Bad news for Marijuana fans.

Angel75

Sep 28, 2002
✟805.00
personally, i wont be happy until drug usage is not a felony but a personal matter. I am tired of hearing the same old $#!^ from the anti drug crowd if it is because of the danger. Look at the statistics. MDMA, THC, those fun guy fungis, and other drugs are less dangerous than alcohol or tobacco. Until those same people are up in arms against alcohol and tobacco, their opinion is hooey

One other thing, again if safety is the true concern, then legality should be favored. In the case of MDMA for example, the deaths occur due to misuse (too much water leading to hyponatremia or not enough water leading to dehydration) or more importantly, bad stuff. if it was legal, it would be pure. which would make it incredibly safe. Not to mention proper ussage. with illegality it is only discussed in obscure forums, and the average drug using child is not informed of proper dosage, like they would be if delivered by a pharmacist.

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
Outspoken, studies which were a complete hoax made it to publishing, too. It was peer reviewed and published. It was even submitted to the FDA...
Just saying, the study ios valid doesn´t make it so.
So far, the only reason for validity you mentioned is peer review. I pointed out, why I doubt, that peer review is not enough. You deliberately ignore these points.

Upvote 0

caley

Christian Anarchist
Oct 29, 2002
Fargo, ND
Visit site
✟1,081.00
Faith
Protestant
Lacmeh, the study is probably valid, but think about what the study claims.  Three joints a day is equivalent to a pack of cigarettes a day.  Think about it.  THREE JOINTS A DAY!!!!  Who smokes that much pot?  Not even hard core potheads smoke much more than one a day.  Most marijuana users use it about once or twice a week, and even people that smoke every day usually don't even smoke close to a whole joint.  People do not realize that a joint is a lot of marijuana.  I have never smoked a whole joint by myself, and I don't know many who have.

Upvote 0

Blindfaith

God's Tornado
Feb 9, 2002
Home of the Slug
✟7,755.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Good morning!!

My ex-husband use to smoke that much per day.  Needless to say, it wasn't a very fun marriage :)

He wasn't involved with the kids, or me, was a vegetable, and couldn't get through the day without doing it in the morning, on his lunch break, when he got home from work, and before bed so he could sleep.

He looks like crud now too ~ I can attest that that stuff ages you in a big way.  I also believe that it stops you from reaching your full potential in anything, not just a job, but even in life in general.  I haven't read any studies, I'm just explainin' what first hand experience has taught me. :)

~Peace in Christ

Upvote 0

Lacmeh

Aug 5, 2002
Visit site
✟1,156.00
It depends on how you define validity. From a law enforcement viewpoint, it is not valid. From the publisher´s viewpoint it surely is valid, because itr got published. For an critical thinking person, peer review can´t be the only reason for validity. Because expecially with human behavior and mental illnesses, there are too many factors coming in, which can´t be peer reviewed, because of patient confidentality.

For the same reason, I wouldn´t claim a study getting the opposite result would be valid. Wether or not I am for decriminalizing pot is beside the point. The only valid way to end this old argument is to go through the whole Health agency regulated way. In USA that means performance of a series of animal studies, registered to the FDA, quality controlled by the OECD guidelines to address adverse effects of THC.
Any study trying to prove adverse effects of some sort of already approved medication through this sort of observation would be laughed at.

Upvote 0

Angel75

Sep 28, 2002
✟805.00
Blindfaith, there are those who are spending all their money on lottery tickets too. It is a shame when someone needs any kind of crutch to get thorugh life. but for everyone you know who is letting it take over, I can bet there are thousands upon thousands using it responsibly :) BTW i don't smoke marijuana, hungry and tired enough as it is. But still believe in making it legal, and from personal experience I think it is safer and better for you, emotionally and physically than most other drugs such as alcohol or tobacco. Heck i didnt even get a headache when i stopped smokin weed, but caffeine is kickin my butt. And interestingly enough I was surprised to hear my friends doc tell her to continue smoking (weed) thorughout her pregnancy was okay. apparently it doesnt permeate something. She had been a smoker at night to help with insomnia. The hubby did some further research and i believe didnt even find it listed on the march of dimes website as anything that was a hazard.
and btw. on the 3 joints a day subject...lol whoo a whole joint??? granted there are a few out there who smoke like that but your average pot head doesnt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

caley

Christian Anarchist
Oct 29, 2002
Fargo, ND
Visit site
✟1,081.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by blindfaith
Good morning!!

My ex-husband use to smoke that much per day.  Needless to say, it wasn't a very fun marriage :)

He wasn't involved with the kids, or me, was a vegetable, and couldn't get through the day without doing it in the morning, on his lunch break, when he got home from work, and before bed so he could sleep.

He looks like crud now too ~ I can attest that that stuff ages you in a big way.  I also believe that it stops you from reaching your full potential in anything, not just a job, but even in life in general.  I haven't read any studies, I'm just explainin' what first hand experience has taught me. :)

~Peace in Christ

Your ex-husband had a huge problem, then.  I am sorry to hear about that.  But be careful not to judge all marijuana users by that example.  Most of us use in moderation and are not addicted.  I toke once every couple of months (that may be less than "in moderation" I guess, but I know people that toke every day who are completely with it. They don't smoke three joints a day though, most of them smoke a couple hits a day).

Upvote 0

SystemOfADOWN

unplugged
Aug 13, 2003
pittsburgh
✟15,319.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The government once again has plagued your minds with this nonsense. The link doesn't even work now, but I'm posting this anyway.

1joint does not equal 5, 8, 10 cigarettes, or whatever. It's bull. They've proved that over and over again. Cigs are more addictive and worse for your lungs.

Upvote 0