• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Been crying since I got off work

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Been crying since I got off work. I hate my job. I hate my coworkers. I hate the 8 hour workday. I don't understand my job at all. I hate call centers. I also hate pharmacy.

No one gets me. The only thing people in America say is your just lucky to have a job or a paycheck. After hours of me crying and not telling my bf what's wrong cause I know he and everyone else won't understand he'll just say man up.

I can't even sleep cause I'm in physical pain as well. Skipped dinner. And I really hate my life. I feel stuck like I'll never get out of my miserable existence. I hate working full-time in terrible jobs being a wage slave. The fact that I'm not a social butterfly and just an environment full of other people makes me miserable makes it even worse.

There's no way out for me. Literally I'm gonna end up making myself so sick that I die without trying because there's nothing else to do but cry. I hate my life and wish I was never born. Just an American slave.

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,065,525.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Prayers...I have designed videos that are faith inspiring.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. - 1 John 5:4

And we will keep you in prayer as you go out and exercise your faith.

rockytopva

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish I could be there and pray with you in person, but for now I pray that the peace of God be upon you this very moment, the peace that surpasses all our understanding. I pray that Abba, Father will wrap His loving arms of love completely around you right now. I pray for the Joy of the Lord to be your strength. I pray that any tormenting thought be cast down, and all these things I pray in Jesus Mighty Name and declare it done. Amen.

Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Try CBD/cannibidiol ( Cannabidiol - Wikipedia )

It is legal when it is made from hemp instead of marijuana. You can buy it online or at health food stores. It has helped me a lot.

Of course you can also try the prescription antidepressants if you have not yet.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I hit a real low point just a couple of weeks ago. I believe God when He said that He would not let us be given more than we can handle.

The flesh can be a killer.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Tatilina

Set apart
May 23, 2012
Alberta
✟23,688.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Been crying since I got off work. I hate my job. I hate my coworkers. I hate the 8 hour workday. I don't understand my job at all. I hate call centers. I also hate pharmacy.

No one gets me. The only thing people in America say is your just lucky to have a job or a paycheck. After hours of me crying and not telling my bf what's wrong cause I know he and everyone else won't understand he'll just say man up.

I can't even sleep cause I'm in physical pain as well. Skipped dinner. And I really hate my life. I feel stuck like I'll never get out of my miserable existence. I hate working full-time in terrible jobs being a wage slave. The fact that I'm not a social butterfly and just an environment full of other people makes me miserable makes it even worse.

There's no way out for me. Literally I'm gonna end up making myself so sick that I die without trying because there's nothing else to do but cry. I hate my life and wish I was never born. Just an American slave.
I am STRUGGLING to not feel and think exactly as you do at this very moment. I too are in great anguish over my life and all those whom I love dearest are suffering with addictions and lack of being loved and nutured. I too crave deeper fellowship with members of the body of Christ. I wish I had more people to talk to who are on the same level as us, I hear and under your frustration sweet sister.

I ENCOURAGE you to please watch this video!

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Try CBD/cannibidiol ( Cannabidiol - Wikipedia )

It is legal when it is made from hemp instead of marijuana. You can buy it online or at health food stores. It has helped me a lot.

Of course you can also try the prescription antidepressants if you have not yet.

I was actually going to try that a few weeks ago haven't gotten to it yet. Will def. try that.

...I was triggered today by the fact that I don't understand what's going on in my training class at all. It's so obnoxious because i have a STEM degree and I'm intelligent, but I'm not a fast processer and i'm a terrible listener and rememberer so they might as well be speaking Chinese. Plus it's Medicare D pharmacy and it feels so ambiguous and pointless that it's hard for me to learn it cause I don't like it. It makes me mad because I feel like people treat me like I'm dumb when they have nowhere near the years of schooling I do. I know I'm not dumb and I don't like being dismissed or disrespected.

I was also late 1 minute today ( terrible 45+ minute commute with traffic).

Then there's the getting coached on stuff im not even trained on.

Then the two girls that I don't like who've been giving me a hard time since I started. They really anger me.
The one is jealous of me and it's obvious. It's partly over a guy(that I wasn't even interested in cause I have a boyfriend!) And it's also her insecurity over her looks. The other girl is kinda friends with her and she doesn't like me cause I told her to be quiet and stop interrupting in class. It was an outburst actually... I yelled at her before I even realized she was making me mad.

Anyway all of this got to me. Then the fact there will be more tomorrow. And I'm supposed to know what in doing cause I'll be tested... Ugh!!! I really hate this job and my bfs and others are kinda on me because I'm a job hopper :/. I feel like I'll never get along with people are fit into a work environment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I was actually going to try that a few weeks ago haven't gotten to it yet. Will def. try that.

...I was triggered today by the fact that I don't understand what's going on in my training class at all. It's so obnoxious because i have a STEM degree and I'm intelligent, but I'm not a fast processer and i'm a terrible listener and rememberer so they might as well be speaking Chinese. Plus it's Medicare D pharmacy and it feels so ambiguous and pointless that it's hard for me to learn it cause I don't like it. It makes me mad because I feel like people treat me like I'm dumb when they have nowhere near the years of schooling I do. I know I'm not dumb and I don't like being dismissed or disrespected.

