Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Bulldog said:
I feel like buying a rock, metal, or folk album that I've never heard of. :D

Any recommendations?

I'm about to release a record called : "I Hate The NME (And also Coldplay but that's a different hatred entirely. You see, I hate Coldplay because they have no original sound [They rip off Travis who themselves ripped off Radiohead] and yet they sell millions of albums because people don't know any better. I Hate the NME because it's just rubbish. You see? Different reasons entirely)"

It's a Jandek-esque folky-rock number.

Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
white_frog914 said:
I'm about to release a record called : "I Hate The NME (And also Coldplay but that's a different hatred entirely. You see, I hate Coldplay because they have no original sound [They rip off Travis who themselves ripped off Radiohead] and yet they sell millions of albums because people don't know any better. I Hate the NME because it's just rubbish. You see? Different reasons entirely)"

It's a Jandek-esque folky-rock number.

Okay... :D

What's "NME"?

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Probably anything by the Comsat Angels. Of course, considering I don't have any of their albums, I can't say that conclusively.

Love Hysteria by Peter Murphy and Vision Thing by The Sisters Of Mercy (Floodland is also recommended, but I'm not as keen on that one as I am on Vision Thing)

I have no clue if you've heard of those albums, but that's all I can think of, really, aside from pointing to Mortal's album Lusis or Laing's album Groove, both of which you'll have to try and track down used copies of since neither one is in print anymore (and Mortal's album is from 1991, Laing's is just a couple of years old).

Upvote 0

Bulldog

Don't Tread on Me
Jan 19, 2004
22 Acacia Avenue
✟8,212.00
Faith
Protestant
Politics
US-Libertarian
Qyöt27 said:
Probably anything by the Comsat Angels. Of course, considering I don't have any of their albums, I can't say that conclusively.

Love Hysteria by Peter Murphy and Vision Thing by The Sisters Of Mercy (Floodland is also recommended, but I'm not as keen on that one as I am on Vision Thing)

I have no clue if you've heard of those albums, but that's all I can think of, really, aside from pointing to Mortal's album Lusis or Laing's album Groove, both of which you'll have to try and track down used copies of since neither one is in print anymore (and Mortal's album is from 1991, Laing's is just a couple of years old).

Thanks. I haven't heard of them, but I'll look into them. My "music vision" is a bit limited, so Im trying to expand it.

Upvote 0

white_frog914

I love you but I'm still a liar
Oct 4, 2004
Kokomo, Indiana
Visit site
✟1,968.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Bulldog said:
Okay... :D

What's "NME"?

New Musical Express, they're the "indie" music mag over in Britain, have been for like...30 years or something.

Anyways, they're probably single-handedly responsible for launching the careers of The Libertines and shamelessly reporting Pete Doherty's every move. The first of those things is good and the second is bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Z500

i can see into your house
Apr 12, 2003
here
✟8,496.00
Faith
Atheist
<southern lord harlot>

Sunn O))) - Black1

you missed out on the limited 2 CD edition, but the 1 CD one is still out. there's a sample of the second track here: http://southern.com/southern/band/SUNNN/SNN50

it's drone doom, so it's different than every kind of metal you've ever heard before.

</southern lord harlot>

Upvote 0