Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I don't think she believes that, but the truth is, it's Megan's politics that make me sick.
So that makes it okay to rip on her (McCains) weight? That kind of thing is funny?

Calling her out on her politics is fine. Go crazy, not hurting anyone there. But there are 13 year old girls with serious issues (depression, self-esteem problems, eating disorders, suicide, etc) because of the kind of attitude and 'humor' that Beck was employing.

Do you think that kind of humor (mocking plus-sized women) is funny? Or appropriate?

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Too funny. This over the line, but Maher calling Palin the C word is a-Okay, in fact its DOA in regards to leftists posting in it, "if I just ignore it, it isn't real!"

YouTube - Glenn Beck on Meghan McCain naked

Its amazing what Glenn Beck does that is way less racy than anything a lot of radio people do, but its Glenn Beck, so lets all pointlessly not get the joke.

Making fun of down syndrome=FUN. Making fun of Meghan McCain=HEY SHES ONE OF US YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Prayer is beautiful when it's sincere
Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid. But it doesn't sound on-topic to the thread (since it's not about Maher), so if you could PM me a relevant link I'd appreciate it.

Too funny. This over the line, but Maher calling Palin the C word is a-Okay, in fact its DOA in regards to leftists posting in it, "if I just ignore it, it isn't real!"

YouTube - Glenn Beck on Meghan McCain naked

Its amazing what Glenn Beck does that is way less racy than anything a lot of radio people do, but its Glenn Beck, so lets all pointlessly not get the joke.

Making fun of down syndrome=FUN. Making fun of Meghan McCain=HEY SHES ONE OF US YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

Do you think that Beck was being inappropriate? Do you think mocking plus-sized women is funny?

Upvote 0

Ton80

Jun 13, 2007
✟2,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Then you are saying that conservatives act just like liberals? :) Do you find Beck's skit tasteless and insulting, or will you defend him?

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's really no defending this, folks. It was dis-gus-ting. Check out the Yahoo comments page on its article. I have not seen a single person defending Beck. Heck, there are people claiming to be subscribers who cancelled after hearing this.

Upvote 0

GodGunsAndGlory

Jan 4, 2008
✟16,884.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have no idea what you're talking about, I'm afraid. But it doesn't sound on-topic to the thread (since it's not about Maher), so if you could PM me a relevant link I'd appreciate it.

Do you think that Beck was being inappropriate? Do you think mocking plus-sized women is funny?

He doesn't ever say anything about her weight, but then again I could be mistaken, but I just watched it and never heard anything of that sort, in fact Glenn Beck really doesn't even talk much.

Then you are saying that conservatives act just like liberals? :) Do you find Beck's skit tasteless and insulting, or will you defend him?

There's really no defending this, folks. It was dis-gus-ting. Check out the Yahoo comments page on its article. I have not seen a single person defending Beck. Heck, there are people claiming to be subscribers who cancelled after hearing this.

Sarah Palin vs. David Letterman

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He doesn't ever say anything about her weight, but then again I could be mistaken, but I just watched it and never heard anything of that sort, in fact Glenn Beck really doesn't even talk much.

Was he perhaps talking about her unattractive left shoulder? Or the skin blemishes that aren't there? Process of elimination sort of says weight, although I guess Beck will try to clarify shortly given the backlash.

Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I remember that...

Still haven't answered the question yet. Either of you.

Do you think Beck was being inappropriate? Since GG&G is questioning whether he was talking about her weight (which I think he was), we can even change the question to...

Do you think Beck was being inappropriate in mocking Meghan McCains appearance? (I think we can agree on at least that)

And please don't base your answer on what some liberal somewhere said once. I would hope you'd set your own standards rather than allowing people you hate to set them for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ton80
Upvote 0

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
images

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RedDead1981

Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow that one goes way over my head, would you care to explain?:confused:

Forget it, I snapped when I shouldn't have. Was in a real foul mood last night, sorry.

Making puking sounds. Which I must say, were pretty ingenious how he did them, I thought he had some good sound engineer doing them.
And what about McCain made Beck play the puking sounds and tell her to cover up and put more clothes on?

Did you find it so easy to read a story that claims Glenn Beck said things about her weight, even though he didn't, yet didn't call that out, and now instead of just admitting you were wrong you insist on making it about he didn't say this so it must be this!
I have thoughts and can infer meaning. You think if Beck wasn't talking about her weight he wouldn't have said so on O'Reillys show? He didn't deny it, just agreed it was juvenile. I'm open to other interpretations, but I've yet to hear one.

Also, I'm pretty sure Jimmy Kimmel has been calling Kirstie Alley fat since the Dancing With The Stars season started and I can't seem to find you criticizing that, but I know why, because no one cared because hes Jimmy Kimmel not Glenn Beck.
Probably because I don't follow Kimmel, Alley, or Dancing with the Stars. In fact, I don't even have cable. If I knew, I'd call him on that too. Plus sized women get a bad deal in this country and popular culture works against them. It's wrong and more people should speak against it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RedDead1981

Jul 4, 2010
✟14,181.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I heard the bit twice, and I didn't hear anything about weight. You

Again, inference. What do you think he was talking about? Her hair? Don't you think he would have cleared that up on O'Reilly if he was talking about something else?

Upvote 0

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Bill Mahr was vile for calling Sarah Palin that word. I watch Real Time and don't hesitate to admit that Mahr often says inappropriate things. Inappropriate is inappropriate. When Mahr says and does objectionable stuff, he is being an idiot (to put it lightly).

Of course, this thread is not about Maher. He is just being used to deflect from the topic.

Upvote 0

Mixolydian

Lord I believe; help my unbelief.
Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

Folks, this is a reminder to please adhere to CF rules when posting, particularly the following:

Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
● Do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes, making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.​

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mixolydian

Lord I believe; help my unbelief.
Oct 7, 2008
Kansas
✟11,433.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

This thread has undergone a clean up. If you find that your post has been deleted or edited, you can assume that it was in violation of the following rule:

Flaming and Harassment
● Do not insult, belittle, mock, goad, personally attack, threaten, harass, or use derogatory nicknames in reference to other members or groups of members. Address the context of the post, not the poster.
● If you are flamed, do not respond in-kind. Alert staff to the situation by utilizing the report button. Do not report another member out of spite.
● Do not make another member's experience on this site miserable. This includes, making false accusations or persistently attacking them in the open forums.​

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0