might benefit from it as well as seek the insights of other believers.

Obviously, it's only key points as it would be impossible for me to include everything, but if you're looking for an online Bible study resource, check it out. We're currently on John Chapter 12. I'm grateful to the Holy Spirit for the tremendous revelation knowledge being poured out on the church. I love to incorporate cultural and historical facts into my teaching. A better grasp on the culture during biblical times sheds a great deal of light on our understanding. We can miss so much when we look at the Word strictly from a modern-day perspective.

Not selling anything, I'm not getting anything out of it, just something I felt the Lord wanted me to do to reach out to others. :)

John Chapter 12: Anointed bible study of the Word of God

Would love to hear what you all think or would add! Lets share our revelation knowledge and strengthen the body of Christ!

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

I've been teaching Bible study for my church for a while now and I thought I'd share some of my content on our website for anyone who might benefit from it as well as seek the insights of other believers.

Obviously, it's only key points as it would be impossible for me to include everything, but if you're looking for an online Bible study resource, check it out. We're currently on John Chapter 12. I'm grateful to the Holy Spirit for the tremendous revelation knowledge being poured out on the church. I love to incorporate cultural and historical facts into my teaching. A better grasp on the culture during biblical times sheds a great deal of light on our understanding. We can miss so much when we look at the Word strictly from a modern-day perspective.

Not selling anything, I'm not getting anything out of it, just something I felt the Lord wanted me to do to reach out to others. :)

Would love to hear what you all think or would add! Lets share our revelation knowledge and strengthen the body of Christ!

Sorry to pop your bubble, but there are mostly "Chiefs", here, and very few "Indians". Most, here, came here to straighten the other out, not to learn a bloody thing. It's pretty incredible.

And I will forewarn you now, that your content will be smashed and destroyed by someone, so just be prepared and definitely know what you're talking about. These wolves will shred you like cheese....and I'm not kidding in the slightest.

Upvote 0

LynnSmith

Mar 28, 2019
Here
✟35,409.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Welcome to CF!
Thank you for sharing with us. Always great to find those willing to share. :)

• Agree
Reactions: xtitech
Upvote 0

MistyDW

Apr 23, 2019
Eight Mile
✟339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to pop your bubble, but there are mostly "Chiefs", here, and very few "Indians". Most, here, came here to straighten the other out, not to learn a bloody thing. It's pretty incredible.

And I will forewarn you now, that your content will be smashed and destroyed by someone, so just be prepared and definitely know what you're talking about. These wolves will shred you like cheese....and I'm not kidding in the slightest.

I'm not worried about it at all. If someone believes they have divine insight and wants to share it, I don't mind hearing it and can always take it to God in prayer...although I'd be surprised to see Christians cut each other down.

I've thought about either doing a bible study online on something like Skype or just doing it as a forum discussion. Would love to get feedback. Right now I'm just posting a review of the content but ultimately, I'd like to make the study, in its entirety, available to Christians who don't live in my area. Have a wonderful day all!

Upvote 0

MistyDW

Apr 23, 2019
Eight Mile
✟339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is an excellent idea, thank you! I'm not in this to become popular. God has been doing great things in my life and I want to share his Word with others. I don't claim to be the next Joyce Meyer or anyone else for that matter, just me. But if I can help anyone who is struggling with a bible study, I'm happy to welcome them in either in church directly, or to my online sisters and brothers in Christ :) Plus I love reaching out to all of you. I'm certainly not beyond learning more about the Word and hearing what others have to say.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi misty,

Just letting you know that I looked over your syllabus and it seems to be in line with the Scriptural account, although, I'm not sure that a dinner in a home with Jesus and his disciples would be considered a 'public' place where a woman might not let down her hair. Mary was showing her love and adoration for Jesus and what she did was, according to Jesus, one of the greatest acts of such love that could have been given. So, I'm just not much concerned with, 'what would have been the social norms of the day' when I understand that Mary truly loved the Lord and was showing that love to him at a reasonably private function. Also, according to the Scriptures, she wasn't really washing, that would likely have been done with water. She was anointing Jesus' feet just as there was an anointing given to priests and kings and such. Mary was recognizing Jesus for who he really was, King of kings and Lord of lords.

However, it's a very small point and may or may not be the truth of the matter or even something that Mary even considered when anointing Jesus' feet. Overall though, I'd say it's a perfectly good outline for a study discussion.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0

MistyDW

Apr 23, 2019
Eight Mile
✟339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Ted. I agree 100% there is a tremendous lesson of love in the story of Mary anointing the feet of Jesus. I do like to look at cultural norms of the time as well because many times, reading the Word with our modern-day concepts, we can miss out on a lot of significance. You made some good points though. My understanding (and I could be wrong) is that woman of the era didn't take down their hair in the presence of guests. Maybe someone else might have some insight. Regardless, thank you again for your reply! Certainly food for thought.

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
although I'd be surprised to see Christians cut each other down.

My oh my, are you in for a huge surprise. It is important that you realize that there are very few, here, that have come to learn. Most, here, have come to teach, educate and set people right. That's why I came and I got shut down very, very quickly....even left once.

Those that stay, here, are some tough, tough people who can fight off the masses, which are wolves in sheep's clothing. One of these day's you'll send me a PM with eyes wide open, mouth agape and shocked....our friendship will begin. :)

Happy to know you and support you! Hopefully you can lead us all into having "one mind". Those who do not belong to "one mind" are on their own. I want to be a part of a real team of Christians that love each other, support each other and love each other. I have only met one person, here, who I speak with that is truly after the life of Christ. Just one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MistyDW

Apr 23, 2019
Eight Mile
✟339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know about leading anyone to one mind haha. My grandmother always said, "as long as there are two people left on this earth, they will argue", but I appreciate the vote of confidence! I agree and would love to find a community of Christians who love and support each other. I love to teach, but I also love to learn :) I never accept anything anyone says at face value (and advise my group to do the same thing with me) but take it to God in prayer, meditate on it, and let the Holy Spirit share revelation knowledge on it. It's all food for thought. Take care!!

Upvote 0

Thess

Oct 31, 2018
Chelan
✟19,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't know about leading anyone to one mind haha. My grandmother always said, "as long as there are two people left on this earth, they will argue", but I appreciate the vote of confidence! I agree and would love to find a community of Christians who love and support each other. I love to teach, but I also love to learn :) I never accept anything anyone says at face value (and advise my group to do the same thing with me) but take it to God in prayer, meditate on it, and let the Holy Spirit share revelation knowledge on it. It's all food for thought. Take care!!

We are called to do this.....and you will do it. That's why you're here to share. :)

I believe in you.

• Agree
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
As Thess has highlighted, wherever we are in our walk of faith, we have always got something new to learn from each other.

Thank you for sharing your bible study with us. And welcome to the forum!

• Agree
Reactions: Thess
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums