Status
Not open for further replies.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Certainly Jesus is the Beloved to many who have come to follow and trust Him. There are tons of scriptures that glorify His beautiful "way of doing things" and His matchless Personhood. Some of my favorite scriptures about Christ are contained in the Song of Solomon. Yes, there will be some of this board that don't see this book as an allegory about Christ and His Church so this thread wouldn't be for you. But for those of us who see differently and others who are interested, the Song of Songs is a tresure trove of deep spiritiual beauty and riches. I would love to see a running commentary or medetations on the verses I've picked to discuss with interested participants sharing their thoughts.

I would start first with something I read that encouraged me to think about Jesus in a new and beautiful way. I can't remember the author but what they said basically was: when considering the Person of Christ let us begin in a humble position, at His feet in repentance...

Lord Jesus, please forgive us for hurting and offending Your pure loving and holy Heart. Help us to be sensitive to all the ways we disobey You and give us grace to follow You in joyful obediance. Amen!

Now here we are, you and I, kneeling at His feet gazing at the beautiful God-Man, Christ Jesus.

The passage I have chosen is Solomon of Solomon 5:10-16. Since we are beginning at His feet and gazing up at Him I would like to start with verse 16 and then work backward to the other verses.

The later half of verse 16: "O daughters of Jerusalem, this is my Beloved this is my Friend."

What does this verse mean to you?

Reactions: mjs4him

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
kisstheson said:
Certainly Jesus is the Beloved to many who have come to follow and trust Him. There are tons of scriptures that glorify His beautiful "way of doing things" and His matchless Personhood. Some of my favorite scriptures about Christ are contained in the Song of Solomon. Yes, there will be some of this board that don't see this book as an allegory about Christ and His Church so this thread wouldn't be for you. But for those of us who see differently and others who are interested, the Song of Songs is a tresure trove of deep spiritiual beauty and riches. I would love to see a running commentary or medetations on the verses I've picked to discuss with interested participants sharing their thoughts.

I would start first with something I read that encouraged me to think about Jesus in a new and beautiful way. I can't remember the author but what they said basically was: when considering the Person of Christ let us begin in a humble position, at His feet in repentance...

Lord Jesus, please forgive us for hurting and offending Your pure loving and holy Heart. Help us to be sensitive to all the ways we disobey You and give us grace to follow You in joyful obediance. Amen!

Now here we are, you and I, kneeling at His feet gazing at the beautiful God-Man, Christ Jesus.

The passage I have chosen is Solomon of Solomon 5:10-16. Since we are beginning at His feet and gazing up at Him I would like to start with verse 16 and then work backward to the other verses.

The later half of verse 16: "O daughters of Jerusalem, this is my Beloved this is my Friend."

I'm kneeling at His feet with you! Oh, let me tell you about my Friend! As a daughter of Jerusalem, I want all to know my Beloved, my Friend. And I want to tell you about Him in a way that allows you to see His beauty. I love Him! He is my beloved.

He loves me! He is my friend. And because He loves you, I can't help but love you too, for we are all daughters (or will be) through His love.

He is so special I want you to know that, to see that and to feel that through the special relationship I have with Him.

Psalms 92:15 (KJV) To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Colossians 1:15 (KJV) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

There is divine glory in my beloved, my friend, and our precious God has opened our eyes to discern this special divinity, for it is spiritual. My Beloved is beautiful in His heart and in His grace. And He shall glorify His saints. Oh, wow. All who believe can't help but admire this Beloved, who by His very love constrains us to live in His glory. How excellent is the love of my life!

He's my friend. He loves me.

Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.
I can't help but boast of His greatness with a holy boasting that glorifies Him.

Psalms 34:2 (KJV) My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

Let all that come to the Beloved sing of His excellent greatness and His glory.

1 Corinthians 1:31 (KJV) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

This passage to me sets forth God's intention for our hearts, setting forth the greatness of the satisfaction of loving and being loved by my Friend, and my Beloved.

May I enter into this kind of relationship with my Jesus, so completely that His love shines through me to draw His daughters of Zion to Him, and me to them. For His royal law begins with how He loves me, how I love Him, and how He leads me to love those He loves.

