Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The King James Version has been a tried and true text that shows the truths of Adventism and if you go into a Adventist church, on the whole you will find this is the Bible of preference as most modern versions have issues to say the least.

The Textus Receptus or Majority Text which is what the King James is based on has been attacked with changes, amendments, deletions, and to diminish Gods truth. Many places of learning including Adventist schools and Christian Colleges and Universities have switched over to versions using the Minority Text (Westcott and Hort or Nestle and Aland) for the classroom while still using the King James Version in public, so few notice. So many of the new versions are based on the corrupted manuscripts and deletions which form the basis of the Minority Text, that its easy to pick one up and not notice. So how are Bible doctrines affected by these modern versions based on the Minority Text, lets take a look at what these changes do in this study I came across which states with Matthew:

MATTHEW

1:25 "her firstborn" is omitted. That Jesus was her firstborn indicates that Mary and Joseph had relations after the birth of Jesus and that others were born of her. The omission here seeks to add credence to the false doctrine of the Roman Catholic Church concerning the perpetual virginity of Mary. The Bible is clear that Jesus had brothers and sisters.

5:22 "without a cause" is removed. In the Sermon on the Mount the Lord warned of judgment for those who were angry with a brother without a cause. Should this change be accepted everyone who is angry with his brother may be judged. (The effect is to bring Jesus into judgment for failing to observe his own words in Mark 3:5 "5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other." Such is contrary to the doctrine of the sinlessness of Christ.)

6:4, 6, 18 "openly" is out. It is a Bible Doctrine that Christian work done unnoticed for the glory of the Lord will one day be rewarded openly (Col. 3:4).

6:13 "For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever, Amen" is deleted. This ascription of praise to "Our Father" is found in 491 out of 500 existing manuscripts.

8:29 "Jesus" is left out. The demons bore witness to the fact that Jesus was the Son of God. It was an identification of Jesus (in humanity) as the Son of God (in Deity). It affects the doctrine of the Person of Christ.

9:8 "marvelled" is changed to "were afraid." There is no reason to believe that the people were afraid because Jesus healed the sick of the palsy. There is every reason for them to marvel at the miracle.

9:13 "to repentance" is left out. The Bible doctrine of repentance is one that men would like to do away with. God requires that in order to be saved one must truly repent (Acts 17:30; 2 Peter 3:9). The word means "a change of mind" and there must be that concerning God, sin and salvation. Men think that sin does not really separate them from God--they must change their mind about that. Men think that salvation is by works--they must change their mind about that. There is nothing more evident today than the absence of repentance among those who are professing to be converted.

15:8 "draweth nigh unto me with their mouth" is left out. According to Isaiah 29:13 it belongs in because Isaiah prophesied of these hypocrites exactly that way.

16:2,3 "When it is evening ... the signs of the times" is all omitted. The Pharisees and Sadducees came looking for a sign and the signs were all around them. Jesus called them hypocrites because they could not tell the signs of the times.

17:21 Whole verse is left out. Power with God is to be had by prayer and fasting. That is a fundamental truth of the Word of God.

18:2 "Jesus" is left out. This is done many times by the corrupt Greek Text of Westcott and Hort. The MAJORITY Text continuously places the word "Jesus" in the narrative with the definite article preceding it. Thus it places him in the center of things and in command. It is doctrinally unsound for such prominence to be discarded for the word "he."

18:11 The whole verse is omitted. This verse tells us that man is lost, that he needs to be saved, and that the Son of man is the one who can do that. The doctrine of salvation through Jesus Christ is affected by this change.

18:15 "against thee" is omitted. This omission sets us up as watchdogs over others and if one sins we are to go and tell him. Such is not the teaching of Scripture. Were we to declare every sin we would be constantly busy (bodies) judging the actions and motives of everyone. This change is a very bad error.

18:35 "their trespasses" is omitted. Same thought as mentioned in 18:15.

