Benny Hinn's Insights

VCViking

Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel...
Oct 21, 2006
United States
✟10,648.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
From The Berean Call

BENNY'S INSIGHTS

[TBC: Benny Hinn's "insights" have often been given without biblical support. Consequently, his revelations regarding angels and the eternal state of man continue this pattern.

The following excerpt of an interview of Hinn by Paul Crouch Sr. and Jr. is a word for word transcript of the May 3, 2010 TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network Offering Video Archives of Favorite <i>Praise The Lord</i> and <i>Behind The Scenes</i> ... ). Thanks to Christian Research service for the transcript.]

Benny Hinn: And angels to this day can decide to rebel against God.

Paul Crouch, Jr.: Even now.

Benny Hinn: Even now!

Paul Crouch, Jr.: That was one of the questions, "Do angels have free will?"

Benny Hinn: Yes, they have free will. That's why a third of them chose to not serve God....

Benny Hinn: And may I add, this is, uh, this is something that is gonna cause a lot of questions: Why is Jesus gonna pray for you forever? If you're in heaven why does He need to pray for you?

Paul Crouch, Sr.: He maketh intercession for the saints?

Benny Hinn: Forever!

Paul Crouch, Sr.: According to the will of God.

Benny Hinn: But forever. Why forever?

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Why?

Benny Hinn: To keep us obedient.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Cause?

Benny Hinn: We will have a free will in glory.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Whoa!

Paul Crouch, Jr.: And could change our mind.

Benny Hinn: Exactly.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Oh! Benny!

Paul Crouch, Jr.: Wow. Now that's heavy.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: I mean, I'm underwater right now.

Paul Crouch, Jr.: That's deep!

Benny Hinn: That is heavy! When you get to heaven, when you get to heaven, only His prayer will keep you there.

[TBC: Naturally enough, the Scriptures furnish another reason for why we shall "...ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17). "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:52). Hinn's insights directly imply that we will enter into heaven as unchanged humanity.]

sealacamp

Jun 26, 2008
Fairburn Georgia
✟2,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From The Berean Call

BENNY'S INSIGHTS

[TBC: Benny Hinn's "insights" have often been given without biblical support. Consequently, his revelations regarding angels and the eternal state of man continue this pattern.

The following excerpt of an interview of Hinn by Paul Crouch Sr. and Jr. is a word for word transcript of the May 3, 2010 TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network Offering Video Archives of Favorite <i>Praise The Lord</i> and <i>Behind The Scenes</i> ... ). Thanks to Christian Research service for the transcript.]

Benny Hinn: And angels to this day can decide to rebel against God.

Paul Crouch, Jr.: Even now.

Benny Hinn: Even now!

Paul Crouch, Jr.: That was one of the questions, "Do angels have free will?"

Benny Hinn: Yes, they have free will. That's why a third of them chose to not serve God....

Benny Hinn: And may I add, this is, uh, this is something that is gonna cause a lot of questions: Why is Jesus gonna pray for you forever? If you're in heaven why does He need to pray for you?

Paul Crouch, Sr.: He maketh intercession for the saints?

Benny Hinn: Forever!

Paul Crouch, Sr.: According to the will of God.

Benny Hinn: But forever. Why forever?

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Why?

Benny Hinn: To keep us obedient.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Cause?

Benny Hinn: We will have a free will in glory.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Whoa!

Paul Crouch, Jr.: And could change our mind.

Benny Hinn: Exactly.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: Oh! Benny!

Paul Crouch, Jr.: Wow. Now that's heavy.

Paul Crouch, Sr.: I mean, I'm underwater right now.

Paul Crouch, Jr.: That's deep!

Benny Hinn: That is heavy! When you get to heaven, when you get to heaven, only His prayer will keep you there.

[TBC: Naturally enough, the Scriptures furnish another reason for why we shall "...ever be with the Lord" (1 Thessalonians 4:17). "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:52). Hinn's insights directly imply that we will enter into heaven as unchanged humanity.]

