SAN DIEGO
✟15,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm looking for stories of how believers have been convicted. I was convicted because I turned my back on God and became a non-believer. After I repented by sins I went through a conviction of suffering and then a rebirth. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Informative
Reactions: Broken Fence

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm looking for stories of how believers have been convicted. I was convicted because I turned my back on God and became a non-believer. After I repented by sins I went through a conviction of suffering and then a rebirth. Has this happened to anyone else?
I was a Christian for 32 years and then my wife (also saved) cheated, abandoned God and divorced me and took my children. God used it to strengthen my walk and grow me spiritually. However, a couple years later I have different challenges and question a lot about my faith, but overall I’m still in a much better place in Christ than I was before the horrible stuff that happened to me. It’s nice to know that nothing can happen to us without an accompanying support from the Lord

• Informative
Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was a Christian for 32 years and then my wife (also saved) cheated, abandoned God and divorced me and took my children. God used it to strengthen my walk and grow me spiritually. However, a couple years later I have different challenges and question a lot about my faith, but overall I’m still in a much better place in Christ than I was before the horrible stuff that happened to me. It’s nice to know that nothing can happen to us without an accompanying support from the Lord

If she is saved, she will never cheat.

• Informative
Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
If she is saved, she will never cheat.
That’s ridiculous. Christians sin all the time. The manner and type of sin is irrelevant, it is not related to salvation.

If anything, the fact that she denies the diety of Christ is a stronger evidence she isn’t saved than the adultery. But I know she was saved before, we were married, did missionary work for nine years, Spread the gospel all over the world. can’t fake that. So she either lost her salvation or she currently is saved while professing to be an atheist. Can’t have it both ways

Upvote 0

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Bible say this:

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Upvote 0

carmen_333

May 7, 2020
SAN DIEGO
✟15,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Wow! Thank you for sharing. Do you believe God was testing your devotion to him? Or do you believe you were bring chastised?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Conviction for me comes from my conscience, what I read in the Bible, preaching I hear or the words of other Christians. From time to time, God uses circumstances to get my attention. That's God's last resort. A few years ago, I repeated a declaration that no surgeon was going to stick a knife in me. Then I suffered a relatively minor health issue. The consequences were incredibly (to me) debilitating. When the hospital offered me a procedure to correct the problem, I would have cheerfully gone under the knife there and then.

Upvote 0

carmen_333

May 7, 2020
SAN DIEGO
✟15,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Conviction for me comes from my conscience, what I read in the Bible, preaching I hear or the words of other Christians. From time to time, God uses circumstances to get my attention. That's God's last resort. A few years ago, I repeated a declaration that no surgeon was going to stick a knife in me. Then I suffered a relatively minor health issue. The consequences were incredibly (to me) debilitating. When the hospital offered me a procedure to correct the problem, I would have cheerfully gone under the knife there and then.

After my wake up call conviction the one that changed my entire life around now I'm noticing that if I do something that's not Godly or even think of doing something that's not of God I'll feel pretty bad about it. So I agree with your regarding being convicted that way as well. Thank you for sharing!

Reactions: DerSchweik
Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2020
Fife
✟5,960.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bible say this:

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
Ok if it is impossible for christians to sin, explain your reasoning on what happened with King David?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 18, 2020
Fife
✟5,960.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok christian wasca wrong term in context of David. But importantly he had been close to God, sinned and backslid away from God. But he was redeemed and brought back into fellowship with God. God and His Word do not have any contradictions, thus backsliders can be redeemed today.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Bible didn't say christians, but saved. King David wasn't saved that time.
Wrong. David received the Holy Spirit. David was anointed. David was a man after God's own heart. He was indeed saved. He was not saved when he fought Goliath and wrote psalms, unsaved when he sinned, saved again when he repented, unsaved when he refused to discipline his children.......

Upvote 0

faith campbell

Brave Heart
Apr 12, 2020
Melbourne
✟8,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wrong. David received the Holy Spirit. David was anointed. David was a man after God's own heart. He was indeed saved. He was not saved when he fought Goliath and wrote psalms, unsaved when he sinned, saved again when he repented, unsaved when he refused to discipline his children.......
Yes it was infact because of the anointing of the spirit of God that Saul invited him to play the harp so the evil spirit from him would go away. It was the spirit of God that Saul saw in David. He was saved but he wasn't a Christian because the Christian term was first used in the NT in Acts 11:26 KJV

And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Jesus Christ wasn't alive in the time of David. Jesus was from the lineage of David.

