Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
So the Paradise is a place where faithfuls can live happily forever. But what does the "approval from Allah" mean? Does that mean a better place than the Paradise is at somewhere? If not, would it be that anyone who is qualified to go to the Paradise HAVE OBTAINED the approval from Allah? If so, what is that clause there?

The pleasure of Allaah is the reward of the inhabitants of Paradise and that is the greatest reward of all.

Allaah will say, "This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness." For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allaah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment. (Surah al-Ma'idah 5:119)

Entry to Paradise itself is mentioned as the great reward in the Qur'aan several times and the inhabitants of Jannah will think there is nothing greater than it when Allaah asks them if He should give them something even better:

The Prophet said, "Allaah, the Exalted and Ever High, will say to the people of Paradise, 'O residents of Paradise!' They will say, 'Labbayka (here we are!), our Lord, and Sa'dayk (we are happy at your service!) and all the good is in Your Hand.' He will ask them, 'Are you pleased' They will say, 'Why would not we be pleased, O Lord, while You have given us what You have not given any other of your creation' He will say, 'Should I give you what is better than all this' They will say, 'O Lord! What is better than all this' He will say, 'I will grant you My pleasure and will never afterwards be angry with you.' [Saheeh al Bukhaari & Muslim]

Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The pleasure of Allaah is the reward of the inhabitants of Paradise and that is the greatest reward of all.

Allaah will say, "This is the Day when the truthful will benefit from their truthfulness." For them are gardens [in Paradise] beneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide forever, Allaah being pleased with them, and they with Him. That is the great attainment. (Surah al-Ma'idah 5:119)

Entry to Paradise itself is mentioned as the great reward in the Qur'aan several times and the inhabitants of Jannah will think there is nothing greater than it when Allaah asks them if He should give them something even better:

The Prophet said, "Allaah, the Exalted and Ever High, will say to the people of Paradise, 'O residents of Paradise!' They will say, 'Labbayka (here we are!), our Lord, and Sa'dayk (we are happy at your service!) and all the good is in Your Hand.' He will ask them, 'Are you pleased' They will say, 'Why would not we be pleased, O Lord, while You have given us what You have not given any other of your creation' He will say, 'Should I give you what is better than all this' They will say, 'O Lord! What is better than all this' He will say, 'I will grant you My pleasure and will never afterwards be angry with you.' [Saheeh al Bukhaari & Muslim]

OK, another very basic question: Who can go to the Paradise? Is the criterion complicate or simple?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
OK, another very basic question: Who can go to the Paradise? Is the criterion complicate or simple?
Lo! Those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans – whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Dayand doeth right – surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.[Quran2:62]

Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians – Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right – there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.[Quran5:69]

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private

Those who worshipped Allaah alone. This means not giving Him any partners nor ascribing any of His Attributes to those other than Him. He is One in Lordship, worship, and His Names and Attributes. All those who had an atom's weight/mustard seed's weight of faith in their hearts will be granted Paradise (this automatically means that they didn't commit any acts of major disbelief that take one out of the fold of Islaam without repenting).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Those who worshipped Allaah alone. This means not giving Him any partners nor ascribing any of His Attributes to those other than Him. He is One in Lordship, worship, and His Names and Attributes. All those who had an atom's weight/mustard seed's weight of faith in their hearts will be granted Paradise (this automatically means that they didn't commit any acts of major disbelief that take one out of the fold of Islaam).

This is troublesome. If one believes in Allah, BUT did some terrible things, such as murder, does the person have a chance to repent and still go to the Paradise? Where to put a limit (how many times? how many people hurt? etc) on this situation then?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lo! Those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Christians, and Sabaeans – whoever believeth in Allah and the Last Dayand doeth right – surely their reward is with their Lord, and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.[Quran2:62]

Lo! those who believe, and those who are Jews, and Sabaeans, and Christians – Whosoever believeth in Allah and the Last Day and doeth right – there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.[Quran5:69]

I guess one can not accept any other gods other than Allah. Right?

