• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Best Protein Shake Ever!

alphacheese

If God brings u to it, He will bring u through it
Jun 7, 2007
Montana!
✟21,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've really been enjoying this shake recipe I've been making myself and I thought I'd share it.

A cup or two of your choice of milk
1.5 frozen bananas
1 banana
1/4 cup protein powder (1 scoop)
  • Now this might be the secret to my recipe. I use pure soy protein powder from the bulk foods store and the ingredients just lists soy protein but it smells really good so I don't know if I believe that
1/4 cup (1 scoop) Ultragen orange recovery formula
  • This stuff is pricey and I only ever use half of what they recommend. They really did their research in what the body needs to recover fast after a workout though. When I use this stuff I'm never sore the next day even after several days of not working out
  • A trick to buying it is purchase 12 full price protein bars at REI and that knocks 20% off the $45 Ultragen as well ;)

This recipe is so good I'll almost make it for myself even if I haven't gone to the gym. Enjoy!

alphacheese

If God brings u to it, He will bring u through it
Jun 7, 2007
Montana!
✟21,734.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a vegetarian is the simple answer. I usually use soy or almond milk as well. The detailed explanation is that animal proteins have been shown to have a negative effect on bone health as it causes for increased calcium loss. Animal products contain more carcinogens not to mention unless buying open range organic will be full of growth hormones and antibiotics. Casein, the predominant protein in milk, has also been linked to several degenerative diseases such as MS. Plant proteins used to be viewed as inferior to animal proteins in the past but that has since been overturned with new research and now plant proteins are considered superior. I won't stay on this soapbox all day but I am a biology student and dietary health has always been an interest of mine.

Upvote 0

Verticordious

Sep 4, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
✟8,768.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0