Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know how to get rid of bad smells in the house?? :help:

Specifically, we had frozen octopus in our freezer.. cooked some of it up for dinner.. decided it was disgusting and that we wouldn't eat any more of it.. so we threw the remaining octopus in the bin (in the kitchen)... lately, we've been sooo busy and stressed, that we forgot to empty the bin until last night when we could smell something bad coming from the kitchen :sick:

we figured it must be the bin..so we took it out... then realised the octopus was still in it and THAT was probably what was causing the smell!!! :sick:

anyway... now the whole house (well almost).. seems to smell like dead octopus.. its making me nauseous..

ive disinfected the floor area in the kitchen near the bin... it seems to have helped a tiny bit.. but i can still smell dead octopus!! :sick: :help:PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

foadle

Senior Veteran
Mar 4, 2006
✟4,616.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Is your bin plastic? If so good luck. For some reason plastic seems to hold smells. Either way you could try washing the bin with metholated spirits. It works for most odours because as it evapourates it takes the smell particles with it.
Hope you find an answer that helps.

Upvote 0

SilverSlither

Mar 17, 2006
MS
✟7,661.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Disinfectant cleaners for the basin, then put some water in it and pine sol, comet or the like and let is soak. After you let it sit, empty the water and dry it out completely. Then, sprinkle some baking soda in the bottom.

(In addition to opening doors, windows, and turning on fans), use some I Love My Carpet-deodorizers (personal favorite is rain shower) let it sit while the house is airing out and then vacuum later. If no carpet then an appropriate cleaner. After this is done--Febreeze.

Hahaha, don't know if you can tell or not but I HATE bad smells and have a really weak stomach when it comes to bad smells!!

Upvote 0

Chrysalis

Filled with gratitude for my King, Jesus
Aug 21, 2004
England
✟15,691.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I can certainly empathise with this. Mum's friend comes up once a week and has flatulence issues, that's the politest way of saying that and she literally stinks the whole house out while she's here. I can't eat in the same room as her because I want to be sick. We do what's been said, turn the heating down a bit, open the windows and just let nature take it's course.

Upvote 0