Beauty and the perfection.

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Adriana Lima would be my number 2:

adriana_lima.jpg

her and a lot of other beautiful women actually lol

Reactions: CrystalBrooke
Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

-snip beauty-

Agreed. She is very beautiful. Unfortunately 99.9% of her pictures on the internet are not quite....hmm..appropriate for us Christian men to be gawking at.
So, I think it takes her down a bit that her popularity is based around being half naked all the time. I find women who dress modestly to be so attractive.:love2:

Upvote 0

SplendidTree

Legend
Aug 8, 2009
✟53,000.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Agreed. She is very beautiful. Unfortunately 99.9% of her pictures on the internet are not quite....hmm..appropriate for us Christian men to be gawking at.
So, I think it takes her down a bit that her popularity is based around being half naked all the time. I find women who dress modestly to be so attractive.:love2:

Quite nice to see a man say the modest thing. Wish more men around here felt that way!! lol

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
She's a model dude, it's supposed to be art; I don't see her and lust, I just think she's incredibly gorgeous.

I like the modest look myself as well, but, a little bit of style and grace goes a lot further with me.

Upvote 0

EyesOfKohl

Sufi
Nov 27, 2010
Гимры
✟83,635.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I like women who have natural style, it doesn't matter so much on clothing or make up, but rather her uniqueness, her beautiful eyes, her smile, the way she moves and her light from within which shines out to the world and says 'This is who I am...'

So, I cannot choose one photo to show you what I believe beauty is, for beauty lies in the eye of the beholder and I don't have one image of beauty, but rather admire beauty when I see it myself.

But, as a man, I personally like to be natural, what I believe Elaha has created us to be like. Here's how I like my personal style. Long hair and beard.

abu-al-walid.jpg

khattab-rh.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MarisCrane

Dec 22, 2010
✟563.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Liberals
She's a model dude, it's supposed to be art;

This. Beyond the VS lingerie stuff (which, whatever) it's pretty amazing what some designers can do with some simple underwear. Certainly, I doubt a lot of people are watching it for the art factor, but some of us.

And in AL's defence, she's not posing for Hustler. I wouldn't say anything - to my knowledge - isn't done tastefully.

Upvote 0

SneakerPimp53

Becoming X
Jan 14, 2011
The 'rents' basement
✟15,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I sort of disagree. I think another important factor that affects who we find physically attractive is what type of people we are used to or have grown used to. I, for instance, find myself in a odd situation. I am ethnically mixed and many people would not consider me "white." Yet, I've noticed that I'm usually more attracted to white men. I contribute this peculiarity to the fact that I grew up in a small, wealthy, predominately white town. Growing up, almost every man I knew or saw in movies/tv was white. Though perhaps this could also be explained by your argument as well (because my skin is very fair). However, I think that both of these factors together play large roles in determining who we are physically attracted to.

The problem with this method of thinking is the studies that have been conducted on children. Which all tend to say about the same thing: when left to their own devices children engage in racist behaviors. At far too young an age to have much grasp of the world beyond mom and dad. Humans, like all social animals, exhibit normal stranger danger reactions. Obviously we can and do over come this sort of primitive thinking. But there is a lot we don't understand about our own brain, and to what degree aspects of instinct like stranger danger inform conscious decisions.
When I was in the army one a drill instructor once quoted Euripides, the famous "courage may be taught as a child is taught to speak." I don't believe that courage can be taught, but people can be taught to override instincts. Whether it's the flight or fight response, or stranger danger. Generally, we do teach people in society that race shouldn't affect how they treat people. Just like we teach people what to do in driving situations in hopes that they won't freak out and panic. Of course, even over come our instincts are still there. I just personally don't believe that if you mainly find members of your own racial/ethnic attractive it automatically parlays into closet racism. It's just how most people are in the grande scheme of things. The social stigma for interracial dating is lower now than it's ever been. Overt expression of disapproval in most cases would actually lead to the person that disapproves being stigmatized. Yet, it's not a huge part of any group that's dating outside their racial group. If you're white you'll most likely find other white people attractive, not a big deal and it doesn't mean you're secretly thinking of joining the Klan or something.
Also, put people into any stress situation and they tend to break themselves up by "tribe." American prisons are a good example of social orders created by the dangerous environment itself where the people in the system self segregate. Prison really brings out the need for our "tribe" to be unified to survive against competing "tribes" in a way that doesn't exist in society at large.

Reactions: Neve
Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
She's a model dude, it's supposed to be art; I don't see her and lust, I just think she's incredibly gorgeous.

I like the modest look myself as well, but, a little bit of style and grace goes a lot further with me.

No, her type of modeling isn't art, it's going after a mans desires...i.e we're lusting after her.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
It is easier to scrutinise the body of another woman and find areas I find attractive than it is for me to look at a man and pin point their beauty.
Magdalena-Frackowiak-levi-levis-jeans-440.jpg

magdalena-frackowiak11.jpg

Magda Frąckowiak - perhaps my current female obsession.
Du2BJuan2B25262BSun2BFeiFei2B-2BH2526M2BSpring2BSummer2B20112B-2B3.jpg

Sun FeiFei and Du Juan
plus-size-model-crystal-renn-in-aus.jpg

Crystal Renn.
fluvia7.jpg

Fluvia Lacerda
ashleygrahamforpenningtons.jpg

Ashley Graham.

