Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, friends! Thanks for the balm of encouragement and clarification in your recent posts. I was hurting . . . I won't go into detail about my thoughts because I also don't want to debate.

If our Jesus were not alive, we would not have him alive in us! We would not be able to love him, for, as Andrew says, it is his love for us, not ours for him, that makes all the difference. And it's true that he's here now and has never left us or forsaken us and never will. However, I also look forward to his physical return to the earth when he will make all things right and the longings of those poor we care so much about will be fulfilled. How much of this is dependant upon our own response to the Lord? I don't know, except that he said that the Good News would be proclaimed to all the earth before the end would come. That part at the very least is our responsibility. And how will people believe the Good News unless it is shared with love and generosity and signs and wonders? It's the world that sees Jesus as dead. They also see the Bible as dead and worthless. I know from the testimony of so many that when miracles touch people, many come to believe that would otherwise have no reason to that they knew of. My church ministers to people in Indonesia on a regular basis, most of them Muslim, raised all their lives in that religion. But when we bring the Holy Spirit to them, they are touched, delivered, healed of so many things, and droves are converting, in the face of severe persecution from their own families and other countrymen.

Let us all take care that none of us despise the Holy Spirit and His works, no matter how foolish His manifestations may sometimes seem. I believe it's better to err on the side of accepting something harmless that might not be of Him than of denying any of what He is really doing. But He has ways of convincing any He will, and I think that He will convince the sincere seeking heart. I'm not speaking just of people who don't believe in Jesus, but of all of us who at any time doubt what He is doing.

Lord, increase our faith. Let us not walk in fear, but in power, and in love, and in a sound mind. Amen!

Speaking of sound minds, I have A.D.D., and I praise the Lord that I do. Why? Because when I space out and forget what I was going to do, or when I can't find what I'm looking for, I call out to my Daddy in Heaven and He directs me. It helps me stay in close relationship with Him, and I'm gradually growing closer to Him. I am learning more and more to hear His voice and depend upon Him for everything. It doesn't seem to be a disability anymore but an asset.

Praise God that Jesus is risen! He is alive!

Bless everyone who has posted on this thread, including those who have misunderstood and criticized. Lord, draw us all infinitely close to you!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.