Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Be Careful With Prophetic Words Given in This Season

July 24, 2020
I dreamt that I was seeing a prophet a recognize, but I am not sure if she was representing prophets in this dream. She had short black hair. She was on a stage. I could only see all black and the stage. The whole lights were out in the place and there was light where she was, but it wasn’t bright. A teenager was to her right. I knew it was either the daughter or son of the prophet. The prophet had a microphone and she was reading from a white office/computer paper. I knew I was at a conference and I knew there were many people sitting there, but I could only sense they were there. It seemed like the prophet was teaching the teenager to prophesy. The prophet started to read from the paper, but it was like I knew there was something wrong. Like some of the things she was saying/prophesying were ok, but others were not right. I don’t know if in the writing, like the grammar, or the context. I don’t remember what she said, all I know is there was something wrong, not complete that made me become aware and suspicious that there was something wrong. As I wondered what was in the paper, I was shown the paper and suddenly I was in an office. The office was brown in color, like if I was looking through a sand color filter. I saw a male congratulate a woman. She was the one who wrote the paper and gave it to the prophet. The woman said she didn’t think it was that good. The prophet entered the office and said something about how the paper was good, but there were some mistakes in the conjugations. I know she said something else, like there were some mistakes in the spelling (like the adverbs, verbs, subject, etc.) but I only remember the word conjugation. I woke up.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for posting. It's always good to check things out.

Same with preachers, teachers, etc like the Bereans did. Acts 17:12-15).

What is to be done with a prophetic word?. "'Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21 So what prophets say is to be tested.

Some additional steps are needed to prove all things such as:
-checking it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-asking The Holy Spirit and hearing His voice for ourselves, confirmation (Matt 18:16; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12; II Cor 13:1)
-fasting,
-spiritual discernment,
-does it point to Yeshua,
-receiving G_dly counsel (Prov 11:14).
-Also, "This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before concerning thee, that thou by them mightest wage a good warfare," I Tm 1:18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I dreamt that I was seeing a prophet

Why do you regard this dream as prophetic?

What message is there in it?

May I suggest you read 1 For 14:29-33 about prophetic words being evaluated by the elders and other prophets in the local church.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It says they were at a conference so the local church procedures wouldn't apply here. Though being at a conference, there might have been several prophets there.

There being a mixture is what confuses some.Though that's usually the way it is. By the writer of what was on the paper saying it wasnt that good, it means it wasnt from the Lord. Not that correction doesnt come - again it goes back to context.

Been at a church conference where an interpretation of tongues was given but it was off. The group just continued to be quiet, praying, Then the correct interpretation came, We all make mistakes in service. Can you imagine the pride issue if we didnt? However, we need discerning of spirits and asks the Holy Spirit to guide us to all truth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

July 24, 2020
I dreamt that I was seeing a prophet a recognize, but I am not sure if she was representing prophets in this dream. She had short black hair. She was on a stage. I could only see all black and the stage. The whole lights were out in the place and there was light where she was, but it wasn’t bright. A teenager was to her right. I knew it was either the daughter or son of the prophet. The prophet had a microphone and she was reading from a white office/computer paper. I knew I was at a conference and I knew there were many people sitting there, but I could only sense they were there. It seemed like the prophet was teaching the teenager to prophesy. The prophet started to read from the paper, but it was like I knew there was something wrong. Like some of the things she was saying/prophesying were ok, but others were not right. I don’t know if in the writing, like the grammar, or the context. I don’t remember what she said, all I know is there was something wrong, not complete that made me become aware and suspicious that there was something wrong. As I wondered what was in the paper, I was shown the paper and suddenly I was in an office. The office was brown in color, like if I was looking through a sand color filter. I saw a male congratulate a woman. She was the one who wrote the paper and gave it to the prophet. The woman said she didn’t think it was that good. The prophet entered the office and said something about how the paper was good, but there were some mistakes in the conjugations. I know she said something else, like there were some mistakes in the spelling (like the adverbs, verbs, subject, etc.) but I only remember the word conjugation. I woke up.
I think your takeaway is spot on. I can't give details, but I know for certain there are some popular Prophets out there today who have compromised their integrity and are releasing "words" about what is currently going in the world soley for personal benefit. Caution is extremely important right now.