Upvote 0

faith campbell

Brave Heart
Apr 12, 2020
Melbourne
✟8,916.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bible say this:

I in no means justify sin in a believer but Jesus said
John 8:7 KJV
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Everyone of us sin. If you claim you're a Christian, then you sin as well. Lying, judging, stealing, being fearful, worrying, and such things are sin. There is no one in this world that is exempted to sin. Even Job the most righteous man on earth is sinful as well. Through the nature of sin we inherited from the fall of man, we became sinful. But Jesus' sacrifice gave us a way to redemption. But even Peter, as he judged the gentiles for being uncircumcised had sinned through that act. He was a preacher, an apostle of Christ.

Romans 3:23 KJV
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

The Lord knows our weaknesses but the Lord is not expecting us to be perfect.

That's why for Christians who sin, it is always needed to repent as we sin everyday through our thoughts, actions, judgments, heart's intention.

Paul wrote this
1 Corinthians 15:31 KJV
I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Paul said that as even tho he was forgiven and believed the Lord Jesus Christ whom he once persecuted, he still sin so through repentance, he die from his sins

• Agree
Reactions: Aussie Pete
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes it was infact because of the anointing of the spirit of God that Saul invited him to play the harp so the evil spirit from him would go away. It was the spirit of God that Saul saw in David. He was saved but he wasn't a Christian because the Christian term was first used in the NT in Acts 11:26 KJV

And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Jesus Christ wasn't alive in the time of David. Jesus was from the lineage of David.
Really? "Before Abraham was, I Am". Lord Jesus surely was alive. He is the Lamb of God slain from the foundation of the world. He is the Beginning and the End. He is before all a things. He is the Bread of Heaven who came down to earth. He is the Word of God. His incarnation is just the briefest of interludes in eternity. "Christian" is just a convenient word that describes believers. Remember who appeared at the transfiguration? They were just as much in heaven as any of the saints of the New Testament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodhuman

Jan 7, 2020
dfgdfsgdf
✟58,992.00
Country
Cambodia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I in no means justify sin in a believer but Jesus said
John 8:7 KJV
So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Everyone of us sin. If you claim you're a Christian, then you sin as well. Lying, judging, stealing, being fearful, worrying, and such things are sin. There is no one in this world that is exempted to sin. Even Job the most righteous man on earth is sinful as well. Through the nature of sin we inherited from the fall of man, we became sinful. But Jesus' sacrifice gave us a way to redemption. But even Peter, as he judged the gentiles for being uncircumcised had sinned through that act. He was a preacher, an apostle of Christ.

Romans 3:23 KJV
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

The Lord knows our weaknesses but the Lord is not expecting us to be perfect.

That's why for Christians who sin, it is always needed to repent as we sin everyday through our thoughts, actions, judgments, heart's intention.

Paul wrote this
1 Corinthians 15:31 KJV
I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Paul said that as even tho he was forgiven and believed the Lord Jesus Christ whom he once persecuted, he still sin so through repentance, he die from his sins

Why are you telling me this? I copy/paste from bible, I didn't wrote this. So, don't tell me this all.
About what you said that Paul that died every day, he meant that he had much pain like Christ, because he is his servant and Christ himself had much pain. Because bible is clear, born again cannot sin. They can only sin until they become born again. So st. apostle Paul lived sinless after he was born again.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Much is said here about being somewhat saved, believing in God for many years, etc. We need to realize that many religious people are endeavoring over the years to follow God's ways, serve as Christians, and believe all is well for acknowledging our Creator-God. I can not always accept such statements as evidence of one being a true "born again" faithful saint as shown in John 3, John 14; 1 Jn. 5:10-12; etc., which teaches the earnest seekers God's way ---and I am not judging any one post here. I just look to see what one thinks of Jesus Christ and whether they have any relationship with Him, which is essential.

The acceptable display of true devotion to the Lord Jesus by His Name might better show others one loves the Lord Jesus, and not just be following teachings, practice, and such as Old Testament ways, general practices, etc. So, I felt a need to share this, not that I am above failures in my flesh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0