Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified." Hebrews 10:14. We have eternal life now, because we are in Christ. We are no longer sinners by nature, but righteous holy ones through Christ. Do you believe Eph 2:3-6? It says we WERE by nature children of wrath, but God, even when we WERE dead in our sins made us alive together with Christ, and raised us up with Him in the heavenlies. We WERE children of wrath. But now, through faith we ARE children of God. We can't be both. "Beloved, now we are children of God...1John 3:2 We are either in Adam or in Christ. We are either a child of wrath or a child of God NOW.

As far as our spiritual standing yes.
Physically, in this life, we don't experience fewer colds or even less pimples.

I will be the first to admit.....you are not perfect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There are no sins that are not grievous sins.

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Not true. 1 John 5:17 says there is a sin NOT unto death,

"All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin NOT unto death."
(1 John 5:17).

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not true. 1 John 5:17 says there is a sin NOT unto death,

"All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin NOT unto death."
(1 John 5:17).

Sure. Any sin where one asks for forgiveness. Any sin done by somebody who has accepted the blood of Jesus as adequate payment. Any sin done by a believer who trusts God for forgiveness does not lead to death. Even unasked and unremembered sin from the day before or one next week. And the sins that continue until you stop breathing.

The only physical perfection is on the new earth.

1 John 1
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalm 103
12 As far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

Romans 3
23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,

Matthew 12
31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

Isaiah 65
17 “For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth, and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind. But be glad and rejoice forever in that which I create; for behold, I create Jerusalem to be a joy, and her people to be a gladness. I will rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in my people; no more shall be heard in it the sound of weeping and the cry of distress. No more shall there be in it an infant who lives but a few days, or an old man who does not fill out his days, for the young man shall die a hundred years old, and the sinner a hundred years old shall be accursed. They shall build houses and inhabit them; they shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You can't pull one verse out of context and say Paul is referring to believers, because in context he absolutely is not. You are not reading Romans 6:16 in context, and acknowledging what verses 17-18 are saying, let alone the whole chapter. I have nothing else to say if that is how you interpret scripture. You will never come to truth that way.
I've explained (in post #54) Paul's purpose in writing Romans 6.
If you cannot believe the Truth ... sorry, there's nothing I can do to help you.

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As far as our spiritual standing yes.
Physically, in this life, we don't experience fewer colds or even less pimples.

I will be the first to admit.....you are not perfect.

Our bodies have not been redeemed, nor does Christ's sacrifice promise physical healing in this life. We are still in this unredeemed world, with Satan and the power of sin. My behavior is not always perfect, my mind is being renewed and I am growing in Christ until I die, but I am perfect in the new creation in Christ. My spirit has been joined to Him. That is all over the new testament. That is why Jesus could say He who believes in me will never die. That new creation is never going to die and that is who I am in Christ. Its not just a standing, or something on my account in heaven. I have been made right now the righteousness of Christ.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Our bodies have not been redeemed, nor does Christ's sacrifice promise physical healing in this life. We are still in this unredeemed world, with Satan and the power of sin. My behavior is not always perfect, my mind is being renewed and I am growing in Christ until I die, but I am perfect in the new creation in Christ. My spirit has been joined to Him. That is all over the new testament. That is why Jesus could say He who believes in me will never die. That new creation is never going to die and that is who I am in Christ. Its not just a standing, or something on my account in heaven. I have been made right now the righteousness of Christ.

My view of you is far more humble. I only have the local view you, a person saying things. To get agreement, you need to trust God on that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The unredeemed body still awaits glorification and adoption.

Yes, our bodies are still awaiting glorification, and adoption, but we are already adopted as a new creation, in our spirit. We are right now children of God if you have been born again.

"But when the time had fully come, God sent His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive our adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, you are also an heir through God". Gal 4:4-6

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My view of you is far more humble. I only have the local view of a person saying things. To get agreement, you need to trust God on that.

My view of myself is what God says He has made me in Christ, no more, no less, and its all because of Christ's sacrifice. I have done nothing but believe and trust in what God says is true. But to say less of myself than what God says is to call Him a liar and to denegrate what Christ accomplished on the cross. Its His workmanship. Everything I am saying is in the new testament writings. You cannot see my heart, nor can I see yours. But the word can testify to whether what I am saying is true about what happens when we are placed in Christ. Judge what I say about the new creation, according to the epistles that speak about the new creation, who we are in Christ. Don't try and judge if I am actually one. I am not judging you, but I am comparing your words to what I see in scripture.

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've explained (in post #54) Paul's purpose in writing Romans 6.
If you cannot believe the Truth ... sorry, there's nothing I can do to help you.

I already answered post 54. I have nothing else to say either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My view of myself is what God says He has made me in Christ, no more, no less, and its all because of Christ's sacrifice. I have done nothing but believe and trust in what God says is true. But to say less of myself than what God says is to call Him a liar and to denegrate what Christ accomplished on the cross. Its His workmanship. Everything I am saying is in the new testament writings. You cannot see my heart, nor can I see yours. But the word can testify to whether what I am saying is true about what happens when we are placed in Christ. Judge what I say about the new creation, according to the epistles that speak about the new creation, who we are in Christ. Don't try and judge if I am actually one. I am not judging you, but I am comparing your words to what I see in scripture.

I don't believe the epistles are for today's church.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But the word can testify to whether what I am saying is true about what happens when we are placed in Christ. Judge what I say about the new creation, according to the epistles that speak about the new creation, who we are in Christ. Don't try and judge if I am actually one. I am not judging you, but I am comparing your words to what I see in scripture.
Many (most?) posters, and most readers/visitors (who never post), reject Scripture.
Often, they admit this.
Other times, their posts or their words or their lives show this , clearly.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus says that anyone who rejects God's Word has already rejected God.

I didn't say I rejected any words. I don't live in Corinth so the letter is not written to me. I suggest you were not the intended reader as well. Job was not writing to me either.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I didn't say I rejected any words. I don't live in Corinth so the letter is not written to me. I suggest you were not the intended reader as well. Job was not writing to me either.
All I have read and seen of your posts for many years indicate clearly that Scripture is true and right, and that you don't accept Scripture, nor Jesus, nor Jesus' messengers today or ever.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BCsenior

Still an evangelist
Aug 31, 2017
British Columbia
✟72,426.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Many (most?) posters, and most readers/visitors (who never post), reject Scripture.
Often, they admit this.
Yes, I guess this is the key to understanding most people on Christian forums (in general).
They desperately want to ...
-- believe in easy-grace, hyper-grace, easy-believism, etc.
-- avoid any accountability or responsibility
-- reject God's call on their lives to co-operate with the Holy Spirit
-- live their lives the way they want, not the way God insists they live
etc.

Upvote 0

Pepper77

By grace through faith
Aug 1, 2014
Venice FL
✟28,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Often, they admit this.

Sad, but I think you are, to a large degree right. And we are on a Christian forum.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, I guess this is the key to understanding most people on Christian forums (in general).
They desperately want to ...
-- believe in easy-grace, hyper-grace, easy-believism, etc.
-- avoid any accountability or responsibility
-- reject God's call on their lives to co-operate with the Holy Spirit
-- live their lives the way they want, not the way God insists they live
etc.
OR,
perhaps they truly want the truth,
AND
perhaps they really truly are seeking for the truth, and keep seeking .....

if so, God's Promise, is that they will find the truth, and the truth will set them free.

Upvote 0