Jun 25, 2011
✟15,431.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What happens to the billions of people who know little to nothing about Christianity? Know nothing of the gospel and Christ.

Do they go to hell when they die? I was a Christian up until a week or two ago, when I realized that several people that I know, do not know about the gospel, and therefore can not be saved.

Thanks for any guidance.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
What happens to the billions of people who know little to nothing about Christianity? Know nothing of the gospel and Christ.

Do they go to hell when they die? I was a Christian up until a week or two ago, when I realized that several people that I know, do not know about the gospel, and therefore can not be saved.

Thanks for any guidance.

The best answer to that question is:

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law

Rom 2:13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

Rom 2:14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,

Rom 2:15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

Rom 2:16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟377,931.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks for any guidance.
So, to clarify, you decided to stop being a Christian because several people you know do not know about the Gospel? Why quit the faith rather than share the Gospel with them instead?

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

danabaillie

Jun 25, 2011
✟15,431.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The best answer to that question is:

Rom 2:12 For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without law, and as many as have sinned in the law will be judged by the law

Rom 2:13 (for not the hearers of the law are just in the sight of God, but the doers of the law will be justified;

Rom 2:14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,

Rom 2:15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

Rom 2:16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

Rom 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 1:17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Faith is what saves you. Having faith in something that you know nothing about is a pretty tall order.

Upvote 0

hurdygurdyman

Jan 28, 2019
flint
✟15,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks for any guidance.

Primary Source: An Extract Out Of Josephus's Discourse To The Greeks Concerning Hades

https://sacred-texts.com/jud/josephus/hades.htm

Dear Dana, I have written this response to your inquiry.

I think the problem is we suppose only two ultimate places we my end up after death. That is Heaven or Hell. However Jesus speaks of a few other possibilities. (outer darkness, total destruction, annihilation, separation from God). Even the OT talks of Hades (hell) as a place we all go until the day of judgement. So those who are saved do not perish, those who do not believe on Christ do not enter the Kingdom of God. where they go is unknown. Hell and the everlasting lake of fire is "reserved for the devil and his angels". So Gandhi does not receive everlasting life because he did not believe on Christ. He does not go to Hell because that is reserved for the devil and his angels, which he is definitely not. We must overcome our black or white, either/or thinking. Christ offers life for those who will accept it. For those alive before Christ or, as you say, and the billions who never knew, read the reference above for one explanation.

Upvote 0

Of the Kingdom

Nov 26, 2018
Atlanta, Georgia
✟48,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It appears you have a problem believing the gospel. We all have questions and doubts; God teaches me a lot when I bring my doubts to him.

You write:

was a Christian up until a week or two ago, when I realized that several people that I know, do not know about the gospel, and therefore can not be saved.

My first response is, if it is the truth that some cannot be saved, is that a reason for you to join them, rejecting the new life Christ has freely given you? We do not know where or when or how God will save some, or if a certain person will ever come to understand Christ's sacrifice for us, but we do not that Jesus "does not desire that any should be lost".

Can you put your trust in Jesus? Can you believe that He wants to send you to share the gospel with some, and me to share the gospel with others? Can you believe that He is a loving God, who is willing and well able to reach out to those who will listen? Can you accept that He has ordered the universe according to His love for mankind? He may have been misrepresented by people who desire retribution against their enemies, and don't want to accept the fact that even "bad people" are of infinite value to God.

Upvote 0