I can say that, following a few years of reading fat fashion blogs, there are a few non-model ladies I find very aesthetically beautiful due to the shape of the face and body.

As for men ...

main.jpg

King Charles

img_37552.jpg

Serj Tankian.

justin-lee-collins.jpg

Justin Lee Collins.

I could go on, it's all more of the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ceh85

You shattered my darkness,washed away my blindness
Mar 25, 2009
✟15,945.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Male. Again, I don't think any man (in the public eye) has been as close to as perfect looking as Sir Dirk Bogarde.

2jbv4ur.jpg

He reminds me a little of Rufus Sewell.
images

He's not really my type but I think he is sooo good looking regardless :D

There have only been a hand full of occasions when I have found beauty in men. And not because they were model status, but at the moment when our eyes met, I felt my heart burning and I feel my hands going cold. I can only remember that happening twice in my life...and twice I closed my eyes and walked away cause I could not handle it.

I usually do that too! The only time I didn't was when the guy's personality was also amazing. It gave me a taste of what a great relationship could be like :)

Love it. She is beautiful and I just love the lighting.

adriana_lima.jpg

So cute!

Women:
images

She's just so delicate. So unlike me :D

images

So. Cute!

images

I think she's really classically beautiful.

Men:
images

:swoon:

images

only when he had short hair though :D

images

also I just googled one male celebrity and saw some pictures that made me go 'oooh no :S' :D

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,582.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
In my opinion, it doesn't get much better than graceful curves and a pretty smile. I also like the way shorter, but not extremely short, hairstyles look. Beyond that, I'd rather not generalize. Different traits and styles suit different women, and I'm not a one trait kind of guy. I don't believe in perfection when it comes to appearances. If I think she's pretty, then she's pretty as far as I'm concerned.

Alison Mack:
allison-mack-stuart-little-2-hollywood-premiere-arrivals-atoUCj.jpg

Cheryl Burke:
Cheryl_Burke-r942996.jpg

Upvote 0

lone soldier

Nov 10, 2010
Canada
✟8,063.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't believe perfection exists among humans physically. I also don't find most celebrities to be that good looking, despite what the media tries to say. I find everyday women often more alluring. I find myself liking women of all types, hair colours, heights and looks. There are only a few constants, the rest is all details. As long as she has a slender build, a nice face with long hair, is feminine and most important of all, has a friendly, positive, smiling face, I'll most likely be attracted to her. But I'll play along and post a picture anyway:

lauren.jpg

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Don't make me go all Hulk Hogan on you
i've wanted to say that for a long time. please don't take it as an offer to actually do anything, since i'd fail quite miserably.

*ahem*

Modelling can be artistic, just as it can be tacky. The body is a work of art, it can be appreciated for that and it can be lusted over. Being the amazing individuals we are we cannot know what the other genuinely thinks, and i'm willing to believe it's perfectly plausible to appreciate the beauty of a modelling shoot. Just like some men can walk past all sorts of "scandalous" women with their immodest clothing and sexual manners without considering them a viable option.

But, you know, if you must get your handbags out could you at least make them pretty ones?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Just like some men can walk past all sorts of "scandalous" women with their immodest clothing and sexual manners without considering them a viable option.

But, you know, if you must get your handbags out could you at least make them pretty ones?

Did you just call me gay? lol

I assure you, I'm quite heterosexual and have a healthy libido; I, do, however, not find pictures of women exciting; as they hold very little dimension in terms of who they are, and are a mere representation of an idea.

Little can be done for the mind that cannot do this on its own.

Upvote 0

Obzocky

Senior Contributor
Dec 24, 2009
Rain Land
✟33,236.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Did you just call me gay? lol
The thought never even crossed my mind :p

I assure you, I'm quite heterosexual and have a healthy libido; I, do, however, not find pictures of women exciting; as they hold very little dimension in terms of who they are, and are a mere representation of an idea.

Little can be done for the mind that cannot do this on its own.

^_^

Oh I believe you.
But this seems like an excellent diversion tactic.

More beautiful people.

At her peak Camilla Henemark was simply breath taking. She still is, but not in the same way. Also Jean-Pierre Barda, again at his peak, was a very beautiful man. Even Alexander Bard, although he is more of a unique taste.
Army_of_Lovers.jpg

Upvote 0

Nom De Guerre

May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The thought never even crossed my mind :p

^_^

Oh I believe you.
But this seems like an excellent diversion tactic.

Diversion to what, that AL is gorgeous and I'm not lusting over her? That I think that modelling is an art that some people appreciate and others not? She's wearing clothing, the same as a woman that would wear a bikini; should I say that I wouldn't be attracted to her physically!? Hardly, I already said that I think she's gorgeous.

There's tons and tons of beautiful women in this world, and unless I actually feel like she and I have a connection then there's really nothing there for me; like I said a picture is a really really really far stretch for me to be excited about, it's nothing like having a woman gently touch your arm and tell you something sweet with her eyes.. now that, that's something worth being excited about.

So, again, I'll reiterate, photographs of women don't do it for me.

Reactions: Obzocky
Upvote 0