Besides Messianics and SDA's, who else respects the Sabbath these days?

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,314.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't see any problem with Messianics and love their Sabbath respect and Old Testament grounding/knowledge but I was wondering what other groups you've heard of that also have the same values? Are there any besides the SDA's? (Not a fan of Ellen at all.) Besides the obvious cults of course. I find it worrying that so many Christians ignore the word Sabbath when its mentioned so often all through the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. Also its clear that most Christians spend little time in the Old Testament. Maybe because it doesn't seem as relevant to today's issues or perhaps for other reasons. But when I look at the size of the OT vs the NT, it reminds me that I should probably spend the similar percentage of time as well in each. Maybe that was a subtle reminder from God for all of us.

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟382,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
There are quite a few denominations that keep seventh-day Sabbath.

Wikipedia: The sabbath is one of the defining characteristics of seventh-day denominations, including Seventh Day Baptists, Sabbatarian Adventists (Seventh-day Adventists, Davidian Seventh-day Adventists, Church of God (Seventh Day) conferences, etc), Sabbatarian Pentecostalists (True Jesus Church, Soldiers of the Cross Church, and others), Armstrongism (Church of God International (United States), House of Yahweh, Intercontinental Church of God, United Church of God, etc), modern day Hebrew Roots movement, the Seventh-Day Evangelist Church, among many others.

And that's not counting non-denominational Christians, as @Eftsoon pointed out.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,102,628.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I don't see any problem with Messianics and love their Sabbath respect and Old Testament grounding/knowledge but I was wondering what other groups you've heard of that also have the same values? Are there any besides the SDA's? (Not a fan of Ellen at all.) Besides the obvious cults of course. I find it worrying that so many Christians ignore the word Sabbath when its mentioned so often all through the Bible, both Old and New Testaments. Also its clear that most Christians spend little time in the Old Testament. Maybe because it doesn't seem as relevant to today's issues or perhaps for other reasons. But when I look at the size of the OT vs the NT, it reminds me that I should probably spend the similar percentage of time as well in each. Maybe that was a subtle reminder from God for all of us.

A Partial List of 7th Day Assemblies

Shabbat shalom!

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟382,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
I would like to see that count added to that thread; but I don't want to take credit for your work.

All I did was copy/paste the list into Notepad and look at the line number of the very last in the list. You're welcome to add it to your thread.

• Useful
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

atpollard

Jun 18, 2017
Florida
✟116,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
who else respects the Sabbath these days?

“Respect”?
My employer is closed on Saturday, so all 25 employees “respect” the Sabbath by not “working” on that day. We are not bound by the Rabbinical Traditions or the Ceremonial Law of Moses, so oxen in wells and how far we are permitted to walk is a non-issue. However, we refrain from our weekly “Labor” every Sabbath and gather together to remember our Lord’s death and resurrection on the Lord’s Day (Sunday).

(sorry if this was an inappropriate response for this Forum … no offense was intended, just an observation about “Honoring the Sabbath”.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Those who follow the Gospel of the Kingdom should... but it seems like there aren't many of us.
I believe all 10 Commandments and the Sabbath are eternal covenants, and so is the Covenant of Promise. What would you suggest regarding SDA reading material?

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,314.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those who follow the Gospel of the Kingdom should... but it seems like there aren't many of us.
I believe all 10 Commandments and the Sabbath are eternal covenants, and so is the Covenant of Promise. What would you suggest regarding SDA reading material?
Anything that isn't written by Ellen White? :)
Look, she means well but stated things that she had no idea even occurred and that's not right. We're not supposed to "make stuff up". And she does it a LOT. What I cannot fathom is why such a sensible group like the SDA associates with her writings. They even regard her as a prophet. Its as ludicrous as giving the term to Nostradamus. Both wrote so many general prophecies of course some came true. Anyone can do that if they write enough with everything very unspecific, vague generalities.
Of course its our "groups" that get us into trouble it seems. All we all need to do is get back to The Word. I feel believers would be better off the less we aligned ourselves to a group. I don't see any denominations in the Old or New Testament. Just people that were godly and ungodly. Believers and unbelievers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Welcome!

Here is a website that is packed with reading materials and videos…

Media Library | AFTV | Amazing Facts

It has a very comprehensive search function.

Is there something in particular you are looking for? I would be happy to give you some recommendations.

God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,314.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we're all quite aware of the SDA (Seventh Day Adventist) movement. I find Doug Bachelor a very clear thinker and find he analyzes Biblical passages very well. But as I said in the beginning this discussion is for groups outside Jewish Messianics and SDA's who most of us are very familiar with. The long list posted gives hope that others are realizing the blessing of following all 10 Commandments. Because it should be viewed not as a restriction of options, rather simply a better way of living with all the blessings of God that go along with aligning ourselves to His guidance. Who doesn't enjoy rest after all?

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Welcome!

Here is a website that is packed with reading materials and videos…

Media Library | AFTV | Amazing Facts

It has a very comprehensive search function.

Is there something in particular you are looking for? I would be happy to give you some recommendations.

God bless!

Thank you. First of all, I'm looking for SDA history. If they kept the Sabbath, did they still quote the second gospel? Or did they more or less agree with Galatians 2:7? I follow the Gospel of the Kingdom, and use that as my yardstick against which all things are measured. I'm almost a red-letter bible sort of person, except not much of the Revelation is in red. And neither are the Covenants of the Old Testament. I am a literalist.

All that being said, am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't want to muddy the waters in this forum section.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟481,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thank you. First of all, I'm looking for SDA history. If they kept the Sabbath, did they still quote the second gospel? Or did they more or less agree with Galatians 2:7? I follow the Gospel of the Kingdom, and use that as my yardstick against which all things are measured. I'm almost a red-letter bible sort of person, except not much of the Revelation is in red. And neither are the Covenants of the Old Testament. I am a literalist.

All that being said, am I barking up the wrong tree? I don't want to muddy the waters in this forum section.

Here’s a video about Seventh Day Adventist and has an overview of what we believe in.

Who Are the Seventh-Day Adventists? | Pastor Doug's Weekly Message | Amazing Facts

Upvote 0

Richard.20.12

Dec 13, 2020
Vancouver
✟39,314.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

AGODBELIEVERlove1stfaith2

SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND TRUTH - THE BIBLE IS TRUTH
Site Supporter
Jul 7, 2010
BERMUDA
Visit site
✟50,602.00
Country
Bermuda
Faith
Christian