Yes that would be the implication now wouldn't it. I recall reading in the word somewhere that those in heaven will be so overjoyed that they won't be concerned with anything else, or maybe I heard that in a sermon, I don't really remember. The point is once we are changed into creatures of spirit why would we still behave like creatures of flesh and blood? It doesn't seem to add up does it?

Sealacamp

Upvote 0

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
In general I believe Benny Hinn has created his own version of the Bible and loves to get attention on subjects where he has no idea what he's talking about. On the other hand I think God has used Benny Hinn to bring many to salvation and has healed many through his ministry. That is only because God loves the people even if they are being sold a bill of goods.:preach:

Upvote 0

Aimiel

Moved to A Site with Freedom of Speech
Aug 7, 2010
Ohio
Visit site
✟8,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hinn's insights directly imply that we will enter into heaven as unchanged humanity.]
Just because our bodies will be incorruptible doesn't mean we won't still have free will. I don't see any problem with what he said. Sounds like he's spot-on. We'll know God, since we will see Him Face-to-face, and we'll know that everything is exposed (there's no hiding even your very thoughts in Heaven) and know the fate of those who fall, but so did the angels, and yet a third of them fell. He's not going to make us into automatons. We will have to learn there, just like we learn here, we'll just have far more inputs, abilities and capacities. We will spend literally ages simply learning about what happened on earth:

Ephesians 2:7
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

We won't need grace in Heaven, but will teach us what He did, through grace, for every single soul. What it took to bring them into The Kingdom. What it took to keep them in His Stead. I've no doubt we'll start with Adam and Eve and work our way through every generation that has passed since then.

Upvote 0

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The point is you, or I, or Benny Hinn does not have the ability to understand heaven in this physcial state. We can make guesses, assumptions, throw out interesting ideas but unless God spelled out the details in His Word, it's just our own idea. That's the problem with Benny Hinn's ministry and many others like it. They "add" to what the Word of God says. They claim to have had face to face talks with Jesus and have been given information that the rest of us are not privy to.

Upvote 0

Aimiel

Aug 7, 2010
Ohio
Visit site
✟8,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No additional chapters or even verses are added to The Bible, and (more importantly) none are left out. The vision and resulting explanation are in line with God's Word, unless you see a violation that I don't. I've had similar experiences, and don't see that God's Spirit is giving me any 'private interpretation' of Scripture, but rather bringing light to Scriptures that have already been given.

Upvote 0

Aimiel

Aug 7, 2010
Ohio
Visit site
✟8,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
that's not Christian teaching.....

what Christianity has always taught is that if a person is in Heaven, they will be there forever, their free will has been 'set'..

it's the same with Angels... they CAN'T change their minds.
Because something is taught doesn't make it so. Where is it told to us that angels cannot change their mind? Aren't we going to judge the angels? I hardly see where that'd be necessary for robots.

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Because something is taught doesn't make it so. Where is it told to us that angels cannot change their mind? Aren't we going to judge the angels? I hardly see where that'd be necessary for robots.
this has always been the Christian teaching, from the early Church Fathers. I think that the early Church Fathers, who knew the Apostles, understood more about the faith than modern televangelists :) the teaching of the Church is also from the Holy Spirit, not only Scripture. It says so in the Bible, when it says to hold on to teachings that were given to us by word OR letter.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
What you've said, wasn't what I was taught, either by letter or by word. Men do not become robots, simply because they're in God's Presence any more than angels do. Just ask Ananias and Sapphira.

it's not that they become robots.. it's that once we have the beatific vision in Heaven, we won't ever want to sin or leave His presence. We'll be there forever. It's the same with the Angels. The Angels in Heaven will never want to leave God, as the demons in hell will never want to repent.

Once a soul goes to Heaven, it is perfected so it doesn't want to sin.. and since there are no demons in hell, it never gets tempted.... so it will stay with God forever. He will not lose those who He won with His own Blood.

the Angels had a choice to be with God or to rebel, and this was before they were admitted into the beatific vision. Once the make a choice, this choice is eternal, because they made it with full knowledge. This was taught by St Thomas Acquinas and others.

Upvote 0

desmalia

sounds like somebody's got a case of the mondays
Sep 29, 2006
Canada
Visit site
✟18,512.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Once a soul goes to Heaven, it is perfected so it doesn't want to sin..