What would a Muslim leader tell a Christian to do when the person is trying to convert to a Muslim? Does he have to renounce Jesus Christ publicly? Or he need to publicly announce his faith to Allah? Is there a ritual for the conversion?

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I guess one can not accept any other gods other than Allah. Right?

What would a Muslim leader tell a Christian to do when the person is trying to convert to a Muslim? Does he have to renounce Jesus Christ publicly? Or he need to publicly announce his faith to Allah? Is there a ritual for the conversion?

Any person wishing to become a Muslim should pronounce the shahadah before at least two witnesses. The Shahadah translated is "I bear witness that there is no God by the the God and Muhammad is the Messenger of God." Usually they will say it in Arabic:

Ash-hadu an laa ilaaha illallah wa ash-hadu anna Muhammadan rasulullah

As for renouncing Jesus, why would a Muslim do that? They believe in Jesus!

Upvote 0
Jan 25, 2013
✟58,740.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Private
This is troublesome. If one believes in Allah, BUT did some terrible things, such as murder, does the person have a chance to repent and still go to the Paradise? Where to put a limit (how many times? how many people hurt? etc) on this situation then?

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allaah . Indeed, Allaah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

Everybody can repent and be forgiven. The doors of repentance are always open so long as one is alive. Even if a Muslim doesn't repent from major sins before dying, the only unforgivable sin if one dies without repenting (after the message of Islaam has reached them) is major disbelief. The intentional murder of innocents is not an act of major disbelief in and of itself though it is considered a major sin. Muslims may be punished in Hell to be purified of sins but we believe all Muslims will eventually enter:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will say: ‘The angels have interceded, the Prophets have interceded and there is no one left but the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.’ Then He will take a handful from Hell, and will bring out people who never did any good and who will have turned into charcoal. He will throw them into a river on the outskirts of Paradise that is called the River of Life, and they will emerge like seeds in the silt carried by a flood. … They will emerge like pearls with jewels around their necks, and the people of Paradise will recognize them. These are the ones ransomed by Allaah, whom Allaah admitted to Paradise with no good deed that they did or sent on ahead. Then He will say: ‘Enter Paradise, and whatever you see is yours.’ They will say: ‘Our Lord, You have given us what You have never given to anyone else in creation.’ He will say: ‘You will have something better than that with Me.’ They will say, ‘O Lord, what could be better than this?’ He will say, ‘My good pleasure, for I will never be angry with you again.’” [Saheeh al Bukhaari]

In a narration that is relevant to your questions, the Prophet also told us the story about the man who killed 99 people (which became 100 in his quest for repentance):

“Among those who came before you was a man who killed 99 people. He then asked to be guided to the most prolific worshipper from the inhabitants of the earth, and he was directed to a monk. He went to him and told him that he had killed 99 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The monk said, ‘No.’ The man killed him, thus making him the 100th victim.

He then asked to be directed to the most knowledgeable of the Earth’s inhabitants, and he was guided to a scholar. He went to him and told him that he had killed 100 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The scholar said, ‘Yes, and who will stand between you and repentance. Go to such and such land, for in it dwell a people who worship Allaah, so go and worship Allaah with them. And do not return to your land, for it is indeed a land of evil.’

He left, and when he reached the halfway point of his journey, he died. The angels of Mercy and the angels of Punishment disputed with one another [in regard to his case]. The angels of Mercy said, ‘He came to us repentant, advancing with his heart towards Allaah.’ The angels of Punishment said, ‘Indeed, he never performed any good deeds.’ Then an angel came in the form of a human being, and both groups of angels asked him to be the judge between them. He said, ‘Measure the distance between the two lands. Whichever land he is closer to is the land that he is closer to [in terms of being of its people]. They then measured the distance and found that he was closer to the land that he was heading towards, and so it was the angels of Mercy who then took his soul.”
[Saheeh al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

We're told in another narration that it is Allaah who commanded the land the man was leaving from to move away and the land he was going toward to come closer and then the angels measured the distance between the man and the two lands.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
One of my favorite tales of the Judgement and the Afterlife is one given by al-Ghazzali in his Book of Fear and Hope. It seems that when a person who had died was presented before God, he heard God say"Your sins are many" and then therefore turned away to go to hell. Then suddenly he turned back again and said, "They told me You would not be this way!" and for this all of his sins were forgiven for he relied on God's compassion, not His justice.