19:9 "and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery" is removed. This is a very important doctrinal change which concerns divorce and remarriage. A man who divorces his wife and remarries commits adultery, and also the man who marries the divorced wife commits adultery.

19:16,17 "Good" before Master is omitted. In addition to that, the phrase "Why callest thou me good?" is changed to "Why askest thou me concerning the good?" Good Master is correct and Jesus responded to show the young man that only one was good and that one was God. The conclusion should have been obvious. Since Jesus was good he was necessarily God. The omission and change destroys the intended testimony to the Deity of Christ.

20:16 "for many be called, but few chosen" is left out. The Lord would have us know that many are called to inherit eternal life, but few are chosen by virtue of believing in Christ. It is a Bible doctrine that God wants all men to be saved but few will come to Christ for salvation.

21:12 "of God" is out. Jesus, who was God in the flesh, came to his own temple and said, "My house shall be called the house of prayer." It was the temple of God and the God of the temple was there.

22:30 "of God" is removed. There are good angels and fallen angels. The believers, in the resurrection, will be like the good angels "of God" who alone are in heaven.

23:8 "Master" is changed to "teacher." There are many teachers but only one master. The change here takes away the pre- eminence that God intends for his Son.

25:13 "wherein the Son of man cometh" is omitted. The warning to watch is tied to the imminent return of the Lord. The omission here does away with the doctrine of the Lord's second advent.

26:28 "new" is dropped before testament. The apostle Paul tells us that Jesus said, "this cup is the NEW testament in my blood." The change here is intended to corrupt the Word of God and to confuse Christians.

27:35 "that it might be fulfilled ... did they cast lots" is all omitted. It is very important in Matthew's gospel, where Jesus is portrayed as the King of Israel, to show that he is the fulfillment of Old Testament prophecies. Here the parting of his garments and casting lots is the fulfillment of Psalm 22:18 which portrays the crucifixion of Christ. To omit this is to show the intended corruption of the Word of God by the textual critics.

28:6 "the Lord" is omitted. The very reverent angels said, "see the place where the Lord lay." They would not say, "see the place where he lay." The constant attempt to humanize Jesus and take away from his Deity does not endear the Westcott and Hort Greek Text to believers.

This is just Matthew, these changes and deletions is done all the way to Revelation...

Last edited:

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now how about Adventist doctrines, one of the physical manifestations of Ellen White when she went into vision was that like Daniel, the breath went completely out of her, she did not breathe, often for hours. Notice the difference between the NIV and the KJV.

Dan 10:17 (KJV) For how can the servant of this my lord talk with this my lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.

Daniel 10:17 (New International Version)
17 How can I, your servant, talk with you, my lord? My strength is gone and I can hardly breathe."

We see, "I can hardly breathe" is a far cry from "neither is there breath left in me"

Notice this next example also taken from the Book of Daniel:
Dan 3:25 (KJV) He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

Daniel 3:25 (New International Version)
25 He said, "Look! I see four men walking around in the fire, unbound and unharmed, and the fourth looks like a son of the gods."

What son of what god are they talking about here? Jupiter, Baal, Apollos? The sun god of the Babylonians, Mirtha......?

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And of course the NIV changes in Hebrews 9, where the NIV changes 'holy place' to 'Most Holy Place.' Also, Colossians 2,'sabbaths' to 'a Sabbath day.' Etc."

"Hebrews 9 says that Christ entered the 'greater and more perfect tabernacle . . .' and that He entered the Holy Place. v. 12 says that Christ entered the Holy Place, ta hagia, not the Most Holy Place, hagia haggiwn. The NIV, along with others, have attempted to change that. In vv. 24ff, it says He sacrificed Himself. But your best clue is found in what you yourself have said. His stated work was 'to make intercession for us.' That is the distinctive ministry of the courtyard and the Holy Place. The work in the Most Holy Place was a work of judgment....Heb. 9 specifies that Christ entered ta hagia, the holy place, as opposed to hagia haggiwn .

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And how could I forget, the King James Version says: “Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.”

