Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.

I wondered if we can do with thread where we share our favorite talks. I think it could also function as, what's it called, a sticky thread? One of those that's highlighted in yellow and stays on top.

In any case, here's a few of my favorites:

This is the most powerful testimony I've ever heard. John Pridmore is a former member of the London Mafia, with an amazing conversion back to the Catholic Church:

Fr. Mike Schmitz gives an incredible Good Friday talk, going in detail of man from the beginning of Genesis as he discusses the importance of the Crucifix in our lives:

Here's a couple wonderful talks on modesty:

Here's the best 12 minutes of Biblical Catholic Apologetics I've ever heard, just based on the simple question of why we have a Pope:

Here's one I already had a thread for: All In--Powerful Talk

Finally, this is from Leah Darrow, giving a talk to a woman session at Steubenville about sex, marriage, sin, and so forth, using the unpleasant details of her own life along the way to accentuate the role of God's wonderful mercy. Please pray ardently for my friend Paige, who had a far deeper impact on my life than she'll ever know, and whose life story could really resonate with this talk. Her forgetting her own dignity to please guys who were awful is what brought out the best in me; she's the reason I try to be better, why I want to fight so hard to let girls know their inherent value, and it's through her that I came to understand what "dying to self" really means. She was so good, and the guys she was with were so awful, I had to find the best in myself as a response. I asked her out to Senior Prom, during a brief period of time when she was single (she had a long list of short relationships; I had liked her for awhile, but she had never been single). I knew she would say no, because I knew she would already have some other guy in mind (which is what happened). I just knew there was something bigger at play; I knew she had to know that someone good liked her. I can play up the distorted idea of humility, ignoring my own God-given goodness to look with sorrow on my sins, but I knew I was at least decent, and that's so much more than any of her exes had been. Watching this, I offered it up as my final, joyful prayer for her. Why I felt it was final & full of joy, I really can't explain, but I sincerely hope it's the Spirit telling me that Paige has finally found her way to God; join me in prayers for her to stay that way, or find her way there if she hasn't!
Leah Darrow - Women's Session - 2016 Steubenville Main Campus 3

There's also a talk out there from Chris Stefanick that I found in a CD in back of church, but couldn't find on YouTube. It's called "The New Sexual Revolution", and I guess there's a movie on Netflix about it, called "Liberated: The New Sexual Revolution". I don't have Netflix, but it sounds like something good to check out.

May God continue to bless us all, through good talks & great stories & even better prayers!:pray:

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Michie

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I knew I was forgetting one! This is another gem from Fr. Mike Schmitz, with the best explanation of transgenders that I've ever heard. It's intelligent & respectful, a combination that I think we all wish was a lot more prevalent.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
This is from Jeff Cavins, the man behind the amazing video series, The Bible Timeline. This talk is about suffering & its redemptive nature, and how truly embracing suffering with Christ is amazing. It starts slow, but at the 20-minute mark & beyond, it's awesome! I pray for all of us to truly embrace our gift of suffering (that will make more sense when you get to about the 50-minute mark):

• Informative
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Here is a set of talks from The Mary Foundation. All of these are available on free CDs or free download.

Free Catholic CDs from the Mary Foundation

Any non-Catholics watching this thread may be particularly interested in the last talk in the list, Knowing Jesus. That's a talk from a Catholic priest in an Evangelical church.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States