"Behold, Jehovah is one Jehovah"... What does this mean...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
So Lucifer and his minions are part of God???
I said "Holy Angels", but I do wonder if the others, not holy, can do anything outside of God's will or plan(s) or not though...? Or could somehow thwart of defeat or interfere with God's plans or not by being able to do things outside his (God's) will or not though...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a statement of monolatry, that Jews worship only one God. This is the basic creed of Judaism. At our church last year during Lent, we had a series of lessons on this verse in Deuteronomy 6:4, and it was translated, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord alone".

The focus on translating echad as "one" is more of an emphasis of rabbinic Judaism, but obviously not all biblical translators agree on this point.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Before Lucifer went awol, he and his minions were also "holy angels."
And at, and up until that time, they were a part of God's body and were one with him (God/Jehovah) and were not separated from him, but then became separated from him later on...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The name of Jehovah (Yahweh) means I Am, which, as I understand it is an acknowledgement of his self-existence. In other words, it makes the point that he is an un-created being, a thing that has and needs no cause. Angels are created beings.

Angels have rebelled against God. God cannot rebel against himself. Angels have fallen from grace, but God cannot.

Angels have scolded humans for worshipping them. God commands us to worship him.

We have been told that we will judge angels. We will never judge God.

So, are you saying you or I are Jehovah, too?
We will be one day I think. I think that may be some of our's destinies.

For one thing, that's pantheism, not Christianity. For another thing, because I Am is self existent, then it is impossible to become him if you are not already. Yahweh has been Yahweh forever, without beginning or cause.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It's a statement of monolatry, that Jews worship only one God. This is the basic creed of Judaism. At our church last year during Lent, we had a series of lessons on this verse in Deuteronomy 6:4, and it was translated, "Hear, O Israel, the Lord is our God, the Lord alone".

The focus on translating echad as "one" is more of an emphasis of rabbinic Judaism, but obviously not all biblical translators agree on this point.
Still the concept of God (all three members) and the Holy Angels all being "one" with each other, and one another is still sound... And they are (one) Jehovah together...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Still the concept of God (all three members) and the Holy Angels all being "one" with each other, and one another is still sound... And they are Jehovah...

Angels are not God, they are supernatural creatures.

• Agree
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: DeerGlow
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The name of Jehovah (Yahweh) means I Am, which, as I understand it is an acknowledgement of his self-existence. In other words, it makes the point that he is an un-created being, a thing that has and needs no cause. Angels are created beings.

Angels have rebelled against God. God cannot rebel against himself. Angels have fallen from grace, but God cannot.

Angels have scolded humans for worshipping them. God commands us to worship him.

We have been told that we will judge angels. We will never judge God.

For one thing, that's pantheism, not Christianity. For another thing, because I Am is self existent, then it is impossible to become him if you are not already. Yahweh has been Yahweh forever, without beginning or cause.
I am, we are... The angels were the very first creations, before creation and will be the last creations to of creation to come to an end, when creation ends, and then it will all start all over again...

I'm not saying we should worship angels, just that we should know what they are and their place as a, or the, parts of Jehovah, and how the Holy ones are called Jehovah's also...

Jehovah with anything after it is referring to a angel (god, little g) of that particular thing or aspect of part of God... And they do not have their own will... And it is very important not to think of these angels being "separate beings" from God, or him separate from them, cause they are not... They are like a collective consciousness... However God can exist without them, but they cannot exist without him...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Angels are created beings. God is not.
They are spirits though... And are the first creations to be created or made by God, and will be the last creations to end... Then it will start over again...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

KingdomLeast

Aug 6, 2018
INDIANAPOLIS
✟30,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where it says, Behold, Jehovah (YHWH) is one Jehovah (YHWH)... What does this mean...?

The Christian Church started out exclusively Jewish and, as such, had a singular God. "The
LORD our God is one LORD" is the basic concept of the Jewish faith (Deut. 6:4). This was
universally accepted and stressed by Jewish authorities from ancient times. They understood the
Old Testament Scriptures to portray God as truly singular in being, and they consistently rejected
any other characterization. With one voice, Jehovah was believed to be the only all-powerful,
unoriginated, immutable, eternal and self-existing One—the one true God.

Although the term ELOHIM (god) is applied to both men and angels in scriptures, NOWHERE is JEHOVAH / YAHWEH ever applied to them, that name is EXCLUSIVELY applied to the Heavenly Father, God ALmighty

Upvote 0