Orlando, Florida
✟45,021.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have already discussed my understanding of 'mental disorders' mostly being 'demon' inspired. Not going to go back and talk about it 'again'.

But I will point out that there are more people on 'mental medications' today than any time in history. We are a 'people' of 'mental disorders' today. Not going to quote statistics. Anyone that has an interest, a true interest, already knows what I'm talking about and that what I speak concerning 'numbers' is truth.

But what I want to focus on in this thread is: what about those that 'think' they are mentally competent but in truth are just 'hiding' their mental issues? Not everyone with mental issues are on medication. Not all with mental issues have sought any sort of 'help' from the medical community. So that means that there are 'many' with mental issues no one but themselves and those closest to them are aware of.

To me, it is utterly apparent that during the time of Christ, those possessed of 'evil spirits' or 'demons' were considered 'insane'. The man who's son fell into fire and water would certainly be considered 'insane' by today's standards of diagnosis. Yet the Bible tells us that the child was possessed of 'evil spirits'.

Legion was considered 'insane' as well. Yet we see that after Christ 'cast out the demons', they were seen talking together and Legion was by all accounts, perfectly 'normal'.

So what are 'mental disorders'? Are they really 'medical conditions' or merely foreign influence of one's 'mind'?

Over and over we hear the stories of the mother who says she was 'told by God' to kill her children in order to 'save them'. Not 'one' story. MANY. The legal system and medical community call these people 'delusional' and 'mentally ill'.

I won't deny the diagnosis. But the medical community continually insists that the 'mental disorders' suffered by these people are simply problems with their 'brains'. Is this 'really' the proper diagnosis?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, (or syndrome), as of late, has been extensively studied. The information obtained is 'showing' that those that suffer from this disorder have literal 'brain disorders'. That what they were exposed to due to the stress and shock they experienced have literally 'altered' their brains. Their brains when compared to each other show similar patterns of activity that do not exist in others who do not suffer from the syndrome.

This means that we can 'experience' things that can literally 'alter' the way our brains work. Not merely a 'mental condition', but a literal 'altering of the functioning of one's brain'.

Think about this: A person can simply 'experience' intense emotions and that experience has the potential to actually 'alter' the way their brain functions.

What if? What if demons, once one allows them to make a 'place' in their minds and hearts, have the potential, over time, to DO this very thing: Like PTSS, they can literally cause the 'altering' of one's 'brain'? As one 'relinquishes' their own control of their mind, hands it over to a 'demon or demons', those demons have the potential to actually 'alter' their minds and hearts?

We continually hear the stories of those that commit the most atrocious crimes that are almost identical. They start with, "I don't know what happened. It's like I snapped and 'lost control'. Or, 'It was like I was 'outside' my body and I was watching myself pull the trigger'.

Or course, law enforcement would shudder at the mere 'thought' that they may be telling the 'truth'. For if they are ''telling the truth'', they would be considered 'not responsible' for their own behavior. This could cause some major problems in attempting to 'try' them. For how does one find someone 'guilty' of something they have 'no control over'?

The medical community would NEVER consider what I'm offering for there is 'no money' in treating someone with 'demons' instead of insisting that their 'mental issues' are merely a matter of chemistry. Yet no amount of medicine ever 'cures' anyone. The medication merely interrupts electrical signals basically 'cutting off' certain brain functions. Once one 'stops' taking their medication, we often witness that their problems are worse than when they started taking medication.

So what if. What if 'demons' are able to literally alter 'brain chemistry' or 'brain function'? When we witness people that we call 'insane', they are merely under the influence of demons and demons that have the capacity, over time, to literally alter the functioning of the host's brain? Their 'minds' or their 'hearts'?

The Bible tells us that we need to remain continuously on guard against the 'wiles of the Devil'. I find it safe to assume that demons, being minions of the Devil, are merely one functioning 'part' of the 'wiles of the Devil'. That Satan 'uses' his demons to influence those that 'allow' them the opportunity.

And by 'allowing', it means that is through a lack of vigilance that one becomes 'infected', (possessed), by 'evil spirits', (demons), Only when one 'lets down their guard' is it possible to be 'possessed'. But once possessed, one 'must do' certain 'things' in order to rid themselves of these parasites. They 'don't just go away' of their own choice. Not until they have accomplished what they 'came for'. And that is the destruction of the 'host's soul'.

