Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ROFLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! Ohhh hep meeee i cain't breeeeathe

Smiley_Smile-ROFL04.gif
^_^ ... Glad you like it, Miss Brinny!

That there thing is what they call an avian dinosaur, or avian "terrible lizard."

Just when you thought it was safe to go outside! :eek:

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

That there thing is what they call an avian dinosaur, or avian "terrible lizard."

LOL! Are you KIDDING me?

It's soooo cute and tiny and harmless...why in the world would anyone name such a little harmless creature "terrible lizard"?

My initial reaction of course is because i expected to see a ferocious lizard.

Then when i saw such a small and harmless creature i almost fell of me chair...

^_^

• Haha
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Should I point out there that dinosaur isn't synonymous with lizard?
Or would that take the fun away?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,135.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Should I point out there that dinosaur isn't synonymous with lizard?
Or would that take the fun away?
You ... you mean "avian dinosaur" is a misnomer?

Or are you saying there are exceptions to Linnaeus' bologna?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rivga

Jan 31, 2018
Lonfon
✟21,666.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Behold the terrible lizard!

images

Who needs God when you have the wonders of Evolution,

I recall when I first learned about Evolution, 10 years old and a 1 hour class changed everything for me, not just explaining how we got here but the concept that you don't need a complex thing to make a complex thing. There is a system that removes the need for a designer, and if we can find one such system do more systems exist.

Below Archaeopteryx. Funny story about a guy who owned one the first Archaeopteryx fossil, Writing "If evolution is true then you'd see a link creature" I like to think that the Fossil was on his desk whilst he wrote this!

upload_2018-2-7_0-29-26.jpeg

If you think the change from Dinosaurs to Birds is mind blowing then look looking at how Whales evolved from Dog like mammals.

Like it or not Evolution killed God, it may take 100s of years to finish but it was a deathblow never the less. Not because of evolution itself but because there exists a system were simple things can go on to create complex things. And the Theists hypothesis centres around, not proof, but a need for a God to exist, to create complex things - no more need, no more God.

• Agree
Reactions: HitchSlap
Upvote 0

Shemjaza

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2006
✟926,526.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Who needs God when you have the wonders of Evolution,

I recall when I first learned about Evolution, 10 years old and a 1 hour class changed everything for me, not just explaining how we got here but the concept that you don't need a complex thing to make a complex thing. There is a system that removes the need for a designer, and if we can find one such system do more systems exist.

Below Archaeopteryx. Funny story about a guy who owned one the first Archaeopteryx fossil, Writing "If evolution is true then you'd see a link creature" I like to think that the Fossil was on his desk whilst he wrote this!

View attachment 219903

If you think the change from Dinosaurs to Birds is mind blowing then look looking at how Whales evolved from Dog like mammals.

Like it or not Evolution killed God, it may take 100s of years to finish but it was a deathblow never the less. Not because of evolution itself but because there exists a system were simple things can go on to create complex things. And the Theists hypothesis centres around, not proof, but a need for a God to exist, to create complex things - no more need, no more God.
The universe is so much vaster, older and more mysterious then evolution on Earth that I don't think people believing in a "who" responsible will ever go away. (I mean, some people. Personally I don't).

I used to believe that creationism at least would go away, but seeing the rise of the Flat Earth has demonstrated to me that no science or evidence can really stand against the beliefs of humans.

Upvote 0

Rivga

Jan 31, 2018
Lonfon
✟21,666.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The universe is so much vaster, older and more mysterious then evolution on Earth that I don't think people believing in a "who" responsible will ever go away. (I mean, some people. Personally I don't).

I used to believe that creationism at least would go away, but seeing the rise of the Flat Earth has demonstrated to me that no science or evidence can really stand against the beliefs of humans.

10 years ago I was working for an international development charity whilst at a conference I was sat at a table for Lunch, usual crap sat with strangers:

One person asked a priest, "So what do we do to keep our communities Christian"
Priests states "Don't educate them too much."

Problem for that priest is the only way to get those countries out of the cycle of poverty is to educate them. I know it, I'd guess you know it, that priest knew it and more importantly the people of those countries know it.

And we all know more education means more knowledge, more rational thinking and every country which has this has moved away from religion.

Upvote 0