Barbra Streisand says she has never been sexually harassed and jokes it may be because of her looks

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
'I wasn't like those pretty girls with those nice little noses': Barbra Streisand, 75, says she has never been sexually harassed and jokes it may be because of her looks

'We're in a strange time now in terms of men and women and the pendulum swinging this way and that way, and it's going to have to come to the center,' Streisand said during Friday's Paley Center for Media event held at a packed theater.
Murphy (Glee, American Horror Story), who admitted to being nervous as he began his one-on-one conversation with the star of 'Funny Girl' and award-winning TV specials dating back to 1966's 'Color Me Barbra,' said he owed his career to her.

'People talk about Barbra as the greatest female star. I say, no, that's not enough,' Murphy said, calling her a groundbreaker for those who don't fit the mold. 'She was a touchstone, a beacon I followed my entire life.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
'I wasn't like those pretty girls with those nice little noses': Barbra Streisand, 75, says she has never been sexually harassed and jokes it may be because of her looks

'We're in a strange time now in terms of men and women and the pendulum swinging this way and that way, and it's going to have to come to the center,' Streisand said during Friday's Paley Center for Media event held at a packed theater.
Murphy (Glee, American Horror Story), who admitted to being nervous as he began his one-on-one conversation with the star of 'Funny Girl' and award-winning TV specials dating back to 1966's 'Color Me Barbra,' said he owed his career to her.

'People talk about Barbra as the greatest female star. I say, no, that's not enough,' Murphy said, calling her a groundbreaker for those who don't fit the mold. 'She was a touchstone, a beacon I followed my entire life.

What is her point?

God have mercy.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What is her point?

God have mercy.
Barbra just says stuff ...

Always has. Personally I prefer candor to smooth talk. Always liked her music and performances. (Never liked her politics though.)

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Barbra just says stuff ...

Always has. Personally I prefer candor to smooth talk. Always liked her music and performances. (Never liked her politics though.)

Bless yer heart, my friend.

i never liked neither (either?) ^_^

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
For once, I think she's correct!
She's a "funny girl".
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! Wut?

I think i know what you mean, but would you be so kind as to indulge me, and elaborate?

Usually her comments are political and totally brainless.

This time, I think she's correct that her face is not the standard of Hollywood beauty, and she humorously credits that for her lack of being sexually harassed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Usually her comments are political and totally brainless.

This time, I think she's correct that her face is not the standard of Hollywood beauty, and she humorously credits that for her lack of being sexually harassed.

Aah, ok, that is quite reasonable, isn't it?

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aah, ok, that is quite reasonable, isn't it?

I think so, but I also realize that women can be sexually harassed even if they aren't attractive...

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,230.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Find it hard to believe that anyone can go through life (men or women) without being sexually harassed multiple times.

Back in the 60s, I can see it. People are nastier today. The kind of stuff my daughter has endured...I can't imagine any of us either doing that or tolerating it when I was young.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0