Reactions: Niblo
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allaah . Indeed, Allaah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." (Surah az-Zumar 39:53)

Everybody can repent and be forgiven. The doors of repentance are always open so long as one is alive. Even if a Muslim doesn't repent from major sins before dying, the only unforgivable sin if one dies without repenting (after the message of Islaam has reached them) is major disbelief. The intentional murder of innocents is not an act of major disbelief in and of itself though it is considered a major sin. Muslims may be punished in Hell to be purified of sins but we believe all Muslims will eventually enter:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will say: ‘The angels have interceded, the Prophets have interceded and there is no one left but the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.’ Then He will take a handful from Hell, and will bring out people who never did any good and who will have turned into charcoal. He will throw them into a river on the outskirts of Paradise that is called the River of Life, and they will emerge like seeds in the silt carried by a flood. … They will emerge like pearls with jewels around their necks, and the people of Paradise will recognize them. These are the ones ransomed by Allaah, whom Allaah admitted to Paradise with no good deed that they did or sent on ahead. Then He will say: ‘Enter Paradise, and whatever you see is yours.’ They will say: ‘Our Lord, You have given us what You have never given to anyone else in creation.’ He will say: ‘You will have something better than that with Me.’ They will say, ‘O Lord, what could be better than this?’ He will say, ‘My good pleasure, for I will never be angry with you again.’” [Saheeh al Bukhaari]

In a narration that is relevant to your questions, the Prophet also told us the story about the man who killed 99 people (which became 100 in his quest for repentance):

“Among those who came before you was a man who killed 99 people. He then asked to be guided to the most prolific worshipper from the inhabitants of the earth, and he was directed to a monk. He went to him and told him that he had killed 99 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The monk said, ‘No.’ The man killed him, thus making him the 100th victim.

He then asked to be directed to the most knowledgeable of the Earth’s inhabitants, and he was guided to a scholar. He went to him and told him that he had killed 100 people, and he asked whether it was possible for him to repent. The scholar said, ‘Yes, and who will stand between you and repentance. Go to such and such land, for in it dwell a people who worship Allaah, so go and worship Allaah with them. And do not return to your land, for it is indeed a land of evil.’

He left, and when he reached the halfway point of his journey, he died. The angels of Mercy and the angels of Punishment disputed with one another [in regard to his case]. The angels of Mercy said, ‘He came to us repentant, advancing with his heart towards Allaah.’ The angels of Punishment said, ‘Indeed, he never performed any good deeds.’ Then an angel came in the form of a human being, and both groups of angels asked him to be the judge between them. He said, ‘Measure the distance between the two lands. Whichever land he is closer to is the land that he is closer to [in terms of being of its people]. They then measured the distance and found that he was closer to the land that he was heading towards, and so it was the angels of Mercy who then took his soul.”
[Saheeh al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

We're told in another narration that it is Allaah who commanded the land the man was leaving from to move away and the land he was going toward to come closer and then the angels measured the distance between the man and the two lands.

Thanks for the explanation and the story. Very good.

Now, if a good person and a bad person, but converted at the last minute, both go to the Paradise, would it be very unfair to the good person?

Upvote 0

juvenissun

Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One of my favorite tales of the Judgement and the Afterlife is one given by al-Ghazzali in his Book of Fear and Hope. It seems that when a person who had died was presented before God, he heard God say"Your sins are many" and then therefore turned away to go to hell. Then suddenly he turned back again and said, "They told me You would not be this way!" and for this all of his sins were forgiven for he relied on God's compassion, not His justice.

Are you suggesting that a person goes to the hell but still has chance to repent and back to the Paradise?

Upvote 0

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Mod Hat On

This thread has run its course and closed permanently because you guys can't play nice and have a civil discussion. Because you guys want to slam each others beliefs it's going to be closed for good. In the future if you want to avoid thread closures start addressing the post,treat each other with respect and don't attack each other or each others beliefs.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.