• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Be Encouraged!!!

T

teairrah11

I was diagnosed with OCD when I was 15 years old. I truly believe that by the stripes of Jesus I am healed from OCD. I don’t care what it looks like, how overwhelming it feels, or the thoughts that run through my mind. I AM HEALED!!!!!! I AM HEALED!!!!!! And I want you to know that YOU ARE TOO!

When I wake up in the morning to pray before heading to work, words can’t describe the heavy burden I feel because I know the battle I might have to face. Casting down unwanted thoughts and repeating certain parts of my prayer over and over again have caused me to be late for work and my prayers to exceed 2 hours at times. Just a few days ago, like I’ve done many mornings, I called my sister so that she could pray with me but before I could get a word out, I broke out into tears because I felt tired mentally, tired of struggling day after day. But I know there is something, this peace within me that knows Yahweh is holding me and telling me not to give up.

I’ve decided to turn the television off, I love HGTV so this wasn’t an easy decision, and fast a couple times a month in order to quiet myself and allow my mind to be renewed by the promises Yahweh made to me in His Word concerning His love for me and healing. In those moments of silence and reading, He revealed to me the ultimate cure from OCD: LOVE and FAITH. The Bible says Yahweh will quiet us with His love (Zephaniah 3:17) and before we ever knew Him He loved us (Romans 5:8) When I really, really think about How much He loves me. WOW!!! Instantly the anxiety, fear, and worry goes away and I feel “my help”; like I can make it. Faith is something that we Christians must learn to live by every second of our lives. I truly believe from my own experience with OCD, that the sickness revealed my lack of trust in Yahweh. Trust that He really understands the complexity of this sickness and knows that those things I might say, do, worry about, and think no matter how terrible and horrifying are all apart of OCD. Trust that His Son Jesus has taking away the sins of the world and there is absolutely no sin, NO SIN, which I can’t be forgiven for when I ask. Trust that His son Jesus really paid the price for me and saw my face when He took OCD to the cross. Sometimes the truth of Yahweh’s Word is drowned out by the pain I experience, but I just hold on to faith and to His love with every thing I have, every day. I encourage you to do the same.

B

babychrist

I was diagnosed with OCD when I was 15 years old. I truly believe that by the stripes of Jesus I am healed from OCD. I don’t care what it looks like, how overwhelming it feels, or the thoughts that run through my mind. I AM HEALED!!!!!! I AM HEALED!!!!!! And I want you to know that YOU ARE TOO!

When I wake up in the morning to pray before heading to work, words can’t describe the heavy burden I feel because I know the battle I might have to face. Casting down unwanted thoughts and repeating certain parts of my prayer over and over again have caused me to be late for work and my prayers to exceed 2 hours at times. Just a few days ago, like I’ve done many mornings, I called my sister so that she could pray with me but before I could get a word out, I broke out into tears because I felt tired mentally, tired of struggling day after day. But I know there is something, this peace within me that knows Yahweh is holding me and telling me not to give up.

I’ve decided to turn the television off, I love HGTV so this wasn’t an easy decision, and fast a couple times a month in order to quiet myself and allow my mind to be renewed by the promises Yahweh made to me in His Word concerning His love for me and healing. In those moments of silence and reading, He revealed to me the ultimate cure from OCD: LOVE and FAITH. The Bible says Yahweh will quiet us with His love (Zephaniah 3:17) and before we ever knew Him He loved us (Romans 5:8) When I really, really think about How much He loves me. WOW!!! Instantly the anxiety, fear, and worry goes away and I feel “my help”; like I can make it. Faith is something that we Christians must learn to live by every second of our lives. I truly believe from my own experience with OCD, that the sickness revealed my lack of trust in Yahweh. Trust that He really understands the complexity of this sickness and knows that those things I might say, do, worry about, and think no matter how terrible and horrifying are all apart of OCD. Trust that His Son Jesus has taking away the sins of the world and there is absolutely no sin, NO SIN, which I can’t be forgiven for when I ask. Trust that His son Jesus really paid the price for me and saw my face when He took OCD to the cross. Sometimes the truth of Yahweh’s Word is drowned out by the pain I experience, but I just hold on to faith and to His love with every thing I have, every day. I encourage you to do the same.

I do think you're right in that lack of trust is a major factor (if not a catalyst) of OCD. We tell one another...have faith..have faith..trust...trust. But it doesn't work, because we can't make ourselves believe. That's one of the problems with OCD. We all want to trust...the want is not lacking...it's that we (for whatever reason) are not capable of that trust. We can't acquire it (or, if we do, we can't sustain it).

BC

Upvote 0

Tonyy2

Nov 18, 2010
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
Amen. Thanks for writing that encouraging post. I agree with what you said ocd is a lack of trust. Sometimes in oursleves and definitely in God. I deal with that also. But i think atleast for me that when i do try to "trust" i dont "feel" like im trusting so then the doubt comes all over. But we must leave behind some of our anxiety and worry and just let God. He does understand and He can help us. !!

Upvote 0