Canada
✟56,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Any Berserk fans around here? I'm interested in what fellow Christians think of the series and for those who liked it, why they liked it. It's my favourite series because not only is it in a genre I love (medieval fantasy), it's abundant in interesting and deep themes, well written characters, and the art is amazing.

Dean Miller

Sep 8, 2020
Solano
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The Berserk anime 1997 series is one of my favorites. I want to read the manga.
It’s such a classic to me, because of the characters. Their relationships are so complex and layered. Reminds me, I wanted to watch a video I came across on youtube, supposedly the cast of characters is based on the mangaka’s circle of friends in highschool I think. So that’s something unexpected.

I didn’t like the eclipse scene, but I suppose you aren’t supposed to if you look at it from Gut’s perspective. It’s more of a personal issue than a writing issue. But the members of the band of hawk kind of allowed it to happen. Up until that moment Griffith was ready to give up his goal of becoming Femto, so it’s debatable who is the real cause of fulfilling the eclipse to happen. Pretty epic story. I don’t know what happens after though.

Upvote 0

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I started watching it. It's like A Song of Ice and Fire but only in animé/manga and twenty years earlier.

I got to the part where a certain prominent character accidentally kills a noble who is young in age. At that point I decided it does me no special good to have this kind of stuff be my entertainment.

Upvote 0

fatherforgivethem

He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Mar 16, 2021
Brazil
✟13,914.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's a really good manga and one of the greatest of all time, in a technical point of view. The approximately 100 first chapters are what makes Berserk really good, after that it's still good but it just falls a bit, like... it's not the same thing, but still really good, great and "above average".

Even though I read it and like it too much, I am just afraid of it being a wrong thing to God, just like many other manga/anime. But my personal thought and conclusion I have about this subject it is that it's just a complete fictional thing and since it doesn't hurt or make anything bad to me, it's okay and there is no problems at all. It's just entertainment/hobby.

By the way, abandonentropy, what is your profile picture about? What does it mean?

Upvote 0

abandonentropy

There is nothing new under the sun
Mar 9, 2016
Canada
✟56,629.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's a really good manga and one of the greatest of all time, in a technical point of view. The approximately 100 first chapters are what makes Berserk really good, after that it's still good but it just falls a bit, like... it's not the same thing, but still really good, great and "above average".

Even though I read it and like it too much, I am just afraid of it being a wrong thing to God, just like many other manga/anime. But my personal thought and conclusion I have about this subject it is that it's just a complete fictional thing and since it doesn't hurt or make anything bad to me, it's okay and there is no problems at all. It's just entertainment/hobby.

By the way, abandonentropy, what is your profile picture about? What does it mean?

It's artwork from The Divine Comedy by Dante. I made this profile when I was an edgy teenager so I basically chose it because it looked neat and haven't been bothered to change it since lol. By the way, I don't see a problem in liking Berserk. If it caused you to fall into sinful behaviour than I could see it not being good for you but as long as it doesn't I don't see the harm.

Upvote 0

fatherforgivethem

He will never leave you nor forsake you.
Mar 16, 2021
Brazil
✟13,914.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By the way, I don't see a problem in liking Berserk. If it caused you to fall into sinful behaviour than I could see it not being good for you but as long as it doesn't I don't see the harm.

Yeah, it never caused me to fall into sinful behaviour, that's just a thought/"rule" I have about movies/series/animes in general. If it don't harm me or lead me to bad things, it's ok.

Upvote 0