Status
Not open for further replies.

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Sounds like some beautiful stuff, dear sisters.

May all your dreams come true by Jesus' will. I have dreams too. I pray I may live out HIS dream for me.

The Lord Yeshua impressed upon my heart that His wounds and His cross are 'largely forgotten'. All I could say was 'Lord, I am SORRY!! :cry:" Let us never forget Him and His love!
04_eyes_thatshine_res_2400.jpg

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
shaza you have great attitude. you are steady and persistant. You dream WILL come to pass.

Monica Jesus has often so kindly impressed on my heart that I am beautiful to Him because I'm not actually a drop dead grogeous woman outwardly and guys don't turn their heads to look at me when walk by or go out of their way to hand me a bunch of flowers but Jesus DOES in so many ways.

Thanks for the vid.!

btw...gee...you ARE pretty!

Amy, that is very true about Jesus :) I think that is better than being a "drop dead gorgeous woman" outwardly because then you belong only to Him, and He sees the real beauty that will last.

The song speaks to me because when I went to school I was bullied for how I dressed, looked, etc, and it really hurt at the time, but ultimately it helped me to open up to God. I think that such things can be a blessing rather than a curse. Outward beauty is only a good thing if it glorifies God, not self. Too often, because of vanity, it glorifies self.. Also, I can see in my life, when I want to look a certain way or use makeup, it is for vain reasons. It's easy to forget we are made for God alone. I think St Gemma is a great example, she was actually very beautiful but didn't care about it at all, and never even wanted to look in the mirror. She didn't style her hair or use any makeup, and dressed simply. But people remarked about how her interior beauty always shone through. I'm also thinking of Mother Teresa, who didn't fit our stereotype of beauty but I think she was beautiful, in a deeper way. There was so much joy in her eyes when she spoke of God. I think that's what's important and I wish I had this. In the end, true beauty is in self forgetfulness and the joy found in God :)

I also think that each person is somehow beautiful. Even in appearance, there's something unique in everyone that makes them unique.

I'm thinking of the part in the 'Chronicles of Narnia' when Lucy looks in the magician's book and sees herself as very beautiful, and is tempted to say the spell... but when Aslan comes in the room and she smiles, she looks almost as beautiful as the picture in the book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A poem about me learning to cope with my depressive illness through faith in
Jesus.

True story!:thumbsup:

Forsaking The Pit.

As I climb over the rim, I clearly see,
Involuntary I shudder the sight in me,
Down without a bottom the pit below,
Yes this fiery hole within me on show!

Hear voices of darkness pressing hard on must.
Those 'speaking guilt, shame, unbelief, and distrust,
All together pushing, yes, pressing me deep,
Resisting my climb to the top so steep.

See those guilty feelings still tug my feet,
I can feel flames searing, my toes they meet!
Electrifying my soul, no mercy on show.
Why ever did I take this hell-hole in tow?

Above me the Light, Jesus, the Truth so high!
How long before I will meet up with Him in the sky?
He knows I will come after Him without a doubt,
As true nourishing goodness He is all about.

My bloodied fingers scraped by rock,
For how many years did they mock?
Those hard places within my very being,
Those fiery stones of my own seeing!

I climbed after the Light right above me,
The only truth that truly leaves me be,
Never will I stop seeking after The Light.
As Jesus Christ is my very soul's delight!

Soon the 'resting place' of my enemy,
Bottomless pit shall forever be!
For the ones without Love or Grace.
Those who with their lies made this place.

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
Amy, that is very true about Jesus :) I think that is better than being a "drop dead gorgeous woman" outwardly because then you belong only to Him, and He sees the real beauty that will last.

