barr's mueller report summary is like witnessing a murder and being told it never happened

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
barr's mueller report summary is like witnessing a murder and being told it never happened

The lawyer who crafted the current legislation under which the Special Investigator operates made an interesting observation on MSNBC that will probably pass under the radar

Under the existing rules at that time, the Special Investigations of both the Watergate and Whitewater Reports were given the freedom to seek judicial rulings that would make relevant Grand Jury testimony available to the Congressional Committees - providing them with a better understanding of the issues.

That option is not longer available to Mueller, but is to Barr - the fact that this Attorney General, who is certainly aware of these precedents, has chosen not to seek such a Grand Jury judicial waiver can only be interpreted as a deliberate attempt to suppress testimony that would be detrimental to the President!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
BECAUSE YOU WERE YELLING IN THE OP.

But anyways, the article you linked to, while I thank Newsweek for labeling it opinion, contains a pet peeve of mine. The writer stated, among other things:

"Trump’s invitation to Moscow to hack Hillary’s emails"

I remember watching Trump make that remark and it was clearly a joke. But the simpleton wants to

repeat it as if it was serious. I dislike when people do that so much and I've seen it so many times I thougt there might be a name for it. So I asked this question:

Is there a name for this?
Trump mentioned WikiLeaks approximately 150 times during his 2016 Election campaign - including his infamous "I love WikiLeaks" quote!

When asked about Julian Assange's arrest in London today the President stated, "I know nothing about WikiLeaks, its not my thing!"

Presumably this President takes the rest of us for "simpletons!"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Trump mentioned WikiLeaks approximately 150 times during his 2016 Election campaign - including his infamous "I love WikiLeaks" quote!

When asked about Julian Assange's arrest in London today the President stated, "I know nothing about WikiLeaks, its not my thing!"

Presumably this President takes the rest of us for "simpletons!"

Maybe we should have someone investigate those allegations?

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Good luck with getting some folks to believe that, on the other hand if you mention unicorns you'll be asked "where, where"??

:doh:
The President can claim that he wants the Mueller Report released, but apparently his 3rd Attorney General in 2 years didn't get the memo!

Trump and Barr are playing a variation of "good cop, bad cop," with his Attorney General introducing of the next chapter of the ongoing "mystery" by portraying the President as the innocent victim of "illegal spying" by his own "palace guard" - but in this version, there's no need for evidence!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,362.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump is not preventing it from being released.

The House of Representatives, in mid-March, voted 420–0 to release the report—a display of bipartisanship that itself typically exists, these days, merely in imagine if terms. On Tuesday, however, Trump described the ongoing calls to share the document as a “disgrace” and a “waste of time.”
University of Southern California law professor Orin Kerr posted a tweet. “Imagine if,” Kerr wrote, “the Starr Report had been provided only to President Clinton’s Attorney General, Janet Reno, who then read it privately and published a 4-page letter based on her private reading stating her conclusion that President Clinton committed no crimes.”

The Scams Are Winning

Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The President can claim that he wants the Mueller Report released, but apparently his 3rd Attorney General in 2 years didn't get the memo!

Trump and Barr are playing a variation of "good cop, bad cop," with his Attorney General introducing of the next chapter of the ongoing "mystery" by portraying the President as the innocent victim of "illegal spying" by his own "palace guard" - but in this version, there's no need for evidence!

Wow it must be nice to be able to listen in on all the conversations he has with everybody he interacts with, so how did you manage to accomplish this? :scratch:

Upvote 0