Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last night as I listened to fireworks all around , I thought about mine an my husbands 30 years of 4th of July's. Many people we celebrated that day with are in Heaven. My favorite was when my step dad was alive and brother and husband put on a show for all of us at the Lake , on their property. Another was at the Lake house with my mother in law . Those people are not here anymore and I woke up very sad today and had to talk to God about my heavy heart and feeling alone .

There are people that are like glue and hold people together ,my step dad and mother in law where a people glue.

God is the real glue that never leaves us , people come and go.

I woke today wanting to move somewhere , to find what we had in the past. When we are in a time , in our lives that past is the only happy place to go , it is time to move and make change but not necessarily physical. I grew up with a dad that moved us when the wind blew and have found I can adapt most anywhere. I am watching a show called Alone. The thing that makes every person make that call to be picked up , is not having another human around . It is not the lack of food , bears , cold or rain but being alone that breaks them.

Here is the thing, we can be surrounded by people and be alone,large cities has shown us this. We can be dropped in a remote place with no humans and not be alone. I thought about the celebrations and gatherings of people in the Bible. They did not have firework shows or divided as we are now . They walked days and gathered for the One that created the real Lights in the sky.

If you are alone , feel alone and looking to the past for happiness, the only move or change comes from within and a relationship with God. I look at all the relationships in my life and many are gone or changed , that is how the world is, He never changes. I have moved enough to know that people are the same everywhere with different faces.

Until we have a real relationship with God, we can be in a group of 5000 and be alone. We can be dropped in a remote place and be alone...When this life is unfriendly , unkind , unforgiving and takes away , we are not alone.

The show , Alone , shows when we base our existence and happiness on other humans first, we could not survive or last without them and have to make that call to be picked up.

I am only in season 2, but the two winners had a close relationship with God. He got them through weeks of being without another human, they where not alone. Make Him first and then the future is the happiest place to go , not the past...If I was younger I might apply for that show as I now understand, it is satan that whispers you are alone...The story of Elijah is a good read on this subject.

Those people that called to be picked up because they could not survive without those human relationships they had left, will leave , will change. Never base how you survive on anything outside of God , the 2 winners of that show , shows us Who to survive with and looking to the prize in the future...

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟323,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Think about this, we only have a future there is no present because the present is now in the past. As I typed that it has become history, time doesn't stop. Our future is in the future, everything left behind is dead. Thank God for the people and time you were given with who you loved back there and move ahead. We can't go backwards, we can't relive the past but there are new experiences and adventures ahead. Many seasons have passed but ahead are new seasons to live in.

In the end don't we really live for the next life anyway ? It was never really about this life on earth to begin with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Think about this, we only have a future there is no present because the present is now in the past. As I typed that it has become history, time doesn't stop. Our future is in the future, everything left behind is dead. Thank God for the people and time you were given with who you loved back there and move ahead. We can't go backwards, we can't relive the past but there are new experiences and adventures ahead. Many seasons have passed but ahead are new seasons to live in.

In the end don't we really live for the next life anyway ? It was never really about this life on earth to begin with.

Yes it is all about the next , we learn from this great classroom called earth

Upvote 0

Swords&Sunflowers

May 10, 2018
✟176,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
. I have moved enough to know that people are the same everywhere with different faces.

Until we have a real relationship with God, we can be in a group of 5000 and be alone. We can be dropped in a remote place and be alone...When this life is unfriendly , unkind , unforgiving and takes away , we are not alone.

So true, needed to hear this, been feeling so lonely nowadays. I guess the loneliness is a reminder that this is not our home and we are merely vagabonds. Reminds me of what Solomon said that there is "nothing new under the sun" and all is "vanity". Quite true that the only solid relationship that can last through anything is our relationship with God.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last night as I listened to fireworks all around , I thought about mine an my husbands 30 years of 4th of July's. Many people we celebrated that day with are in Heaven. My favorite was when my step dad was alive and brother and husband put on a show for all of us at the Lake , on their property. Another was at the Lake house with my mother in law . Those people are not here anymore and I woke up very sad today and had to talk to God about my heavy heart and feeling alone .

There are people that are like glue and hold people together ,my step dad and mother in law where a people glue.

God is the real glue that never leaves us , people come and go.

I woke today wanting to move somewhere , to find what we had in the past. When we are in a time , in our lives that past is the only happy place to go , it is time to move and make change but not necessarily physical. I grew up with a dad that moved us when the wind blew and have found I can adapt most anywhere. I am watching a show called Alone. The thing that makes every person make that call to be picked up , is not having another human around . It is not the lack of food , bears , cold or rain but being alone that breaks them.

Here is the thing, we can be surrounded by people and be alone,large cities has shown us this. We can be dropped in a remote place with no humans and not be alone. I thought about the celebrations and gatherings of people in the Bible. They did not have firework shows or divided as we are now . They walked days and gathered for the One that created the real Lights in the sky.

If you are alone , feel alone and looking to the past for happiness, the only move or change comes from within and a relationship with God. I look at all the relationships in my life and many are gone or changed , that is how the world is, He never changes. I have moved enough to know that people are the same everywhere with different faces.

The show , Alone , shows when we base our existence and happiness on other humans first, we could not survive or last without them and have to make that call to be picked up.

I am only in season 2, but the two winners had a close relationship with God. He got them through weeks of being without another human, they where not alone. Make Him first and then the future is the happiest place to go , not the past...If I was younger I might apply for that show as I now understand, it is satan that whispers you are alone...The story of Elijah is a good read on this subject.

Those people that called to be picked up because they could not survive without those human relationships they had left, will leave , will change. Never base how you survive on anything outside of God , the 2 winners of that show , shows us Who to survive with and looking to the prize in the future...
Last week I watched a 2018 survival show with a group of eight surviving 40 days in Africa. They had to get along to survive. They combined their skills. They shared what they had. I usually do not watch that show because of all the failure, loss and waste. For a few hours one night I was happy to see some people winning.

I have a PT volunteer job that got me involved with people. There are also groups, writings and videos online. Sometimes I prayed for what I should read next. Researching an interesting topic made me happier. My brother and his wife and I ate lunch together the other day. They have been asking to meet for lunch at our favorite restaurant more often than before.

Have thought about taking vacations in other places to try to find a more interesting place to live. Moving is expensive. Every time I sell my home they get a 6% commission. My current home is 866 sq ft. I did Habitat for Humanity volunteer work, but due to a previous injury, my back was not strong enough to keep up the pace. When I was young, they wanted me to show up for work and I was with people. I worked overtime.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So true, needed to hear this, been feeling so lonely nowadays. I guess the loneliness is a reminder that this is not our home and we are merely vagabonds. Reminds me of what Solomon said that there is "nothing new under the sun" and all is "vanity". Quite true that the only solid relationship that can last through anything is our relationship with God.
Funny you quote Solomon I was thinking why he felt he had to have so many wives..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swords&Sunflowers

May 10, 2018
✟176,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Funny you quote Solomon I was thinking why he felt he has to have so many wives..

lol it reminds me of what my dad told me once, the 3 G's of downfall of powerful men "Gold (greed), Girls (sexual sins), Glory (pride)"

Upvote 0

Swords&Sunflowers

May 10, 2018
✟176,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
7bf8107dcfba63c73df51b97060c984e.jpg

Upvote 0