The song speaks to me because when I went to school I was bullied for how I dressed, looked, etc, and it really hurt at the time, but ultimately it helped me to open up to God. I think that such things can be a blessing rather than a curse. Outward beauty is only a good thing if it glorifies God, not self. Too often, because of vanity, it glorifies self.. Also, I can see in my life, when I want to look a certain way or use makeup, it is for vain reasons. It's easy to forget we are made for God alone. I think St Gemma is a great example, she was actually very beautiful but didn't care about it at all, and never even wanted to look in the mirror. She didn't style her hair or use any makeup, and dressed simply. But people remarked about how her interior beauty always shone through. I'm also thinking of Mother Teresa, who didn't fit our stereotype of beauty but I think she was beautiful, in a deeper way. There was so much joy in her eyes when she spoke of God. I think that's what's important and I wish I had this. In the end, true beauty is in self forgetfulness and the joy found in God :)

I also think that each person is somehow beautiful. Even in appearance, there's something unique in everyone that makes them unique.

I'm thinking of the part in the 'Chronicles of Narnia' when Lucy looks in the magician's book and sees herself as very beautiful, and is tempted to say the spell... but when Aslan comes in the room and she smiles, she looks almost as beautiful as the picture in the book.
Monica this is just excellent and I am blessed to hear about your journey into His love. Read the Song of Solomon chapter 2 and enjoy a yummy feast about what the Lord truly thinks of you. Yes when we consider these saintly people we have a lot to learn. Praise God we have Jesus to take us there!

Upvote 0

kisstheson

Contributor
Aug 6, 2005
✟14,639.00
Faith
Christian
A poem about me learning to cope with my depressive illness through faith in
Jesus.

True story!:thumbsup:

Forsaking The Pit.

As I climb over the rim, I clearly see,
Involuntary I shudder the sight in me,
Down without a bottom the pit below,
Yes this fiery hole within me on show!

Hear voices of darkness pressing hard on must.
Those 'speaking guilt, shame, unbelief, and distrust,
All together pushing, yes, pressing me deep,
Resisting my climb to the top so steep.

See those guilty feelings still tug my feet,
I can feel flames searing, my toes they meet!
Electrifying my soul, no mercy on show.
Why ever did I take this hell-hole in tow?

Above me the Light, Jesus, the Truth so high!
How long before I will meet up with Him in the sky?
He knows I will come after Him without a doubt,
As true nourishing goodness He is all about.

My bloodied fingers scraped by rock,
For how many years did they mock?
Those hard places within my very being,
Those fiery stones of my own seeing!

I climbed after the Light right above me,
The only truth that truly leaves me be,
Never will I stop seeking after The Light.
As Jesus Christ is my very soul's delight!

Soon the 'resting place' of my enemy,
Bottomless pit shall forever be!
For the ones without Love or Grace.
Those who with their lies made this place.

This brought tears to me eyes. wonderful as always.

Your poem brought this picture to mind. I couldn't find a quality print. Maybe later I'll find a clearer image of the painting but in the original Jesus is wearing a crown of thorns, there are also thorns caught on Hie robe and the crucifixion wound show vividly in His hand.

Our compassionate Jesus...

parablejesus_lost_sheep.jpg

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Monica this is just excellent and I am blessed to hear about your journey into His love. Read the Song of Solomon chapter 2 and enjoy a yummy feast about what the Lord truly thinks of you. Yes when we consider these saintly people we have a lot to learn. Praise God we have Jesus to take us there!

:hug:

This brought tears to me eyes. wonderful as always.

Your poem brought this picture to mind. I couldn't find a quality print. Maybe later I'll find a clearer image of the painting but in the original Jesus is wearing a crown of thorns, there are also thorns caught on Hie robe and the crucifixion wound show vividly in His hand.

Our compassionate Jesus...

parablejesus_lost_sheep.jpg

wow I love that picture!

Loving everything here! Monica, what you said is very true. I learned from the Catholic group here at school that all we do is for Jesus; nothing is for us.

I think that's a big part of dying to self :) putting His will first..

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is one of my oldest surviving poems - I burned years of poems in a depressive psychotic fit :doh::doh::doh:- but this one I had sent to a friend of mine, and he send it back so I got it again.:)

I wrote this after I met Jesus for the first time and understood True Life is indescribable as His volume at any given time - and that only glimmers of what is experienced of all that is truly present - can ever be translated into words or images and be re-told.

See what you think.

To The Speakers Of Words.

Whatever do you mean using words again?