For we are warned that we need not fear those capable of taking our physical lives, but that which is able to destroy our very SOULS. So there is no doubt that our 'souls can be destroyed'. The Bible says so.

And how is one's soul destroyed? By doing something that they cannot forgive themselves for. For we are forgiven as we are able to forgive. And if one is incapable of forgiving, they they cannot be forgiven. That too is what the Bible says.

Many will disagree due to the 'teachings of their churches'. But the Bible states that if you DO NOT FORGIVE, you WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN. The most important part of the plan of Salvation is 'forgiveness'. You cannot practice true love without forgiveness. And you cannot receive Salvation without being able to 'love God and your neighbor'. Christ Himself stated that the 'most important commandment' is to 'love God' and the second is 'love your neighbor'. And He also stated that to 'love God' is to follow His commandments'. The most important 'act' of faith is 'love'. That means that 'saying' you believe means 'nothing'. it's what you DO that matters. What you 'do' that produces the 'fruit' of your faith. Saying you are a believer? Even Satan is a believer in Christ. He hates Him. The demons shudder at His name. Following is the ONLY fruit of the 'Spirit'. It's not what you 'say', that makes you a follower of God through Christ, it's what you "DO".

With these things in mind, what happens when one 'lets down their guard' that they have been instructed to 'keep up at all times'? They basically leave the front door WIDE open. Not only 'unlatched' or 'unlocked', but WIDE OPEN. May as well verbally 'invite them in'. And once in, they are like any other parasite: awful hard to get rid of. For they obviously NEED a host in order to 'survive' or to be 'satisfied' with their very existence.

I know, crazy right? Hmmmm...........If you call accepting what the Bible offers 'crazy'? Then indeed. According to the 'world around us'. Absolutely. But according to the Bible, nothing I have offered contradicts what it offers. In fact, what I have offered is much more Biblical than the idea that people are 'born crazy'.

And think about this: If demons are very difficult to get rid of, what happens if one doesn't even recognize their own demons? Or if society in general is not 'taught' to recognize them? But instead, is encouraged to believe something entirely 'different' than the 'truth'? Oh my. See where this is heading? How would one be 'able' to know what I'm offering if everything that exists in this world is PUSHING to hide it? Influencing all but God's very elect to ignore the 'truth' and follow that which is 'false'.?

Think about this too: Why are there 'so many different denominations'? What is the "INFLUENCE"? Certainly it isn't God influencing men to divide themselves into 'different denominations'. Especially when we can clearly see that many of these denominations are completely and utterly contrary to the 'truth'.

I'm going to let this be digested before continuing any furthers. And I'm sure I've offered enough to keep the skeptics coming for days. LOL.

Blessings,

MEC

CodyFaith

Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,564.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Didn't read the post as it's fairly long, however, am commenting because I want to comment on the title which says "beware of demons".

That's not the right attitude. Demons are to beware of Jesus, not Christians beware of demons.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Didn't read the post as it's fairly long, however, am commenting because I want to comment on the title which says "beware of demons".

That's not the right attitude. Demons are to beware of Jesus, not Christians beware of demons.

One man who had been paralyzed from the waist down was receiving bible studies and he became exasperated while studying about how Satan had the world in his power and finally asked if he could appeal to Satan to restore his health. I think it is a big mistake to place that much stress on Satan and his demons and their possible influence in a Christian's life. It can lead a person into paranoiac fear of anything and everything. God alone is to be shown respectful reverence. That is to say, a Christian should walk about secure in the knowledge that God has his back at all times.

1 John 4:4
New International Version
You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

John 12:31
Now judgment is upon this world; now the prince of this world will be cast out.

Romans 8:31
What then shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But how can we discern which is which? May I ask for a precise definition of demon?
Discernment can only come by revelation from the Holy Spirit.

I would caution you in the use of the term "possessed." It indicates ownership and is biblically inaccurate for most cases. The only instance in the NT of the Greek actually supporting "possession" is the slave girl in acts 16.

The bible has no direct definition of a demon so giving one more than what the bible says is pointless.

What we DO know is that:

They seek to inhabit a body, (meaning apparently they themselves do NOT have bodies).
They are under command of the devil,
Many can attach themselves to (or inhabit) a single person. (ref "Legion")
They have names descriptive of their function: divination, infirmity, deaf, etc.
They have some kind of "pecking order," thus giving rise to the "strong man" of Mark 3.
They can speak thru the person they are attached to.
They can cause physical symptoms and actions.