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why do you regard this dream as prophetic?

What message is there in it?

May I suggest you read 1 For 14:29-33 about prophetic words being evaluated by the elders and other prophets in the local church.
Years of experience. I am just a messenger of God. My dreams tend to be a confirmation of what God is already saying to others.

The message is to be careful because there are some known prophets that are fabricating "Words from the Lord". They are been fabricated in their office, which don't have heavenly light, its a desert (sand color).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Years of experience. I am just a messenger of God. My dreams tend to be a confirmation of what God is already saying to others.

The message is to be careful because there are some known prophets that are fabricating "Words from the Lord". They are been fabricated in their office, which don't have heavenly light, its a desert (sand color).

So it is only on your assurance, there has been no evaluation by your minister or by others who are experienced in prophercy etc.i

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So it is only on your assurance, there has been no evaluation by your minister or by others who are experienced in prophercy etc.i
I am a minister with considerable experience in the prophetic and I evaluated it and believe it is accurate. Further I have direct knowledge of areas where it is absolutely true.

Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a minister with considerable experience in the prophetic and I evaluated it and believe it is accurate. Further I have direct knowledge of areas where it is absolutely true.

Your position, experience and knowledge are irrelevant.
The biblical instruction is that All prophetic messages should be evaluated by others.

That it has not been so mean to me it is valueless.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Your position, experience and knowledge are irrelevant.
The biblical instruction is that All prophetic messages should be evaluated by others.

That it has not been so mean to me it is valueless.
So then, was your previous statement in error, or is this one? Because they completely contradict one another which makes them both valueless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then, was your previous statement in error, or is this one? Because they completely contradict one another which makes them both valueless.

I have consistently been asking about who has validated this " prophetic " message.
It has not been validated, so is not a prophetic message.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have consistently been asking about who has validated this " prophetic " message.
And I said that I have validated it, so there you go.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The Bible say validated by others.

Only Jesus's words were self validating when said by him.
I'm, you do realize I am an "other"? I'm not the one that had the prophetic dream. I commented before you got here and said that I felt it was valid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

July 24, 2020

Good sound interpretation, sister!

The paper she is reading from being office/computer paper confirms that it is ultimately coming from his office, and the spotlight being on her exclusively suggests a glorification of self at the expense of others, and of being an entertainer of sorts. Them going over it in private again suggests that performance is in view, where grammar and polished presentation are what is important.

God bless. I don't keep up with popular mainstream "prophets," because I don't put much stock in them. But I do recall when I used to view them on television how they were all about image. Even the title of "prophet" was worn like some sort of badge that elevated them above others, when in reality it is simply a ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ like many others, where all of the body of Christ is included in the work, and not just some special few.

Good to see you posting, and still receiving dreams from the Lord.
Hidden In Him

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The Bible say validated by others.

Only Jesus's words were self validating when said by him.
Agreed. Words received are to be examined and validated by others thru confirmation by The Holy Spirit.

This word has been submitted here for validation, and has been found to be lacking. Thus, it is just a dream and not an inspired Word.

• Agree
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

fwGod

Dec 19, 2005
✟65,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The dream focuses on grammar mistakes, so that sounds like a teachers worst nightmare. There's nothing otherwise in the dream that gives any useful insight in how to better discern a prophecy spoken by a prophet.

As is ultimately right because it's the Holy Spirit that inspires prophecy so the Holy Spirit is responsible to make it useful to all. So when the dream content is not getting a message across to all, then it's not from the Holy Spirit. Or it is from God but it's just for the one person who dreamed it.

• Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"...don’t know if in the writing, like the grammar, or the context. I don’t remember what she said, all I know is there was something wrong, not complete that made me become aware and suspicious that there was something wrong."

That's more than grammar mistakes. That would mean to pray and asks God about it. Then sometimes He says pray for them and don't speak of it to others or speak of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Why do you presume a "minister" has better credentials to evaluate the OP than those here who reply? Does a badge of office or title give him higher status?

• Agree
Reactions: Hidden In Him
Upvote 0