Is vocabulary not a little plain?
Words synchronising souls as one?
Can such a feat truly be done?
For I cannot with words relay,
Why I am myself this way.

Be events either good or bad,

be our interaction sad or glad.
Consider, good times offers happy faces,
still the words spoken are just reflecting traces,
of the togetherness that's found,
for joy, cannot, by words, be bound!

Bear in mind that laughter resists spelling,

even as tears wail words of wrong telling.
Watch jealousy offer red hot treason,
just as rage defies all spoken reason.
so hateful thoughts inside our heart do burn,
while its miseries for God's goodness yearn.

Could our reality be fully articulated?

Present tense offering more than has been explicated?
Truer then the written pages used to announce?
A whole lot more than anyone could ever pronounce?
For events increase what in your heart and mind will stay,
telling so much more than you can read or I can say!

Or can your tongue genuinely translate..,

..what feelings twine through your thoughts of late?
Surely life within, words can only address?
So often creating an existential mess!
Moreover what about these spirits so sly,
evil thoughts weaving words into a lie?

Please know the heart so you can see,

that words hide much sin and misery.
Even the Bible, The Loving Word of the Lord,
requires the Spirit to cut like a flaming sword.
Albeit The Truth needs no letters to explain Himself,
nor any accusers after His mistakes to delve.

See how compassion heeds love with much regard,

understand that hope restores a faltering heart.
Observe determination reach out at a distant goal,
and experience true thankfulness gladdening your soul.
Feel the joy which lights-up a most sombre face,
and live beneath the umbrella of God's Grace.

Please know that trust has no boundaries nor fear,

even as in love many are as one so near.
So truthfulness is also a gift of yore,
our very existence has in such its core.
Oh such truth with mere words I can never explain,
as ink on a diamond will always look a stain!

So merely pen and paper paraphrasing what would be?

Words illustrating the breath of spirituality?
Or does our language hinder His salvation?
The lack of phrases chaining contemplation?
Therefore linguistics cannot always stand,
as even Scripture's words come to an end.

Rather the truth your heart accumulates,

will determine what final fate awaits.
When in word or letter you've made a stand,
The Lord will such results from you demand.
Yet if the Spirit of Loving Truth shapes your reality,
judgement day will bring joy instead of anxiety.

Upvote 0

MyLordIsMyLife

Loving my Heavenly Family
Aug 21, 2007
with my Lord and my Lady, most beautiful.
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
this is very beautiful and true, Gerry. There are no words to truly describe what we feel, especially love, specifically our love for our Jesus.

Lord, You are love and life, and because You have overwhelmed me with love, I adore You now and forevermore. Jesus All-Beautiful, I need and love You, I worship You, I am nothing without You. Stay by me, keep me near to You, joined to You, make my heart one with Your Heart, and let us love one another...You love me always; still, let me love You.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just found out about our loss of Amy. I'm not waxing eloquent right now. I see she posted on the day she passed away, but I have no information of what caused her to leave us. Amy...I will miss you for a long time. I hope you will be in my dreams until we meet at Jesus' side.

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Robin,
she had a heart problem that she recently found out could cause her to pass away at any time without notice. She was not at all afraid of that and I believe she went to Him instantly, never knowing what had happened.
That was what she wished for I know.

She has gone on before us..... I know she's so happy now words cannot say. I am certain she would be wanting us to know how soon we will be there too, and we do not grieve as those who have no hope.

I am crying tears of sadness and loss and sometimes joy for what she is now dwelling in. Can you imagine? Somehow, knowing she is living what we all believe is making me feel so bold.....I want to share the truth of HIM with everyone with no fear at all. Truly life is short compared to eternity. Hallelujah.

Praise to His Name forever and ever. We love You so, Yeshua...please give Amy a kiss for us.

Upvote 0

MyLordIsMyLife

Loving my Heavenly Family
Aug 21, 2007
with my Lord and my Lady, most beautiful.
Visit site
✟10,508.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Amen to what you said, Amylisa. I know our beloved sister is happy and I praise Yeshua for her joy. Still this is my first loss of someone close. It's hard to deal with because I'll miss her so much but at the same time Jesus in His infinite sweetness is helping me, is helping all of us.