It requires the gift of discerning of spirits to truly understand what they are doing and how they are attached to every individual.

I would theorize that the many cases of "past lives" may actually be cases of demonic attachment where the unclean spirit puts memories of its own past inhabitations into the mind of the present host. It could also account for some cases of gender dysphoria.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have already discussed my understanding of 'mental disorders' mostly being 'demon' inspired. Not going to go back and talk about it 'again'.

But I will point out that there are more people on 'mental medications' today than any time in history. We are a 'people' of 'mental disorders' today. Not going to quote statistics. Anyone that has an interest, a true interest, already knows what I'm talking about and that what I speak concerning 'numbers' is truth.

But what I want to focus on in this thread is: what about those that 'think' they are mentally competent but in truth are just 'hiding' their mental issues? Not everyone with mental issues are on medication. Not all with mental issues have sought any sort of 'help' from the medical community. So that means that there are 'many' with mental issues no one but themselves and those closest to them are aware of.

To me, it is utterly apparent that during the time of Christ, those possessed of 'evil spirits' or 'demons' were considered 'insane'. The man who's son fell into fire and water would certainly be considered 'insane' by today's standards of diagnosis. Yet the Bible tells us that the child was possessed of 'evil spirits'.

Legion was considered 'insane' as well. Yet we see that after Christ 'cast out the demons', they were seen talking together and Legion was by all accounts, perfectly 'normal'.

So what are 'mental disorders'? Are they really 'medical conditions' or merely foreign influence of one's 'mind'?

Over and over we hear the stories of the mother who says she was 'told by God' to kill her children in order to 'save them'. Not 'one' story. MANY. The legal system and medical community call these people 'delusional' and 'mentally ill'.

I won't deny the diagnosis. But the medical community continually insists that the 'mental disorders' suffered by these people are simply problems with their 'brains'. Is this 'really' the proper diagnosis?

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, (or syndrome), as of late, has been extensively studied. The information obtained is 'showing' that those that suffer from this disorder have literal 'brain disorders'. That what they were exposed to due to the stress and shock they experienced have literally 'altered' their brains. Their brains when compared to each other show similar patterns of activity that do not exist in others who do not suffer from the syndrome.

This means that we can 'experience' things that can literally 'alter' the way our brains work. Not merely a 'mental condition', but a literal 'altering of the functioning of one's brain'.

Think about this: A person can simply 'experience' intense emotions and that experience has the potential to actually 'alter' the way their brain functions.

What if? What if demons, once one allows them to make a 'place' in their minds and hearts, have the potential, over time, to DO this very thing: Like PTSS, they can literally cause the 'altering' of one's 'brain'? As one 'relinquishes' their own control of their mind, hands it over to a 'demon or demons', those demons have the potential to actually 'alter' their minds and hearts?

We continually hear the stories of those that commit the most atrocious crimes that are almost identical. They start with, "I don't know what happened. It's like I snapped and 'lost control'. Or, 'It was like I was 'outside' my body and I was watching myself pull the trigger'.

Or course, law enforcement would shudder at the mere 'thought' that they may be telling the 'truth'. For if they are ''telling the truth'', they would be considered 'not responsible' for their own behavior. This could cause some major problems in attempting to 'try' them. For how does one find someone 'guilty' of something they have 'no control over'?

The medical community would NEVER consider what I'm offering for there is 'no money' in treating someone with 'demons' instead of insisting that their 'mental issues' are merely a matter of chemistry. Yet no amount of medicine ever 'cures' anyone. The medication merely interrupts electrical signals basically 'cutting off' certain brain functions. Once one 'stops' taking their medication, we often witness that their problems are worse than when they started taking medication.

So what if. What if 'demons' are able to literally alter 'brain chemistry' or 'brain function'? When we witness people that we call 'insane', they are merely under the influence of demons and demons that have the capacity, over time, to literally alter the functioning of the host's brain? Their 'minds' or their 'hearts'?

The Bible tells us that we need to remain continuously on guard against the 'wiles of the Devil'. I find it safe to assume that demons, being minions of the Devil, are merely one functioning 'part' of the 'wiles of the Devil'. That Satan 'uses' his demons to influence those that 'allow' them the opportunity.

And by 'allowing', it means that is through a lack of vigilance that one becomes 'infected', (possessed), by 'evil spirits', (demons), Only when one 'lets down their guard' is it possible to be 'possessed'. But once possessed, one 'must do' certain 'things' in order to rid themselves of these parasites. They 'don't just go away' of their own choice. Not until they have accomplished what they 'came for'. And that is the destruction of the 'host's soul'.

