Wales
✟112,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Married
I have started to do barefoot walking in the woods... It feels great to be so in touch with nature.
Do you find a sense of God's presence in nature? Maybe it's easier to find God in the earth than in the sky?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟903,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have started to do barefoot walking in the woods... It feels great to be so in touch with nature.
Do you find a sense of God's presence in nature? Maybe it's easier to find God in the earth than in the sky?
Gods presence is through His Holy Spirit. Nature holds His creation but He gave us direct access through His Spirit.
Blessings

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I have noticed that more people are doing this. Do we really "re-connect" with the earth barefoot?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
The Keep
✟581,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel closer to God when by myself out in nature. The woods are like a God-made cathedral. Maybe I'll try it with my shoes off when the weather gets warmer.

Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟61,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Walking barefoot in a forest or standing in a crowded subway wearing uncomfortable shoes. I feel close to God wherever I am. :) Amen!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
After all this if you want to find me that's where I will be.. up there in the MTN. Oh so beautiful majestic is His handy work. "Glorious and majestic are his deeds, and his righteousness endures forever."

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟719,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The natural world does reveal so much to us about the existence of God.

We are told that the reality of God is seen in the created world.

Nature doesn’t reveal the full character of God, but certainly reveals His creative power and aspects of His goodness.

So …. Yes it is wonderful to get out in nature and behold the remnants of His good creation.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I love the woods. Exploring. Very therapeutic.

But my best time/ best way to find God is in reading his Word and praying.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟276,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have noticed that more people are doing this. Do we really "re-connect" with the earth barefoot?

Until you step on sharp stone. . .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
"Every creature is a glittering, glistening mirror of divinity.” - St. Hildegard

"Some people, in order to discover God, read books. But there is a great book: the very appearance of created things. Look above you! Look below you! Read it. God, whom you want to discover, never wrote that book with ink. Instead, He set before your eyes the things that He had made. Can you ask for a louder voice than that?" - St. Augustine

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Neither my wife, nor I am religious. But we enjoyed hiking, just to experience and admire nature. But not barefoot. Years ago, when I was in medical training, I got some very good advice. Unless you're swimming, never go barefoot or wear flip flops. Always protect your feet. Wear the most supportive, well-made, and comfortable shoes you can afford. Patient care often means long hours on your feet. If your feet hurt, your whole body hurts. You tire more easily, you're distracted, and not as mentally sharp. You're more likely to make mistakes. And when you're caring for very ill patients, that can be disastrous.

Upvote 0

angelsaroundme

Mar 4, 2020
Georgia
✟140,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature." - Anne Frank

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The trees and the sun do have a certain beauty that reflects back to their Creator. As do rivers, lakes and oceans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums