Beware of demons.

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The question was addressed to anyone. Well, the reason I asked is because that passage shows that sickness/death can have supernatural causes. If it can have supernatural causes in that case, then it can have supernatural causes in other cases as well...

maybe 'supernatural' is not quite the correct word, because behind every evil thing is always some negative spirit, (a) manifestation of the "darkness" - there can be no evil without the presence of such (a) spirit, but they cannot enter into and settle down in the world without wicked spiritual workers/servants among the humans, who turn the faith into a harlot, great babylon, indeed, the system(kingdom) of sin is a system of human(666) religiosity/spirituality, spiritual unrighteousness/wickedness - the true God is a Spirit, and His Kingdom is Spiritual at its heart, the wicked one is also a spirit, and his kingdom is also spiritual at its core, and the spiritual is at the base of everything in the universe...

1 John 2:18-19 "Little children, it is the last time(also: it is a perilous time): and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come(i.e. because as you have heard the wicked one works so in the world that he can increase his power), even now are there many antichrists(i.e. even now there are many spiritual workers/servants of the "darkness"/unrighteousness); whereby we know that it is the last time(i.e. and this is one of the signs from which we can know (that) it is a perilous time). They went out from us(i.e. the unrighteous spiritual workers/servants became worshipers by making use of/using the great mercy and patience of God that manifests in/through us), but they were not of us(i.e. but they were partially with us); for if they had been of us(i.e. because if they had really/truly been with us), they would no doubt have continued with us(i.e. then they would undoubtedly have stayed with us (completely)): but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us(i.e. but they have contrasted with us, with which they demonstrated that they are actually not with us)."

Blessings

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PottersHands

Jan 4, 2017
Minnesota
✟24,320.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The RCC and the Pope are NOT the only show in town. Many protestant groups do deliverance as well.

I actually have a problem with the way the RCC does deliverance (exorcisms) because it leaves out the situational dynamic of discernment. How does the priest/exorcist KNOW that a demon is truly gone and not just hiding somewhere?

They're probably hiding in the Vatican waiting for some new evil to pop up like the Cardinal George Pell from Australia (number 3 in charge of the treasury) who is being accused in Australia of a lifetime of sexual abuse of boys.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
True, but you need to be aware of these things as a Christian; I know of people who consider themselves Christians who 'don't believe in the devil or demon possession'.

Believing is one thing. Going around in morbid fear is another.

Upvote 0