Beaten 40 times for witness. Family forced to flee. Risks eviction for faith.

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,079.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
  • Jan. 25, 2024 | Mexico​

Bold Witness Beaten 40 Times

[13] prayers in [1] nation have been posted for Gabriela.
    Gabriela continues to advance the gospel in rural Mexico amid ongoing opposition.
    Gabriela lives in a rural village in Oaxaca, Mexico, where members of her Mixteca community adhere to Christo-paganism, a syncretistic blend of pagan practices and Roman Catholicism that is opposed to the gospel. Because of her boldness in sharing her faith, she has been attacked by her neighbors as well as her husband, who is embarrassed by her commitment to Christ. She has been beaten an estimated 40 times and hospitalized on several occasions. Read More.
  • Jan. 25, 2024 | Middle East​

Family Forced to Flee

[6] prayers in [1] nation have been posted for Pastor Maged.
    The Great Pyramid of Giza, near Cairo
    Pastor Maged was planting a church in a rural part of Egypt when his family came under severe persecution. Repeatedly they fled, and repeatedly they were pressured. Eventually, they were forced to live underground where raw sewage seeped into their basement living quarters. After some time, they relocated to another Arab nation where Pastor Maged is active in church leadership. Read More.
  • Jan. 25, 2024 | Laos​

Brother Risks Eviction by Choosing to Honor God

[7] prayers in [1] nation have been posted for Mr. Wru.
    Villagers have threatened to evict Wru for his faith.
    While Wru was making funeral arrangements for his mother in July 2023, the village headman asked permission to play a game that involved gambling during the funeral observances. Funeral observances in Laotian villages are often considered community affairs and include a variety of activities. Wru told the headman no, stating, "I am a Christian, and I want to give honor to my God. I do not support the idea of gambling, especially in my mother's funeral." The village headman, feeling that he had "lost face" in the interaction, was angry and threatened to kick Wru and any other Christians out of the village. Read More.