Beaten up by little sister. Does that mean she's stronger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sounds like she's more willing to fight dirty than you are. Which is a good thing, you just need to make sure your restrained strength is greater than her all-out strength. For that, it sounds like you could benefit from weight training and Judo or Jujitsu. One of the latter two will teach you escapes, holds, and locks. The goal is restraining her without injuring her.

I wouldn't recommend telling this to anyone you train with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
HI garnet64

you really shouldn't be concerned about your physical strength, Elohim does not want us physically fighting with other human beings.

It seems as tho your pride has been hurt? scripture warns against pride, A man's pride will bring him low, But a humble spirit will obtain honor.

Pride is spoken 49 times in scripture.

Forgive your sister, love her and always be there for her, in you doing these watch how Elohim will work
and you will see a change in her towards you.

ps it might be well worth you finding out why she was so determined to go out that night

Every blessing.

Upvote 0

garnett64

Jan 17, 2018
London
✟16,061.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd just like to clear this up, there will be no police involvement whatsoever. My parents have agreed to take her to a couple of therapy sessions due to the lack of empathy. She's been raised right, we're looking into what is causing this aggression.

Also, she attacked me again. I was watching a movie by myself on the couch. My sister walked in, also sat on the couch. She wrapped her legs around my waist and squeezed, just for no reason whatsoever. I was submitting but she didn't let go for a good 5 minutes. She was reading her kindle while squeezing me like she wasn't even trying. She said not to tell our parents or she'll "make it worse".

I'm so fed up at this point, I'm starting to genuinely hate her which I know is wrong. She's just so arrogant, thinks she's so tough when all she does is spam the same old tired wrestling move which doesn't even require strength.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, she attacked me again. I was watching a movie by myself on the couch. My sister walked in, also sat on the couch. She wrapped her legs around my waist and squeezed, just for no reason whatsoever. I was submitting but she didn't let go for a good 5 minutes. She was reading her kindle while squeezing me like she wasn't even trying. She said not to tell our parents or she'll "make it worse".
It seems like she is now bullying you knowing that she can overpower you. She would still do it even if you do not tell your parents, so I would suggest you bring it up to your parents to let them deal with her.

Have you considered learning Wing Chun like I suggested earlier? It is a very effective self-defense martial art which Bruce Lee used. It would give you back some control and stop her from abusing you any further.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
On the serious side I think you have work to do on your relationship with her, and your mum n dad have some work to do on her as well. On the light side, I did find it a little funny you told on your little sister for beating you up... Twice.... I did like her girl power thing. The upside is she can handle herself against others that may try to harm her... Downside is a bit of anger management

Upvote 0

garnett64

Jan 17, 2018
London
✟16,061.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It seems like she is now bullying you knowing that she can overpower you. She would still do it even if you do not tell your parents, so I would suggest you bring it up to your parents to let them deal with her.

Have you considered learning Wing Chun like I suggested earlier? It is a very effective self-defense martial art which Bruce Lee used. It would give you back some control and stop her from abusing you any further.

How long would it take to learn it? I don't want to be learning something for 3 months all while she's still doing this. I think I need an immediate solution.

I would 100% be able to overpower her and restrain her, if only she didn't do that leg squeeze move.

Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How long would it take to learn it? I don't want to be learning something for 3 months all while she's still doing this. I think I need an immediate solution.

I would 100% be able to overpower her and restrain her, if only she didn't do that leg squeeze move.
It would take a while to learn though. But you can bring it up to the instructor to teach you first how to counteract that leg squeeze move while you are still in the process of learning.

As long as your sister knows she can control you that way with no consequence whatsoever, she will continue to do it. I don't think there is any immediate solution unless your parents are willing to step in and give your sister heavy penalty whenever your sister does that to act as a deterrent. That would mean you will need to discuss with your parents.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lily of Valleys

Jun 30, 2017
Australia
✟68,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would like to add that as long as you need to rely on your parents to stop her from bullying you, your sister will never pay any respect to you until either you can control her or she realized that her behavior is wrong.

