Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
My dog is not particularly vocal and prefers to bring me her leash rather than whine when she needs to go outside. But sometimes people shut the door so she doesn't have access to the leash, and her usual alternative is to "go outside" inside. I've tried teaching her to whine, but it isn't working very well...

Any ideas?

Wolflily

Saved by the Grace of God, thank you Jesus!
Jan 8, 2004
New Hampshire, USA
✟10,794.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's probably better that she isn't vocal! :)

You could try keeping the leash in an easily accessible place for her - near her bowls for instance, where she can find it whenever she wants it and bring it to you where ever you are. That would be easiest.

Upvote 0

Dagna

Heathen
Nov 14, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟15,910.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If she brings you her leash when she wants to go out, maybe you can teach her another trick. Hang a bell on the door that you usually go out of. Whenever you take her outside, ring the bell with her nose. She should eventually learn that when she wants to go out, she rings the bell.

Although, making sure her leash is easily accesible would be the best, this could work out as a good alternative.

Upvote 0

TheOriginalWhitehorse

Sep 1, 2003
Visit site
✟18,532.00
Faith
Calvinist
Thank you both for your suggestions. My puppy is doing much better. Her accidents are much fewer, and far between. She still lets go when she's excited, like when she looks in the mirror. She looks at "the other doggie," barks at it, and then I reach for the soapy bleachwater bucket. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.