May I boldly sing of His greatness, yielding to Him because He's called me, He won me, He owns me.

Out of this Godly love flows everything else, including my direction to love my neighbor as myself. Love, the most important relationship . . .
Matthew 22:37-40 (KJV) 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Christ is the true briadegroom, and we the church, the daughters of Jerusalem, are his bride, as Paul lays out in Ephesians:

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

He goes on to describe the work of Christ for his church and then he says again:
Ephesians 5:32 (KJV) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Dear Lord,
As I kneel to kiss Your feet, give me the strength to focus on how much You love me and have done to me, to draw me to you, so that I can proclaim Your love in a way that glorifies You, honors You, and draws others into love with You.

Forgive my retiscence and hesitation to openly declare my love. Send me from Your feet in holy bold obedience to Your Word and Your Will, but let me return to refresh and renew my heart to serve You more. Let me be a right and loving example for You.

a Daughter of Zion, in loving service.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
EarthMomma said:
I'm kneeling at His feet with you! Oh, let me tell you about my Friend! As a daughter of Jerusalem, I want all to know my Beloved, my Friend. And I want to tell you about Him in a way that allows you to see His beauty. I love Him! He is my beloved.

He loves me! He is my friend. And because He loves you, I can't help but love you too, for we are all daughters (or will be) through His love.

He is so special I want you to know that, to see that and to feel that through the special relationship I have with Him.

Psalms 92:15 (KJV) To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Colossians 1:15 (KJV) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

There is divine glory in my beloved, my friend, and our precious God has opened our eyes to discern this special divinity, for it is spiritual. My Beloved is beautiful in His heart and in His grace. And He shall glorify His saints. Oh, wow. All who believe can't help but admire this Beloved, who by His very love constrains us to live in His glory. How excellent is the love of my life!

He's my friend. He loves me.

Proverbs 18:24 (KJV) A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

I can't help but boast of His greatness with a holy boasting that glorifies Him.

Psalms 34:2 (KJV) My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

Let all that come to the Beloved sing of His excellent greatness and His glory.

1 Corinthians 1:31 (KJV) That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

This passage to me sets forth God's intention for our hearts, setting forth the greatness of the satisfaction of loving and being loved by my Friend, and my Beloved.

May I enter into this kind of relationship with my Jesus, so completely that His love shines through me to draw His daughters of Zion to Him, and me to them. For His royal law begins with how He loves me, how I love Him, and how He leads me to love those He loves.

May I boldly sing of His greatness, yielding to Him because He's called me, He won me, He owns me.

Out of this Godly love flows everything else, including my direction to love my neighbor as myself. Love, the most important relationship . . .
Matthew 22:37-40 (KJV) 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Christ is the true briadegroom, and we the church, the daughters of Jerusalem, are his bride, as Paul lays out in Ephesians:

Ephesians 5:25 (KJV) Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

He goes on to describe the work of Christ for his church and then he says again:
Ephesians 5:32 (KJV) This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Dear Lord,
As I kneel to kiss Your feet, give me the strength to focus on how much You love me and have done to me, to draw me to you, so that I can proclaim Your love in a way that glorifies You, honors You, and draws others into love with You.

Forgive my retiscence and hesitation to openly declare my love. Send me from Your feet in holy bold obedience to Your Word and Your Will, but let me return to refresh and renew my heart to serve You more. Let me be a right and loving example for You.

a Daughter of Zion, in loving service.

This is GLORIOUS Earthmomma! There is so much beauty here. There has to be because we are talking about Jesus. I will share more later!:kiss:

Upvote 0

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I too have been experiencing an awakening that I never before imagined.

GrammasFaith said:
God is our friend, but He is also our Father. I'm having a new awakening of God as my Father, my Dad :). It is an experience I've never imagined before. I praise Him for it everyday.

God is so good to unite the member of His body (in spite of and perhaps because of our diversities) to feel and share His glory. I praise Him and thank Him for things He's shown me through this forum, and through Kisstheson, who is so kind to share her love of Him so boldly and openly.

Bless you Gramma, and all who come here to soak in His presence at His feet.