I was also late 1 minute today ( terrible 45+ minute commute with traffic).

Then there's the getting coached on stuff im not even trained on.

Then the two girls that I don't like who've been giving me a hard time since I started. They really anger me.
The one is jealous of me and it's obvious. It's partly over a guy(that I wasn't even interested in cause I have a boyfriend!) And it's also her insecurity over her looks. The other girl is kinda friends with her and she doesn't like me cause I told her to be quiet and stop interrupting in class. It was an outburst actually... I yelled at her before I even realized she was making me mad.

Anyway all of this got to me. Then the fact there will be more tomorrow. And I'm supposed to know what in doing cause I'll be tested... Ugh!!! I really hate this job and my bfs and others are kinda on me because I'm a job hopper :/. I feel like I'll never get along with people are fit into a work environment.
Have you tried a job that's less strenous where you dont have to work so long and hard,, have you gave retail or cashiering a shot?

• Useful
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Bee_in_the_Light

Site Supporter
Nov 30, 2017
Häme
✟64,811.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Have you tried a job that's less strenous where you dont have to work so long and hard,, have you gave retail or cashiering a shot?

I wouldn't recommend this. You are frustrated, because your job doesn't fill your expectations regarding compensation, status and mental challenge. You might also be suffering from a bore-out, which will not be solved by switching to less-demanding job.

The problem is a vicious circle, which is formed by losing motivation -> leading to under-performance -> leading to bad career development. Leading to further deteriorating motivation etc.

Have you suggested improving your job role to your manager? Maybe you could add some things that would be motivating to you personally? Maybe it is training others, as you do have the education? Maybe taking some administrative tasks from your manager? Try to think how you could make his/her job easier. That way, over time, you could find more time doing things that you like - and over time I am sure it will show on your compensation and career aspects, as well.

Upvote 0

Bee_in_the_Light

Site Supporter
Nov 30, 2017
Häme
✟64,811.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
There's no way out for me.

I don't believe you. We all have outs, but recognizing them is hard when you don't have the energy to think and act. In fact I think you have stated yourself, that there are possible ways out for you.

- You might move to another location or even another country. If you expand your geographical scope of job hunting, the chances for you to find a job that matches your expectations increase tremendously. Living in another country is an adventure in itself, and it "looks good on CV", too. It doesn't even look bad if you stay only for a year or two, as it is easy to explain why you would want to move back.

- You might change your occupation, as I think you have already stated earlier.

- Combine the two above.

- Become entrepreneur.

- Convert to Catholic and become nun.

The possibilities are almost endless, once your nerves calm down and you see it. At least that's what I experienced. And just let me tell you, you are not married and don't have children. Everything becomes way more complex once you are committed to other people with an unbreakable bond. Now is your chance.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't recommend this. You are frustrated, because your job doesn't fill your expectations regarding compensation, status and mental challenge. You might also be suffering from a bore-out, which will not be solved by switching to less-demanding job.

The problem is a vicious circle, which is formed by losing motivation -> leading to under-performance -> leading to bad career development. Leading to further deteriorating motivation etc.

Have you suggested improving your job role to your manager? Maybe you could add some things that would be motivating to you personally? Maybe it is training others, as you do have the education? Maybe taking some administrative tasks from your manager? Try to think how you could make his/her job easier. That way, over time, you could find more time doing things that you like - and over time I am sure it will show on your compensation and career aspects, as well.
The reason I reccommended retail is because its easy to do, she doesnt have to work 40 hours per week and she can have time to for her hobbies.... And when she becomes really good,,,if its her desire she could also train others.
Also, retail isnt forever so its just for the mean time. Like my jobs are just till I get out of school.
.but if retail isnt what she'd like to do she could work in an office and do admin work...I did that for 7 months it wasnt that stressful at all.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To find your life back in the Lord is the way out of your predicament. Jesus can change how you see and feel about your work and give meaning to things that now have none. it is giving the bad life attacking you to Him and then dying to them as Jesus renews your heart and mind along the way. You don't have to change jobs to do that but when He is done with you that will most likely be the outcome.

Hoping you find God's ways and His peace in all of this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah well update after calming myself down yesterday. Today my supervisor and trainer tried to write me up as 6 minutes late when I was 5 minutes early. I was pulled out in front of the whole training class. It was embarrassing. I corrected my supervisor for that but I'm very angry. The girl who is rude to me comes in late everyday. According to the rules she should be fired by now but has yet to be written up. I really don't feel comfortable or trust this job even more than before now. She has a different supervisor than me but still I don't feel like it's fair. That and the trainer saw me come in early so it's hard to believe he was that absent minded to mark me down late. I had to argue and show them my log in time otherwise I could have been fired.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hit a real low point just a couple of weeks ago. I believe God when He said that He would not let us be given more than we can handle.

The flesh can be a killer.

M-Bob
This is an incorrect quote from 1st Corinthians. The Bible does not say that we will not be given more than we can handle. The passage statas we will not be tempted more than we can bear, yet He will provide a way out.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

NW82

Jul 22, 2017
Chicago, IL
✟80,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Last edited:
Upvote 0