That's really the key right there. So-called "freedom" to sin is actually enslavement to sin. True freedom is freedom from sin, that we may worship our Lord perfectly all the time without fail. Personally I look forward to that with eagerness!

Hinn very clearly bears all the marks of a false teacher. I know that's painful for those who have fallen for his lies to understand or accept. But it is vital to separate from such wolves.

Upvote 0

Aimiel

Aug 7, 2010
Ohio
Visit site
✟8,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
it's not that they become robots.. it's that once we have the beatific vision in Heaven, we won't ever want to sin or leave His presence.
I don't 'want' to sin, but I still do (at times). The 'beatific vison' is what, exactly? Do you have Scripture reference?
It's the same with the Angels. The Angels in Heaven will never want to leave God, as the demons in hell will never want to repent.
Were that the case, they wouldn't require judgment, would they?

1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?
Once a soul goes to Heaven, it is perfected so it doesn't want to sin.
Sorry, but angels were perfect and so was Adam. God allows sin, and isn't a puppetmaster. He causes those whom He washes in His Blood to become worthy, not robots.
...and since there are no demons in hell, it never gets tempted.... so it will stay with God forever.
Temptation doesn't necessarily originate with Satan, it is the work of our own heart.

Luke 22:40
And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation.

Jesus said:

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Obviously, there will be 'believers' who were un-regenerate or who fell from the faith.
He will not lose those who He won with His own Blood.
The Father has given Him the victory over the enemy, to whom Jesus will lose none of those who trust in Him, but He didn't say that there wouldn't be some that turn away from Him. Judas is a perfect example.
Once (they) make a choice, this choice is eternal, because they made it with full knowledge. This was taught by St Thomas Acquinas and others.
I believe that's right, full knowledge of God, and sinning anyway is un-forgiveable or un-pardonable. It goes for men, too, who've tasted the powers of the world to come, and then turned their back upon The Lord.

Hebrews 6:4-6
For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, if they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nope it doesn't add up. Sounds like a false teaching, doesn't it?

It definitely is.

1. No where in the bible tells us that.

2. The bible tells us that the devil will be destroyed and we will have immortal and INCORRUPTIBLE bodies.

If the devil is destroyed there will be no temptation to sin. And if we are given perfect bodies then we will not have a sinful nature.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First, being a creature of spirit does not preclude also being a creature of flesh and blood.

It is a common misconception that spirit is the opposite of physical. The state of our being will be like Jesus Christ. He had flesh and blood, but he was also spiritual as well.

When the bible constrasts spritual with 'natural' it doesn't mean spiritual vs physical.. rather the word natural is referring to the fallen nature.. what most call the soul. The main difference between the spiritual body and the natural body is what rules it, what drives it.
The spiritual body is ruled by the spirit. The natural body is ruled by the soul. But both are flesh and blood (ie physical).

As to the question of free will in heaven, among the redeemed or among angels... it simply doesn't matter.

We have the assurance of scripture that those who are redeemed will spend eternity in the presence of God. Any speculation about whether or not you can change your mind at that point is completely fruitless and pointless.

I see no reason to think that our free will is revoked (or that angels' free will has been). Rather it is simply a matter that we have made our choice. Once you have chosen to believe, and then seen your belief proven correct and received the reward, it beggers belief that anyone would then change their mind.

Never-the-less, speculation about this is utterly pointless first because it requires us to question the assurance of Scripture and the entire history of the faith, and second because there is no way we could possibly ever know the answer.

Upvote 0

Pete_Martinez

May 1, 2010
✟15,524.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I wonder how he would respond to...

Heb 10:8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
Heb 10:9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
Heb 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
Heb 10:11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
Heb 10:13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
Heb 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
Heb 10:15 Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
Heb 10:17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hinn was asked to present just one person who was authentically healed. He was asked to do that by "The Bible Answer Man", Hank Hannegraf, long ago. Hank is still waiting. Now..... I don't go along doctrinally with Hank, but I'm sure glad he cornered Hinn during a dinner engagement they had. Go, Hank!

:clap:

Upvote 0