For we are warned that we need not fear those capable of taking our physical lives, but that which is able to destroy our very SOULS. So there is no doubt that our 'souls can be destroyed'. The Bible says so.

And how is one's soul destroyed? By doing something that they cannot forgive themselves for. For we are forgiven as we are able to forgive. And if one is incapable of forgiving, they they cannot be forgiven. That too is what the Bible says.

Many will disagree due to the 'teachings of their churches'. But the Bible states that if you DO NOT FORGIVE, you WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN. The most important part of the plan of Salvation is 'forgiveness'. You cannot practice true love without forgiveness. And you cannot receive Salvation without being able to 'love God and your neighbor'. Christ Himself stated that the 'most important commandment' is to 'love God' and the second is 'love your neighbor'. And He also stated that to 'love God' is to follow His commandments'. The most important 'act' of faith is 'love'. That means that 'saying' you believe means 'nothing'. it's what you DO that matters. What you 'do' that produces the 'fruit' of your faith. Saying you are a believer? Even Satan is a believer in Christ. He hates Him. The demons shudder at His name. Following is the ONLY fruit of the 'Spirit'. It's not what you 'say', that makes you a follower of God through Christ, it's what you "DO".

With these things in mind, what happens when one 'lets down their guard' that they have been instructed to 'keep up at all times'? They basically leave the front door WIDE open. Not only 'unlatched' or 'unlocked', but WIDE OPEN. May as well verbally 'invite them in'. And once in, they are like any other parasite: awful hard to get rid of. For they obviously NEED a host in order to 'survive' or to be 'satisfied' with their very existence.

I know, crazy right? Hmmmm...........If you call accepting what the Bible offers 'crazy'? Then indeed. According to the 'world around us'. Absolutely. But according to the Bible, nothing I have offered contradicts what it offers. In fact, what I have offered is much more Biblical than the idea that people are 'born crazy'.

And think about this: If demons are very difficult to get rid of, what happens if one doesn't even recognize their own demons? Or if society in general is not 'taught' to recognize them? But instead, is encouraged to believe something entirely 'different' than the 'truth'? Oh my. See where this is heading? How would one be 'able' to know what I'm offering if everything that exists in this world is PUSHING to hide it? Influencing all but God's very elect to ignore the 'truth' and follow that which is 'false'.?

Think about this too: Why are there 'so many different denominations'? What is the "INFLUENCE"? Certainly it isn't God influencing men to divide themselves into 'different denominations'. Especially when we can clearly see that many of these denominations are completely and utterly contrary to the 'truth'.

I'm going to let this be digested before continuing any furthers. And I'm sure I've offered enough to keep the skeptics coming for days. LOL.

Blessings,

MEC

Your post is of interest. I agree with some statements, but not on others. First, demons can influence born again believers, but not indwell in them. Christ's Holy Spirit resides in genuine followers of Jesus Christ. Yes demons can and do have influence on Christians. The temptations of Christ in those 40 days and nights are examples of how we are to respond on attacks, by those evil ones.

I will say right off the bat, you will be attacked and labeled that you are off your rocker, especially so by non- Christians and yes even some Christians. It all depends upon if one is a person who takes most of what the Bible says is literal. But even people like me do not have to totally agree with you.

For instance, you switched from your topic to different denominations. Certainly there are all kinds of groups that call them Christians that by a Biblical definition (as I understand what it means to be Christ follower) to be pretty mistaken. There are reasons for different denominations, and that's because some groups of people who call themselves Christians have widely different understandings of not only Scripture, but about Jesus, His birth, and His being God. So it is important that those who take the Bible literally be separated from those who see the Bible as having error's. That is just one example.

Having questioned why most Christians do not believe that demons are active and do exist today, I have witnessed much doubt from some in my own church. Most Christians are unaware of what, who and how demons do their evil deeds today. My wife and I have experienced being attacked while in ministry. Often when we are stifled and our plans have interference without any reasonable explanation, that is a good time for us to seriously ask Jesus to protect us and plead the Blood of the Lamb of God on our lives. This has happened when both of us have felt an evil presence in our home or while traveling or waking up in a fearful feeling
I believe that some of you reading this will know just what I mean.

