Belief in the Trinity required for salvation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wavy

Nov 1, 2005
✟7,981.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
debiwebi said:
Works are objects? huh?

works of god
or
special posessions of God

all they did was say this way

2c) works or special possessions of God

it is you that are redefining the usage here not me ....

either it is a special posession of God or a work of God and we all know that works of God are vast and that they come in all ways ....

that people themselves can be used to administer the works of God for him and be used as toold for Him .... it does not need be an object only....Unless you want to count us being the object of God's use ....

"Impersonal" then, if that's suits you. You are still rewriting the dictionary. It does not talk say anything about people doing works. But refers to the works themselves.

Upvote 0

Wavy

Nov 1, 2005
✟7,981.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
debiwebi said:
adding to my prior post ....

btw, Moses was already one of those used by God and called to this, so now is Abraham, and there are more to come like King David ect .... therefore it is indeed plural intensive, because at the time although it speaks of only one part of the multiple, there is still a multiple it applies to ....

thats it. i'm done. now you are spouting pure nonsense and don't know what plural intensive means.

it's like putting a huge amount of emphasis on a word.

i truly can't deal with this anymore. now you're just saying stuff to stay alive in this debate.

Upvote 0

Wavy

Nov 1, 2005
✟7,981.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
QuantaCura said:
I'm jumping in late, so I hope this hasn't been repeated, but what about this:

Titus 3:10 A man that is a heretic, after the first and second admonition, avoid: 11 Knowing that he, that is such an one, is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned by his own judgment.

This seems to say heretics are condemned, not saved. Denial of the Trinity is a major heresy. So, unless God judges you have mitigating circumstances, rejecting the Trinity will get you condemned.

Assuming denying the trinity is this "major heresy" your church makes it out to be (and in my case, assuming the trinity is even true at all).

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
XianJedi said:
So, the Church is true because it represents the Trinity, and the Trinity is true, because the Church represents it???

And I'm not being "obtuse". I really don't get your point.

No, the Church is true because it is the Pillar and Foundation of the Truth.

" . . . the Church of God, which is the Pillar and Foundation of the Truth"
1Ti 3:15

The Trinity is true because the Pillar and Foundation of the Truth teaches it is True.

Peace

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married