Love and peace,
EarthMomma (also a Gramma)

Upvote 0
Sep 6, 2005
Norway, near the sea
✟53,493.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Beloved sisters, this is such a BEAUTIFUL thread about The One that we love and adore, Jesus Christ, Son of man, Son of God, Lion of Judah, King of kings, Lord of lords, Yeshua HaMessiah, our Beloved. So beautiful indeed, and it is also about His passion for us. :amen:

Reactions: JamiArch
Upvote 0

Servant4Yeshuah

Nov 29, 2005
Seville, Spain
✟1,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
kisstheson said:

My beloved and my friend to me is the way Yeshuah has me understanding Him now. He is my Beloved Bridegroom and I love Him intensely and intimately, wanting to be one with Him forver....and He my Best Friend the one I can confide in and trust....Ah He is my All....

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Daughters of Jerusalem... I am encouraging you to consider why I love this Man Yeshua.

He is my Beloved. He is special to me. I have chosen Him as my Beloved. One who is beloved usually speaks of intimacy. He is dear and sweet. Yeshua is close. The more I know Him to more special He is. There are other aqaintances but among all I know, Yeshua is beloved.

He is also my Friend. I am happy to know Him as a Friend. He has proven Himself to be good and faithful. He is with me in good times and bad, through the ups and downs of life. He has seen me at my best and worse. He accepts me as I am and yet challenges me to accept chance. In every struggle He has supported me. He shares everything with me. He has never belittled me or critized me. I have only experienced kindness from His hands. He is completely honest. He doesn't "play games" with me. He tells it to me straight but the most beautiful loving words I have ever heard have been spoken to me by my Friend.

Daughters of Jerusalem! Let's rejoice in this One who is both Beloved and Friend!

Here's is the next part of verse 16: "He is altogether lovely." Anyone care to comment on what this verse means to them?

Upvote 0

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oh, I do so love Him! Words can never express the depth, though I feel compelled to speak of His love which lives in me.

kisstheson said:
Daughters of Jerusalem... I am encouraging you to consider why I love this Man Yeshua.

He is my Beloved. He is special to me. I have chosen Him as my Beloved. One who is beloved usually speaks of intimacy. He is dear and sweet. Yeshua is close. The more I know Him to more special He is. There are other aqaintances but among all I know, Yeshua is beloved.

He is also my Friend. I am happy to know Him as a Friend. He has proven Himself to be good and faithful. He is with me in good times and bad, through the ups and downs of life. He has seen me at my best and worse. He accepts me as I am and yet challenges me to accept chance. In every struggle He has supported me. He shares everything with me. He has never belittled me or critized me. I have only experienced kindness from His hands. He is completely honest. He doesn't "play games" with me. He tells it to me straight but the most beautiful loving words I have ever heard have been spoken to me by my Friend.

Daughters of Jerusalem! Let's rejoice in this One who is both Beloved and Friend!

Here's is the next part of verse 16: "He is altogether lovely." Anyone care to comment on what this verse means to them?

He is altogether lovely, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me! How can I not worship Him with every breath?

I am absolutely delighted with and desire every precious aspect of Him. He is absolute perfection, absolute beauty with no blemish nor spot of any kind, completely holy.

Ephesians 5:27 (KJV) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
To comprehend His lovely nature is only possible because of the love He has put in my heart. And every time I meditate upon how completely He is lovely, it awakens new and deeper feelings of love inside of me! There is no end to the glory of just how lovely He is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
"Altogether lovely..." What do these words mean to me?

When I gaze at my Beloved with the eyes of my soul, no matter what part of Him I see, He is beautiful. There is no blemish in Him. He is perfect in every way. Each part of Him compliments the other. He is the one who created the fair rose, the brilliant sunsets, pristine forests and high mountains. All creation's awesome beauty is but a pale reflection of Him.

I've been only speaking about His outer beauty which is adored by millions of angels and all the saints in Heaven. Now I'll address His nature and His ways. There is no flaw in Him. Everything He does is without flaw. There is perfect balance in Christ. Even His judgements are fair and just. He is far above all others. He alone deserves the praise and adoration of all creation. If I searched every inch of Jesus, both His outer and inner Person I'll find nothing but perfection. Jesus is most excellent, exceedingly lovely!