Today we wonder why we Christians are being made fun of in the visible way we live. How we live should stand out much different than non believers. Our neighbors should see us driving to church Sundays and mid-week. Our traffic pattern of life should demonstrate that we are different. We should be the ones that helps when we see those in need, or need a hand up or out. Our language must be clean. Our mail person needs to see we do not get inappropriate content, or things that would bring shame to Jesus. We are to be the salt, light with our witness for Christ.

Do I think (SOME but not all) mental illness is possible either demon possession or influence? Yes I do. I believe drug abuse is one example of demons working hard to destroy the person and the people around that drug addicted person. Can Christians become addicted to drugs? Yes, and it takes not only prayer, but medical help as well.

I think a large number of those in doctors in Psychology and Psychiatry do very little to heal or cure any mental disorder. By giving medications to people with a spiritual problem, is actually counterproductive. For instance giving someone anti-anxiety, or sleeping medications to a person fearful of dying and death only masks the spiritual problem. All to often those who have been trained and well educated and have creditable Master or PHD levels of degrees in Pastoral Care are look down or made fun of by those in Psychology and or Psychiatry. But yet those in Ministry who are equipped to help people with problems, have better long term results than those in the mental health field.

In years gone by the Church often has people gifted in "Soul Care" as it was called. Those were people very well learned from Scriptures who had the gift of "healing" and did a lot of listening and loved those were lost and need the Lord Jesus. We look back and think this was so primitive, but many who are depressed need only to have someone listen and give healing verses from the Bible. That is Soul Care. Spending huge amounts of mental health may not always be of any benefit at all.

I am not saying medications are not helpful. A really good Pastoral Care Counselor has an established relationship with a Medical Doctor who can do testing to make sure blood test and the person is in good health. for example Blood sugars could be one reason for depression. If a counselor has not had a physician done a check up in some cases they might misdiagnose a persons problems. Checking a Counselors education and training as well as asking for references is important. Just as we do for a Medical doctor.

Doing Biblical study on demons, is a well worth the research time it takes, and just might open the eyes of doubters.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟25,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will share a couple stories I know that may help the definition of demon.

In 1970, the Toronto Society for Psychical Research conducted an experiment. They made up an imaginary person. At random (scientifically controlled random), they selected first name, last name, date of birth, city of residence, profession, family, number of children, etc. Then they conducted a seance to see if he would show up. He did. Regularly. And divided the society in half trying to explain and cope with the fact.

A few years ago I shared this story with an ex-witch I know who has long since accepted Jesus, and was in bible college at the time. She responded, "of course, witches make demons all the time".

There is a legend popular in the ancient (Christian era) world. Many people believe that the souls of nephilim (the evil guys who made the giants in Gen. 6) who died in the flood, became what we now call demons. I have even heard this go so far as to claim the reason for the Nazirite vow, and for Noah's drunkenness, is that the grape vine uniquely absorbs these demonic spirits from the earth. (Please don't think I believe any of this. I'm just trying to help with a definition here.)

If you look up the word "demon" (daimon is the Greek) in Liddell and Scott (the standard reference for the ancient Greek language), it says that it refers to the total of soul creative and intelligence processes. It was used by Greeks in the sense of the "the demon of Einstein produced the ideas that led to nuclear power."

I am of the opinion that the word demon means at least four or five different things in our society, depending on who you talk to. That was the reason for my initial question. I think this discussion will prove unfruitful, if we do not first resolve the issue of multiple meanings.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Discernment can only come by revelation from the Holy Spirit.

I would caution you in the use of the term "possessed." It indicates ownership and is biblically inaccurate for most cases. The only instance in the NT of the Greek actually supporting "possession" is the slave girl in acts 16.

The bible has no direct definition of a demon so giving one more than what the bible says is pointless.

What we DO know is that:

They seek to inhabit a body, (meaning apparently they themselves do NOT have bodies).
They are under command of the devil,
Many can attach themselves to (or inhabit) a single person. (ref "Legion")
They have names descriptive of their function: divination, infirmity, deaf, etc.
They have some kind of "pecking order," thus giving rise to the "strong man" of Mark 3.
They can speak thru the person they are attached to.
They can cause physical symptoms and actions.

It requires the gift of discerning of spirits to truly understand what they are doing and how they are attached to every individual.

I would theorize that the many cases of "past lives" may actually be cases of demonic attachment where the unclean spirit puts memories of its own past inhabitations into the mind of the present host. It could also account for some cases of gender dysphoria.