Something you can consider is to set up a reward system with her, such as rewarding her (e.g. buy her something she likes or take her to somewhere she wants to go) at the end of the week if she behaves well for the whole week.

If you decide to learn Wing Chun, I would suggest you look up a reputable school yourself (I have taken down the link I posted earlier since it seems like they also teach qigong, which is New Age)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TerryWoodenpic

Nov 23, 2017
Oldham
✟39,925.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I rather doubt there is anything wrong with the girl at all. I think this is just a dysfunctional relationship. By now she has learnt from you, that she is smarter than you, and is a better fighter than you. It is nothing to do with being female or younger than you, and you male and near twice her age.. if she had been a boy you would be in exactly the same position.

It is not luck that she knew how to take advantage of the situation, and what to do to overcome you.

Talk of police and locking up is totally ridiculous. Get over it and learn to cope.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'd just like to clear this up, there will be no police involvement whatsoever. My parents have agreed to take her to a couple of therapy sessions due to the lack of empathy. She's been raised right, we're looking into what is causing this aggression.

I'm so fed up at this point, I'm starting to genuinely hate her which I know is wrong. She's just so arrogant, thinks she's so tough when all she does is spam the same old tired wrestling move which doesn't even require strength.

I know how you feel. Ignore her threats! I'm genuinely worried that therapy isn't going to help at this point. Partly because some therapists aren't as educated as others. Do you think she might be using drugs?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I would like to add that as long as you need to rely on your parents to stop her from bullying you, your sister will never pay any respect to you until either you can control her or she realized that her behavior is wrong.

It's her parents' job, not her brother's!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
AMBASSADOR HAT

15DA292D-CC12-4F8B-8B4B-CFE64F5D974B.jpeg

Please remember that this is a No Debate forum. Address your responses directly to the OP.

Upvote 0

DominicBaptiste

Oct 16, 2017
North Alabama
✟21,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It has NOTHING to do with being female! NOTHING! Something has gone drastically wrong in that family or the eleven-year-old would know that getting physical isn't an option. That girl has an anger problem. A professional needs to get at the root of it.
I have many women in my family, and I know exactly what I'm talking about. God Bless

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Wow and she's 11. This kid is pretty amazing you have to give her that

Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm a 21 year old man, my 11 year old sister was trying to sneak out of the house at like 8pm. I stopped her but she was really insistent on going (our parents weren't home). I took her phone from her and told her she wasn't going anywhere before I call our parents.

She was really mad, she was in tears and was screaming at me. Then she starts punching and kicking me trying to get her phone back. One of the punches lands hard in my stomach and I get winded. The next thing I know she's dragged me to the ground and she's got her thighs wrapped around my neck squeezing really hard. I'm unable to remove her legs and can't breathe so I give her the phone back and submit.

She refuses to let go, she tells me to give me my phone. I do this, then she goes to the bathroom, throws my phone in the toilet and flushes it.

I go up to her and (I'm not proud of this) hit her. She again manages to floor me and wrap her thighs around my neck and I'm just desperately tapping on her legs indicating submission but she doesn't let go and I pass out.

My parents have grounded her and she has to pay for my new phone.

How do I regain control over her? She's an annoying little SJW who constantly wears "girl power" shirts. I'm scared than she's going to think she's stronger than me? Even though she caught me off-guard both times and it was fluky.

I'm a little insecure about my strength, but the weakest man is still stronger than 99% of women right? And definitely stronger than a child?

This is the muscle difference between us. Just to say that I'm tensing and she's not, but it doesn't matter since I still think I have the superior muscle definition untensed. Not to mention that I'm a guy too.

Her: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Me (tensing): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Me (tensing): Imgur: The magic of the Internet

We were measured a while ago, she had 14 inch calves and 20 inch thighs. I had 9.5 inch calves and 15 inch thighs so I'm a little insecure about that too but I'm pretty sure she's just got fatty legs.

She is only seems stronger because all she has to use is her hands and feet to be violent towards you because she is 11. I think you should consider yourself lucky that you did not bruise her badly because you would have been in a lot of trouble and now shes paying for the actions of her consequences.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.