Bernie has no chance.

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
I wish I could compare myself with Charlie. He's an accomplished man, widely celebrated in his field, who has dedicated his life to educating our next generation, raised succesful children, is enjoying his 3rd decade of his one marriage and has saved incalculable lives through his selfless giving. It may be that one day I am worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as such a man and I am honored by the thought, but I fall short by every measure.

Yeah, Mikey, I'm sure he loves you too, but you've got to stop saying these things. First of all Charlie likely finds this embarrassing and a second, and more importantly,

no one cares and most don't believe it anyway.

Upvote 0

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
Given the mindless derision, the disrespectful behavior and the general dismissiveness you show his ideas thoughts and opinions is what fantasy world would Charlie allow you to know his real identity and give you access to his professional work ?

he has problems of his own he doesn't need a someone trolling his credentials, his ID and his professional contacts.

Not that you'd do that, I'm just saying he doesn't need it.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟146,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Given the mindless derision, the disrespectful behavior and the general dismissiveness you show his ideas thoughts and opinions is what fantasy world would Charlie allow you to know his real identity and give you access to his professional work ?

he has problems of his own he doesn't need a someone trolling his credentials, his ID and his professional contacts.

Not that you'd do that, I'm just saying he doesn't need it.
I saw you accidentally post this as Cos first lol. Tapatalk is cool because it shows the post in the notification bar as it originally was. Only when I click it does it show edits.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When you don't care you get sloppy

People would respect you more if you dropped the "I'm too cool to take any of this seriously" act and actually discussed things in an honest way.

Getting rid of your alts and apologizing for intentionally deceiving the forum would be a good start.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Are there people who were deceived by an obvious sock with a fun name? If deception was the intent, I suspect the name wouldn't have contained an obvious hint.

People - actually people, not internet people - respect Cos just fine, judging by the accolades he's earned. His honesty and apparent willingness to help others is precisely what I admire about him. He has also been repeatedly credited with personally saving the life of at least one OBOBer. I respect that.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Are there people who were deceived by an obvious sock with a fun name? If deception was the intent, I suspect the name wouldn't have contained an obvious hint.

People - actually people, not internet people - respect Cos just fine, judging by the accolades he's earned. His honesty and apparent willingness to help others is precisely what I admire about him. He has also been repeatedly credited with personally saving the life of at least one OBOBer. I respect that.

Your tendency to respond to any criticism of Charlie, no matter how slight, with a long list of his accomplishments outside of these forums is quite frankly bizarre.

How do you even know all of these things that you rattle off anyway?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
People would respect you more if you dropped the "I'm too cool to take any of this seriously" act and actually discussed things in an honest way.

Getting rid of your alts and apologizing for intentionally deceiving the forum would be a good start.

Hey, what happened to "kindest, warmest, bravest, coolest, hippest most happening, etc" guy you ever met ?

or was that sarcasm ?

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hey, what happened to "kindest, warmest, bravest, coolest, hippest most happening, etc" guy you ever met ?

or was that sarcasm ?

It's a line from the Manchurian Candidate.

The difference between me and you is that I am more than happy to explain that when asked.

Upvote 0

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
Your tendency to respond to any criticism of Charlie, no matter how slight, with a long list of his accomplishments outside of these forums is quite frankly bizarre.

May because Mikey IS a Charlie sock .

Yes, YES that's it HAhaHAhaHAhaHAHhaa..........

You decide.

(oh wait, no, let me think about his a minute Charlie, 2cos, sonicsmi...... no he's not one of mine)

Although likelihood is traffic on this board would drop 15% if they all stopped posting

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

I disagree that sticking up for good, accomplished human beings when people insult them without cause is bizarre. In fact, I think it a Christian duty.

I have my ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

You decide.

(oh wait, no, let me think about his a minute Charlie, 2cos, sonicsmi...... no he's not one of mine)

Although likelihood is traffic on this board would drop 15% if they all stopped posting

I never claimed that he was one of your alt. I've dealt with Mike on too many occasions to think that that could be the case. Your styles of speech as well as your tactics of debate are completely different.

I am just noting that his behavior is bizarre. In fact, it is significantly more bizarre since we know that he isn't an alt. Instead he is just someone who gives glowing reviews of your real world achievements at the slightest provocation, for reasons that none of us fully understand.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

You decide.

I was accused of being a Charlie sock once by a former Mod here who still posts because - get this - our avatars both had skulls in them. That was the compelling evidence for the ensuing witch hunt. Fortunately, there were posters who knew each of us personally who stomped that one out. Speaking of, there's another poster who adopted a skull avatar recently....

Upvote 0

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
It's a line from the Manchurian Candidate.

The difference between me and you is that I am more than happy to explain that when asked.

Oh, nice, that blew right by me (and that takes some doing)

On target, properly snide and just obscure enough a retro cool a reference to be really classy.

Honestly Moon, i didn't think you had it in you - that was pretty good. Excellent in fact.

Upvote 0

frenchdefense

Feb 25, 2009
✟18,286.00
Faith
Catholic
Charlie believes his own PR. While in reality he's just another hack like the rest of us.

The rush to defend his honour from the usual suspect is interesting to observe...:)

Honestly and from the bottom of my heart -

I don't actually believe any PR about me on any subject Mikey brings up and while I appropriate his feelings I wish he would bring this stuff up.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I disagree that sticking up for good, accomplished human beings when people insult them without cause is bizarre. In fact, I think it a Christian duty.

I will go on record and say that I think that I believe that in all probability every single member of OBOB is a good, accomplished human being. Some of them are jerks online, or are dishonest when they get into heated political discussions, but I'm sure that in person they are decent people who mean the best and who would be pleasant to be with. Since I have used sarcasm at times, including in this thread, I will make clear that I am being 100% sincere in these statements. I do not think that a single poster on OBOB is a bad person in their real life encounters.

You apparently don't think that, since it's only Charlie that you come to the rescue of, despite the fact that people are routinely insulted on OBOB.

EDIT: I should even note that despite our repeated disagreements, and my current annoyance with his overuse of alt accounts, I don't honestly feel much ill will toward Charlie. There are a few people who will get me upset when I read their posts, but he's generally not one of them, even though I agree with less than 5% of what he writes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0