According to these words, one needs to keep the commandments.

The New International Version says: ““Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city.…“.

On what grounds does the NIV give another prerequisite? Does it change the meaning or the intent of what the writer was putting down.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then the doctrine of the GodHead, the NIV removes the critically important word 'Godhead' from Acts 17:29, Romans 1:20, and Colossians 2:9. Those are the only 3 mentions of the Word in the Bible; yet, they have all been removed. Then we have the following:

John 1:3 (New International Version, )
"3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

Now here is what the King James Bible says...

John 1:3, 'All things were made BY HIM; and without him was not any thing made that was made.'

1st John 5:7 in the NIV reads...

1 John 5:7 (New International Version)
"7 For there are three that testify"

Here is what King James Bible reads...

1st John 5:7, 'For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.'

Subtly this is a change affecting the deity of Jesus Christ.

We find it again in NIV in Colossians 1:16...

Colossians 1:16 (New International Version)
"16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him."

Now here is what the King James Bible says...

Colossians 1:16, 'For BY HIM were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.'

The King James Bible says that 'by Him,' that is, by Jesus Christ, were all things created. The Scriptures attribute creation directly to the Lord Jesus Christ

The NIV doesn't miss the point again in John 1:10...

John 1:10 (New International Version, ©2011)

10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

Here is what the faithful King James Bible reads...

John 1:10, 'He was in the world, and the world was MADE BY HIM, and the world knew him not.'

Satan knows that if he can change each new version of the Bible just a little bit, then it won't be too long before all truth is gone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree with you on the newer bible versions compared to the KJV. I have seen the differences and it saddens me. Currently I am reading a book about this very thing.

New Age Bible Versions: An Exhaustive Documentation of the Message, Men & Manuscripts Moving Mankind to the Antichrist's One World Religion [Paperback]

G. A. Riplinger (Author)

I found my book at a Bibles for Missions thrift store for only $1.00.

Also I would love to discuss this more.

Moriah Ruth

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do see the differences in the bible translations compared to the KJV. Where there are verses, words and phrases completely gone or other thoughts is put in to change the whole meaning of the verse or chapter. It is scary to see.

Now think of this. All the bible translations and there are many of them, didn't start until early 19 century and then it really started to pick up after the 1990's.

Also this brings much strife, division, and arguments among many believers in Christ. And when one brings the errors to their attention they get all angry and they start to accuse others of heresy.

Also the newer versions and translations are leading up to a One world religion and also to take one away from the true Jesus Christ and the truth of God's word.

The author who did this book did 6 years study on all of the translations and he had put it altogether. It really makes one think. Really it should wake us all up.

Moriah Ruth

Upvote 0

Moriah Ruth 777

Encourager/Exhorter
Oct 3, 2012
Canada
✟20,616.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another thought that comes to mind is this. When the world and New Agers start to change our bible and take all truth out from the bible, there will be a spiritual hunger for the word and it will not be there.

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it." Amos 8:11,12

Moriah Ruth

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Another thought that comes to mind is this. When the world and New Agers start to change our bible and take all truth out from the bible, there will be a spiritual hunger for the word and it will not be there.

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it." Amos 8:11,12

Moriah Ruth
That is very good text describing what is happening.....

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here are some of the changes in Mark:

1:1 "the Son of God" is left out. These words present Jesus Christ as Deity. Such an omission is a direct attack on the person of Christ and is without doubt a doctrinal error.

1:31 "immediately" is dropped. The descriptive word tells us when the fever left her and therefore provides us with a miracle. The word left out denies the miracle and thus the one who performed it.

2:17 "to repentance" is left out. See if you see if it makes any difference:
[KJV]17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

[NIV]17 On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”

3:15 "to heal sicknesses" is omitted. Jesus gave them authority to heal diseases as well as to cast out demons. Sickness is the result of the effects of sin and Christ had the authority to eliminate it as evidenced when He said, "Son, thy sins be forgiven thee" and "Rise up and walk."

