Berlin
✟73,165.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Countries with a population of more than 100,000 , that have high number of covid-19 related deaths per Million:
Belgium 1446
Peru 1,068
Spain 973
Italy 933
UK 868
North Macedonia 860
Argentina 858
Bosnia and Herzegovina 847 overlooked in first version
USA 835
etc.

Countries with a population of more than 1000,000 , that have low number of covid-19 related deaths per Million:
Cambodia, Laos, Eritrea, Mongolia, East Timor: no deaths at all (officially)
Turkmenistan was not on the list, either I did not guess the name used there, or it reported zero infections (like North Korea, and maybe other countries)
Burundi 0.08
Taiwan 0.3-
Tanzania 0.3+
Vietnam 0.4
Papua New Guinea 0.8
Thailand 0.9
etc.

Source: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Low number of cases may result in statistical errors, so I think it is unfair to include small countries. The limits of 100,000 or 1,000,000 are subjective, I did not perform any serious statistical test.

If we disregard countries where the state of the health system or the intervention by government (e.g. China, which reports 3 deaths per million) makes the figures questionable, the countries with the least death covid-19 cases per million are:
Taiwan 0.3
New Zealand 5
South Korea 10
Japan 17
Australia 35
Norway 61
Finland 72
Iceland 79
Estonia 92
etc.

This selection is subjective, of course, you may use the link above if you prefer another one.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pioneer3mm

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here now the cases increased a bit lately but the govermnet is keeping it under control for now thanks to God.

Basically since the very first case they did an investigation to know what contacts an infected person had and quarantined/tested all of them and so on.

Upvote 0

helmut

Nov 26, 2007
Berlin
✟73,165.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You should also include Singapore - only 5 deaths per million as well.
Singapore is rather authoritarian - how reliable are the official figures?

I dimly remember a scandal about migrant workers who had many infections, because they were neglected by the government ...

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Singapore is rather authoritarian - how reliable are the official figures?

I dimly remember a scandal about migrant workers who had many infections, because they were neglected by the government ...

Singapore has some of the best contact tracing and most reliable COVID figures world-wide. You can easily find daily figures, as well as lists of places those people had visited so people can get tested if they were nearby.

The infections among migrant workers happened mostly because a lot of them live in close quarters (similar to what you might find on an oil rig or mining camp) and thus it was an easy place for COVID to spread. And yes, there definitely was some "it's not us" attitude that led to the government not picking this up earlier in contrast to their response among the general population.

That said, those workers were given access to free healthcare and the government ruled that employers must continue to pay them even if they are in isolation and can't work.

Upvote 0