What do I think of my Beloved oh daughters of Jerusalem? Why He is altogether lovely! :kiss:

Upvote 0

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
kisstheson said:
"Altogether lovely..." What do these words mean to me?

When I gaze at my Beloved with the eyes of my soul, no matter what part of Him I see, He is beautiful. There is no blemish in Him. He is perfect in every way. Each part of Him compliments the other. He is the one who created the fair rose, the brilliant sunsets, pristine forests and high mountains. All creation's awesome beauty is but a pale reflection of Him.

I've been only speaking about His outer beauty which is adored by millions of angels and all the saints in Heaven. Now I'll address His nature and His ways. There is no flaw in Him. Everything He does is without flaw. There is perfect balance in Christ. Even His judgements are fair and just. He is far above all others. He alone deserves the praise and adoration of all creation. If I searched every inch of Jesus, both His outer and inner Person I'll find nothing but perfection. Jesus is most excellent, exceedingly lovely!

What do I think of my Beloved oh daughters of Jerusalem? Why He is altogether lovely! :kiss:

Oh, dear lady, thanks for sharing these beautiful words of adoration for our Beloved! The perfect balance and the way His parts are in perfect compliment is such an expression of pure love, isn't it?

Thanks for all you bring to us at this forum, the love of God is magnified through all you write.

Your sister in Christ, our Beloved,
EarthMomma

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
kisstheson said:
"His conversation is sweetness itself..." :kiss:

Anyone?

Song of Songs 5:16 (KJV) His mouth is most sweet: . . .
My beloved has the most beautiful voice, I could listen to Him forever, it has more melody than a heavenly choir, it truly soothes my soul. And His Words! Oh, His Words are exceedingly sweet, they are pure love, they enter my heart and are so satisfying, they meet my every need. Yes, His mouth is pure sweetness, and His conversation lures me into spiritual satisfaction.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
EarthMomma said:
Song of Songs 5:16 (KJV) His mouth is most sweet: . . .
My beloved has the most beautiful voice, I could listen to Him forever, it has more melody than a heavenly choir, it truly soothes my soul. And His Words! Oh, His Words are exceedingly sweet, they are pure love, they enter my heart and are so satisfying, they meet my every need. Yes, His mouth is pure sweetness, and His conversation lures me into spiritual satisfaction.

Now that's beautiful EarthMomma! Isn't it great magnifying Jesus? Just one aspect ~ His mouth, His words, and look at all the beauty that is presented there! Not only does the Bride say His mouth is sweet but it is most sweet. Immediately this scripture comes to mind, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You alone have the words of eternal Life."

When I think of sweetness I think of what brings a sigh to my lips. Roses on Valentines day. A special card from a friend, my favorite chocolates, a kind gesture form a stranger, endearing words from a "sweetheart..." You know, those things that just make us say, "Awwww...that was sooo sweet." The mouth of Jesus are all those things put together yet sweeter still does His words sound to the soul that loves Him. Whether He speaks in the commanding voice of the militant Christ or the still small voice of the Lover of our soul there is no other words that thrill as much as His!

Mary of Bethany sat at His feet listening. I'm sure she could say, "His mouth is most sweet.":kiss:

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Here's the next verse, Song of Solomon 5:18

"His appearance is as Lebanon, unrivaled as the cedars."

I am told that the cedars of Lebanon are very beautiful and majestic. I'm sure that's why the Bride chose that image to describe her Beloved.

But in light of the recent events in that part of Israel, Lebanon has become a rather ugly place marred by bombs and war, many people crying and in pain. I can easily say my Beloved is like the cedars of the contempary Lebanon. He was wounded and disfigured. His sufferings were unrivaled as His "appearance was marred beyond the sons of men." Certainly as He beholds all the pain because humanity refuses to embrace His salvation, His heart is torn with grief.

Therefore I will praise my Beloved because even in His longsuffering and patience He is beautiful as the Cedars of Lebanon. :kiss:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.