• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Barr assigns prosecutor

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, May 13, 2019.

1. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,461
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    What else would you expect from the Attorney General who characterized Counter-Intelligence investigations as "spying" on the Trump campaign?

2. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,550
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I would agree those choice of words was curious.

With that said, i do think barr knows somethings about how the investigation was started and handled, that is not public knowledge. Quite certain, the IG has updated him on what he has found to date and it isnt sitting well with barr.

We will see what comes of all this, but i think there is more to come.

3. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,548
    Judaism
    Married
    Could also be theater for Donny and his supporters.

4. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,548
    Judaism
    Married
    There will be no gorilla. Just old man yells at cloud.

5. bhsmte

bhsmte Newbie

+11,550
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Something tells me barr doesnt work that way. I could be wrong though.

6. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+5,461
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Curious is being generous. He knew what he was saying. In his remarks prefacing the release of the Mueller Report, he also said there was "no collusion" - a non-legal term that no AG should be using. It will be interesting to see what is discovered, but I have zero confidence in Barr to deliver the results in an objective and professionally legal manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. GreatLakes4Ever

GreatLakes4Ever Active Member

+426
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    No, my math isn’t off. 382x2 (he read and re-read is 764. He did in 2.5 hours (150 minutes) 150/764 is just over .2 minutes or just over 12 seconds per page.

8. GreatLakes4Ever

+426
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    I don’t believe you because I can do math. Each page is near 400 words (except for some heavily redacted pages) if you doubled your reading speed to 720 wpm since high school (which would be very impressive) you still aren’t getting through two pages a minute. Which is problem because the report sitting at 382 pages (I won’t hold the appendices against you) is going to take you 190 minutes (3.167 hours) if you can read two pages a minute. That’s for only reading it once but you said you “read and re-read” it. So assuming you read twice as fast as you did in high school, and can hold that speed indefinitely with no breaks it would take 6.333 hours to “read and re-read” the report.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • List
  9. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,022
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    When was the last time you sat down and set a timer in something you read? Besides that:

I could care less what you think

Once again, this isn’t about me. So go find something else, like the topic of the thread.

10. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+8,420
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. GreatLakes4Ever

+426
    United States
    Humanist
    Engaged
    I know when I was reading the Mueller Report it was taking about two minutes a page to get through. It was by no means light reading.

I don’t like people making false claims like I am convinced you are doing based on simple back of napkins scribbles.

As for the topic, let him dig up whatever he wants. I think Trump desperately wants to divert attention from his foreign issues (North Korea, Iran, Venezuela), his trade issue (China, USMCA/Congress, Wisconsin farmers) and his legal issues (Don Jr being subpoenaed by the Senate, the House knocking at his door) that he is shoving Barr to have this investigated. Maybe it will turn up something maybe not but the important thing is it is shiny and we are supposed to look at it and ignore everything else going on.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  12. whatbogsends

whatbogsends Senior Veteran

+3,667
    Atheist
    Fair enough. I wasn't taking his "re-read" as fully reading the entire report twice. I think we're both in agreement that his claim gives him less than 30 seconds per page (including re-reads).

In fairness, I haven't read all 384 pages, and not multiple times. I've read chunks of the report and read certain parts which I found either interesting or confusing multiple times.

13. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+6,526
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    There are some strange stories circulating about the relationship between William Barr's father, Jeffrey Epstein (whose underage sex parties were frequented by Donald Trump), and the president. Epstein's sentence, considering the severity of his crime, was ridiculous. Alex Acosta, who has been "awarded" the Secretary of Labor, gave Epstein his lite-lite sentence. Barr, who has been "awarded" the AG job, doesn't think the sentence needs to be reviewed. Epstein is back in the Virgin Islands, and may still be operating the Lolita Express.

The Ties That Bind Jeffrey Epstein, William Barr & Donald Trump

In reference to the thread topic....why is Barr putting up diversionary smokescreens to hide the sins of his father, himself, Donald Trump, and Jeffrey Epstein?

• List
  14. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,022
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Sure.

Are you willing to abide by the four investigation on Trump connections with Russia that have happened already?

15. Speedwell

Speedwell Well-Known Member

+8,842
    United States
    Other Religion
    Married
    You mean "No collusion?" LOL!

16. Tanj

Tanj Redefined comfortable middle class

+3,127
    Australia
    Atheist
    Married
    This is just baiting, isn't it hislegacy. I mean, you are just goading irony lovers for a response.

Comey and Rosenstein are republicans. So the infighting is happening in...

17. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+2,829
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    So I did some reading up on USA Durham. If anybody needs to investigate this, he's a good choice. However, nobody needs to investigate this because the DoJ IG is already looking into it and hasn't released his findings yet. Something like this is the exact reason we have IGs in every agency.

18. LoAmmi

LoAmmi Dispassionate

+9,548
    Judaism
    Married
    He told Congress he believed that spying on Trump's campaign happened but when pressed for evidence he admitted he had none. That was a show for a one man audience.

19. hislegacy

hislegacy This is me.

+7,022
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    I find it an interesting defense offered in some places. For two years we heard Trump Russia collusion almost non stop from Democratic leadership and their media talking heads. It was 24/7 collusion until it was evident that it never happened, then it morphed to obstruction - and now it's collusion? LOL who said collusion?

Schiff: ‘Ample evidence of collusion in plain sight’

Chris Wallace challenges Adam Schiff on Trump-Russia collusion 'in plain sight' claim

Maybe Someone should tell Adam Schiff

Wasserman Schultz: Trump Clearly Colluded With Russia And Engaged In Obstruction Of Justice To Cover It Up

Or Wasserman Schultz

https://www.washingtonpost.com/vide...b1f0ff459df_video.html?utm_term=.291d5ac4829a

Or Pelosi

Nadler: 'There was in plain sight open collusion'

or Nadler

20. essentialsaltes

essentialsaltes Stranger in a Strange Land

+8,420
    Atheist
    Legal Union (Other)
    With a number of Trump associates behind bars and Trump saved from indictment by DOJ rules? Sure!