4:24 "and unto you that hear shall more be given" is left out. It is a Bible teaching that those who seek truth from the Lord shall be given more truth (see John 7:17).

5:36 "as soon" is dropped. The word in the Greek is "immediately." The word immediately is constantly dropped by the revisers of the NIV.

6:11 "Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment, than for that city" is removed from the text. This passage emphasizes the great degree of responsibility that was upon those cities who heard the Lord's apostles as they preached repentance and worked miracles before them.

7:8 "as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do" is omitted. The Lord not only condemns the Pharisees for traditions of men, but he names them. It is doctrinally unsound to let men go on in traditions as we see even today and not expose them, but some don't want that seen in scripture.

9:23 "if thou canst believe" is dropped. The father had said to Jesus, "if thou canst do anything." To this lack of faith Jesus answered, "if thou canst believe." It was at once a rebuke and an encouragement to have faith in him. The father's answer in the next verse is beautiful but the Revisers ruined that also. They omitted "with tears, Lord" from the most precious answer as recorded by the Spirit of God. "24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief."

9:47 "fire" is omitted. The words are inspired and in complete agreement with Rev. 20:15. The Wicked perishing in the lake of fire is a clear teaching especially for SDA. "15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."Rev. 20:15.

10:21 "take up the cross" is left out. The word to the young man was to divest himself of the riches in which he trusted, consider himself dead to the world, and follow Christ into eternal life.

10:24 "for them that trust in riches" is left out. This is a very glaring doctrinal error. It is not hard to enter into the kingdom of God (salvation is a free gift through faith in Jesus Christ) but it is hard for those who trust in riches to trust Christ alone for salvation.

11:26 The whole verse is removed. "26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses." It is a Bible doctrine that if we confess our sins and ask God for favor he requires that our confession of sin include forgiveness of those who have sinned against us.

13:14 "spoken of by Daniel the prophet" is dropped. "14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:" Without the reference to Daniel the appeal to understand is without force. Though some might connect it in their thoughts because they are familiar with Scripture, it does not follow that he is referring to Daniel.

14:22 "eat" is dropped."22 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body." Our Lord did not give them a relic from the Last Supper to take home and put on a shelf, they ate it.

15:28 The whole verse is left out. "28 And the scripture was fulfilled, which saith, And he was numbered with the transgressors." Jesus was crucified between two thieves in fulfillment of Isaiah 53:12. It is doctrinal error to eliminate clear statements concerning the fulfilling of prophecy (see Luke 24:27).

16:9-20 Twelve verses are omitted. There are many doctrines affected by the omission of these twelve verses. The resurrection of Christ is deleted. The great commission, baptism, eternal damnation and His ascension into Heaven are all taken out of the Word of God. The evidence is clear that these verses are original and to cut them out is to affect many doctrines of the Christian faith.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will check that out.

Now in 395 AD, Jerome was accused by Pammachius of misrepresenting his thoughts through bad translation. In his response (known as Letter LVII: To Pammachius on the Best Method of Translating), Jerome stated, "As, however the letter itself shews that no changes have been made in the sense, that nothing has been added, and that no doctrine has been foisted into it, 'obviously their object is understanding to understand nothing;' and while they desire to arraign another's want of skill, they betray their own."

Jerome was a careful translator, and his words show the care he had in what he did. It can be used as a good standard when we go to see the versions out there, that no changes have been made in the sense, that nothing has been added, and that no doctrine has been foisted into it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will also recommend a resource tool for you on this subject, please feel free to check it out {you will need updated flashplayer to view correctly} - [LINK]

Very nice, will have to learn how to use it..

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As long as the translators did all this in good faith and without any ill motives, then we may have to be experts to know for sure what the original manuscripts said.

The problem is they didn't, they did it with a purpose to destroy the divinity of Christ, to corrupt the core truths found in Gods Word, and to cause confusion and dissension which you can see in the direction the Jehovah Witnesses took when they changed and distorted what they use.

Upvote 0