Dearest Amy, stay with us in spirit. We love you.

Upvote 0

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you so much for that information, AmyLisa. For some reason, knowing the How of it brings me some sense of closure. Next I need to find out what is going to go on about her printed book. I have a spot on my website where people can order them from her, and I need to change that, but I hope people can still order her books somehow. Who is handling that? Is there anything I can do to help?

Upvote 0

RobinLayne

Sep 7, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟9,220.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Feeling sad...want to connect with you guys and can't. Even though two of my friends are in the living room watching a movie, I prefer to be at the computer. Please come back here soon, brothers and sisters! (If nothing else, to direct me to another thread where we can share and remember Amy, and celebrate JESUS!)

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Feeling sad...want to connect with you guys and can't. Even though two of my friends are in the living room watching a movie, I prefer to be at the computer. Please come back here soon, brothers and sisters! (If nothing else, to direct me to another thread where we can share and remember Amy, and celebrate JESUS!)

Hi there lets just celebrate Jesus sister for Amy would want that. She loved our Lord a lot and now she is Resting in His bossom, such is not to be mourned but rejoiced in. Though I will miss her. Her last words to me were encouraging, sympathetic and comforting - testifying she knew Jesus well truly she is with The Living and not the dead.

Amy loved this song. Please with it lets celebrate Amy's deliverance and our Lord's gain.

YouTube - O THE DEEP, DEEP LOVE OF JESUS - Selah

Upvote 0

GigageiTsula

Legend
Oct 8, 2007
✟80,267.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I have started threads for her in the OBOB, in the Prayer forum, and in a couple of other forums that I frequent. I also told an Administrator, in case the staff weren't aware of her passing. There is also a thread dedicated to her memory here in Deeper Fellowship (in case you were not aware of it).

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have started threads for her in the OBOB, in the Prayer forum, and in a couple of other forums that I frequent. I also told an Administrator, in case the staff weren't aware of her passing. There is also a thread dedicated to her memory here in Deeper Fellowship (in case you were not aware of it).

Oh Ani, that's great, thank you so much.

Robin, Shulamite also started one here on Deeper Fellowship, "Kiss The Son."

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen to what you said, Amylisa. I know our beloved sister is happy and I praise Yeshua for her joy. Still this is my first loss of someone close. It's hard to deal with because I'll miss her so much but at the same time Jesus in His infinite sweetness is helping me, is helping all of us.

Dearest Amy, stay with us in spirit. We love you.

Jonathan, I know Amy would be so moved by your feelings about her.
I understand how you feel, believe me. JOY yet lots of tears. My husband walked in to find me sobbing more than once these past 2 days. Yeshua will help us. It is so hard, I have never lost someone I was so close to either. I keep thinking I wish I could tell her something then I remember she's not here. But I ask Yeshua to please tell her we love her. We WILL see her again soon. I really believe His coming is so close.....Amen. The Spirit and the Bride say COME, beloved Lord Jesus!!!

Upvote 0

Amylisa

Yeshua's love is my life
Mar 29, 2006
Visit site
✟23,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I feel the same way. This is the only place I feel people understand this loss.

I find myself a little angry this morning...I sent an email to a bunch of people sharing about Amy and the last lovely piece of art she made....and hardly anyone even responded. I'm like, "Gee people, I just lost my best friend!!" But over the holiday weekend I am sure a lot of folks just have not been online.
I think I went through all the stages of grief in one day yesterday.
Woke up feeling disbelief that she's really gone. Then I was sobbing....then in the afternoon I was feeling angry. Not angry at her or at God, but just angry cause....I DO NOT like this situation. By the end of the day I felt more at peace about all this.

This will probably be a cycle for a while...

I know I have seen in my own life how often the death of a person can set a whole bunch of things in motion. It's like a rock dropped into the water, the ripples keep going out. In ALL THINGS Yeshua's hand is working.

He is near to the broken hearted. Thank You Beloved Jesus that You are near to us. Please help us, we love You and we love our friend Amy.

Reactions: CindyisHis
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.