Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I also like "You Bible" It's a Google Chrome app, website, and android app. For online though Biblegateway is the way to go. There's so many translations you can compare and really get the meaning out of the text.

Upvote 0

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I like to use Bible Explorer 4. eSword is good for looking at the Strong's Concordance numbers, but they number the verses in your results somewhat inconveniently, so I typically use Bible Explorer 4. It is free. After installing, go to "Bibles" and click on the King James Bible. It will tell you that it is not their, and you can tell it to install the Bible for you.

Upvote 0

StandingFirm

Jul 19, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do most of my bible study on my computer. I use Wordsearch, Logos, Esword and Glo. I also have The Word but haven't used it very much. I use Instaverse with Microsoft Word when composing my studies. It displays the verse when you roll your mouse over the scripture reference.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I got some free bible study software that works well for me. I have nothing to compare it to though. It has resources to go online to more free websites and get 100s of full cover to cover studies by different scholars, different publishing house study notes and lesson notes. literally 100s of translations. All the standards and a ton that I never heard of about 5 on the software and 100 downloadable from the site once you plug in with the cd. I just like how you could look at chapter and verse and compare different translations to see how many different ways something was worded and get a better sense of the meaning of the text. It als has Greek and Hebrew translations and dictionaries. I think it was like $5 for shipping or something

http://www.cdearth.com/bible-study.htm
www.cdearth.com

PS I just looked and they added a library and reference Bible software, same deal I think you get 3 cds at cost to test drive service or something. I just cancelled right after I ordered so I wasn't ever re-billed or anything.

Upvote 0

MrB

Feb 22, 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
✟15,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you are looking for an easy-to-use, FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE bible for your iPad/Android, or even desktop computer, I humbly (and highly) recommend the "Olive Tree" bible software. I have owned it for 4 months now and found it to be the best bible software on the market. At the risk of sounding like I "work for the company" (which I promise I don't), I made a detailed list of its features below...

BIBLE TEXT FORMATING OPTIONS:
Has 29 Different Font TYPES, 32 Different Font SIZES, and literally thousands of COLOR Options for EACH of the following; Background, Bible Text, Words-of-Christ, Verse Numbers, Strong’s Numbers, & Footnotes. (Finally! Words-of-Christ in BLUE!). Has 12 Different Highlight & Underlining Styles, each with thousands of Colors to choose from, and a customizable title for each Highlight.

SPLIT SCREEN:
The Split Screen can be used for a 2nd Bible, a Personal Notepad, Dictionary, or a Commentary Book. The split screen will also automatically “Sync”. For example, when you go to a verse on the LEFT side of the screen (bible #1 for example), the RIGHT side of the screen (whatever book you have opened) will automatically go to that exact same related location.

MISC. FEATURES:
The program works in both Landscape or Portrait tablet positions, and has 2 bible text Scrolling Options (smooth-scroll up & down, or flip pages side-to-side). Has the option of Dual-Column or Single-Column bible text, a “quick access” Book/Chapter/Verse pop-up window displayed in either a "standard” order, or alphabetical order. Has an "always on” Spell Checker, Search window, quick-access Verse History window, an unlimited number of; Book Ribbons, Bookmarks, and “Insertable” Notes. (The Insertable Notes are placed directly within the bible text with a Shortcut Icon). Plus it has a free external back-up system to save all your custom highlights and notes from possibly being lost after potential years of personal use.

COMPATIBILITY:
I have had this Olive Tree program for about 4 months now, and so far it has worked great and never crashed on my iPad-1. Keep in mind though, I have never had ANY other Apps running in the background (taking-up RAM) while using this program, and always used it after a fresh reboot. FYI, the free “Bible Reader" program (the "base" program) needs to be installed before adding any books/bibles, and comes with a free KJV bible. The 'Olive Tree Software' website has many demo videos about this program if interested.

Olive Tree claims to offer over 700 available Apps for; Bibles, Reference Books, Commentaries, Dictionaries, Maps, etc. Some are free, but most are not. However, the paid ones all seem to be very reasonably priced. For example, of the 5 different bibles I have purchased so far (ESV, NASB, NIV, AMP, & NKJV) they have ranged from $11 to $19 (though prices may have changed since). Also know that the expanded "Study Bibles" will cost much more, just like they would in any Christian bookstore.

From personal experience, I would also highly recommend buying a good stylus pen if using this on a touchpad computer. Just using your finger alone will quickly prove to be a bit too challenging when attempting some of the more "precision-related" tasks, such as highlighting specific text.

I do apologize for this lengthy post...but I just wanted to explain why I love this program so much! For it truly became an incredible new tool for my bible reading & in-depth studies. I'm a high-tech freak by nature, so this bible software has been a complete "game-changer" for me, and has truly helped deepen my relationship with God.

Hope this review was helpful. God Bless, all.

Bill in Denver. :cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I love that bible online program. It goes to your ohone too so you can link up with your reading plan on the go. I'm doing "the essential 100" right now lots of translations and no need to download.

Upvote 0

cyhertzler

May 22, 2012
At home in front of the monitor
✟15,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I use a free website called blueletterbible.org. It has commentaries, Greek/Hebrew concordances, dictionaries, hymns that match to the reference, several versions to choose (of course), and just a great array of treasures. It looks like a mix between a website and a pc program.

Upvote 0

StandingFirm

Jul 19, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have used blueletterbible as well. I also have a print version of the ESV Study bible and with that you get access to the online version which is great. You can listen to the Bible as you read it as well as access to the online version of the study bible. There are a few additional tools you can purchase as well. In my opinion the ESV Study Bible is one of the best study bibles available.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.