I think about the Spirit of Christ, Christ , and the Salvation process it seems every minute of the day for 30 years. I never think about satan or his children, something wrong with me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟25,275.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I think about the Spirit of Christ, Christ , and the Salvation process it seems every minute of the day for 30 years. I never think about satan or his children, something wrong with me?
Something is very right with you. Handling the demonic realm is a little like becoming a policeman and being given a gun. It takes a special call from God, and only a few are called to do it. [I am pleased this site comes equipped with rules against it here.]

Reactions: SarahsKnight
Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think about the Spirit of Christ, Christ , and the Salvation process it seems every minute of the day for 30 years. I never think about satan or his children, something wrong with me?[/QUOTE

Are you spiritually aware of what an attack from demons would look or fee like?

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Something is very right with you. Handling the demonic realm is a little like becoming a policeman and being given a gun. It takes a special call from God, and only a few are called to do it. [I am pleased this site comes equipped with rules against it here.]

I say i never think of demons , but i've worked one on one with possibly a thousand addicts and alcoholics.. When i was at my low point 30 years ago, a person grabbed me out of a meeting and worked the twelve steps of AA with me. He told me that the 12 steps used to be 6 steps, and were written on the catacomb walls as a format for exorcism. I've never been able to cooberate that. I had a text book born again experience strong enough to try and share it with many hundreds of others at there low points over the past 30 years.

My opinion is that those 6 steps if they really were on the catacomb walls , were just a format to enter into a relationship with Christ. Hence , with the right guidance , with a person, and the demon at their lowest point, one could make a decision to surrender there life and will over to God , and by them exercising their own will , God could come in evicting in a sense the demon possession.

In 30 years, i only knew that one person to do the steps the way he did.

Oh, and the 3rd step of AA. Its the same exact definition of the Greek word "pisteuo" that was mistranslated "believe, believer, and believing in our NT Bibles. Vines Greek dictionary : "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The word "believe" just doesn't communicate that message. Pisteuo is used 248 times.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I think 99 percent of demon possession is simply an act of Faith. In the Greek , theres no such thing as "belief", theres only "pisteuo" ,faithing towards God, and "Apisteuo" , faithing away from God. People simply get exactly what they surrender their life and will over too. Now , i know theres a small percentage of cases that make good theater , but the majority of society is possessed and doesn't even know it.

I know a couple of people who claimed they could go into the Spiritual relm. They talk about gates , keys, body duty, having swords and being in battles. I was never drawn to that , because i knew i had the Holy spirit and the Mind of Christ , and they didn't.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

In reality , if we are not "in Christ", were probably experiencing some kind of possession and don't realize it . theres no middle or neutral ground , except for the grafting period. Like the grafting of a black walnut sprig onto a white walnut stump. The most important part is the accual grafting period of the two together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Could you elaborate how the policeman works?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

If true, you are someone special.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not really. It is right. The only thing that might be missing is an alert attitude realizing this:

1 Peter 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

But as Ken B said - only a few are called and equipped to directly confront the works of the devil and his minions. We should all be alert; against burglers, muggers, rapists, terrorists, etc., but that only goes to the extent of minimizing our own vulnerability to their attacks. It is the same with the devil and his minions.

How to protect ourselves: We put on the full armor of God. We keep prayed up and read up in the bible. We stay in fellowship with our congregation and keep our primary relationships clear and holy.

Upvote 0

watchman 2

Sep 22, 2016
ohio
✟24,537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Not really. It is right. The only thing that might be missing is an alert attitude realizing this:

1 Peter 5:8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

But as Ken B said - only a few are called and equipped to directly confront the works of the devil and his minions. We should all be alert; against burglers, muggers, rapists, terrorists, etc., but that only goes to the extent of minimizing our own vulnerability to their attacks. It is the same with the devil and his minions.

How to protect ourselves: We put on the full armor of God. We keep prayed up and read up in the bible. We stay in fellowship with our congregation and keep our primary relationships clear and holy.

I can see the fruits of Satan and his minions , but i don't "believe" in them. What that means , is i don't faithe into them. I don't surrender any part of my life to them, just don't have the desire too.

I'm really blessed in having a Bible teachers Bible teacher. He spoke of satan alot. He's in the electrical devices when they dont work , everything that went wrong was satans fault. That may be true , i just think my Pastor gave him to much credit and acknowledgement. In my experience , i'm completely consumed by the Spirit of Christ and the Mind of Christ . I realize demons are every where and territorial , i just have no desire to know them.

Upvote 0