Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
I wanted to start a topic about all three of those things so I decided to put it into one. Two bad habits that I can think of are biting my nails,.. and picking my nose,.. XD I only do the second thing when nobody's around though. (Not sure if peeing in the shower is considered a bad habit,.. but I shouldn't do it but yet I do so I suppose I can add that one. :oops:)

When it comes to quirks I also have a couple of those. First of all I am very eye squeamish as I don't like anybody touching my eyes or going near my eyes which how makeup is a pain for me and I wear glasses instead of contacts. Another quirk I have is that I must like a design on a plate or dish for me to eat off of it. (this goes for use of paper towels and napkins as well.)

I also have a few pet peeves. The first one is I won't take showers with hair by the drain, second I don't like loud tapping noises or when people chew loudly,.. and third I can't stand squeaking shoes! If it's raining outside and somebody is going into the kitchen or unloading the dishwasher I try to stay far enough away as possible because it drives me nuts! (Unfortunately I can't escape it though when I'm in the car and somebody has wet shoes and it squeaks up against the pedals.)

• Informative
Reactions: .Mikha'el.

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Quirks, well, the first one that comes to mind is that I won't order an item at a restaurant if someone else at the table has ordered the same thing.

Pet peeves I have are mostly language related. I hate bad grammar and spelling, as well as redundant expressions like "ATM machine". The one that really irks me to no end is "It is what it is." I also have a fashion pet peeve in that I can't stand men who wear suit jackets only fastening one button like so.

upload_2020-8-13_17-54-34.jpeg

I think it looks so sloppy. Is it really that hard to cinch the other button? :doh:

I'm not sure if I have any bad habits. I'll keep thinking about it.

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
Quirks, well, the first one that comes to mind is that I won't order an item at a restaurant if someone else at the table has ordered the same thing.

Pet peeves I have are mostly language related. I hate bad grammar and spelling, as well as redundant expressions like "ATM machine". The one that really irks me to no end is "It is what it is." I also have a fashion pet peeve in that I can't stand men who wear suit jackets only fastening one button like so.

View attachment 282766

I think it looks so sloppy. Is it really that hard to cinch the other button? :doh:

I'm not sure if I have any bad habits. I'll keep thinking about it.

You know what they say,.. one man's junk is another woman's treasure. :swoon:

I have no bad habits or quirks but my pet peeve is those people who do. ;):D:rolleyes:

Hey!! :eek:

One I will admit to having is regularly muttering under my breath to myself. Sometimes it's loud enough for others to hear. :sorry:

Oh yeah, that's another bad habit of mine as well.

Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I have a bad habit of rubbing the end of my nose. I obsess over the symmetry of the cartilage and nerve endings.

I have a quirk of never really making eye contact. I'll usually look near the eyes to simulate eye contact for the sake of conversation.

My pet peeve? The sound of eating drives me to distraction.

Sadly, as I was trying to think of my pet peeve, I caught myself rubbing the end of my nose.

Upvote 0

April_Rose

Jul 4, 2020
Ohio
✟23,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Engaged
two things that drive me nuts:

-seeing item in trash that is supposed to be in recycle bin

-a light in a room that someone left on

Good point as I don't like litterbugs myself (especially the people who litter masks) and a few more of my bad habits are snacking, swearing, and spending WAY too much time online. Specifically here. XD

• Haha
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Bad habit :freeze:staying up a bit too late (passing out eventually) watching a movie. But is the only time I got for it!!!:destroyed:

Pet peeve :aarh:toilet seat up Ugh!!! And bathroom door not shut.

Quirk
I scrunch my nose when I’m bored :idea1:

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Like right now I am procrastinating going to the toilet,.. ah well there's only so much procrastinating that I can do on this one.

If you don't go when you gotta go, when you do go you may find you've already gone.

• Haha
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Like right now I am procrastinating going to the toilet,.. ah well there's only so much procrastinating that I can do on this one.

Probably best not to procrastinate on that one too much. I wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rose,

Bad Habit: Planners. I love them! I prefer daily planners but they weren’t an option for awhile. Weekly versions didn’t have the writing space I needed. Clever Fox created one which fit the bill. I had two at that point (daily and weekly).

When I signed up for life coaching a planner was included in the bundle. Then I received a fourth from Cultivate What Matters. Now I’ve found a prayer planner that’s ideal! And I forgot about the budget planner. See what I mean? :D If you’ve lost count that’s four! The new prayer planners are due in November.

Quirks: I love projects! Decluttering, organizing and decorating bring me joy. I keep a yardstick near the nightstand. I whip it out to measure the walls and space for my next idea. And I like tools too. Power tools.

Pet Peeves: They’re all related to cleanliness. I don’t like untidy or cluttered spaces. I won’t sit in someone else’s mess. I don’t care for public rest rooms or potluck.

But I would enjoy a supper club. :)

Yours in His Service,

~Bella

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
two things that drive me nuts:

-seeing item in trash that is supposed to be in recycle bin

-a light in a room that someone left on

OH,MY! I am in a wheelchair. I park it at the entrance to my bedroom and walk to my bed. That is as far as I can walk. I always try to remember to turn the light on when I get up, and leave it on. Otherwise I have to turn the light on by the doorway, walk to the bed and turn the bedside light on, then I have to walk back, turn the doorway light off and walk back to bed, by then my heart is acting up! I have a really delicate heart! Bummer. I hate wasting that much electricity, but don't know what else to do. I thought about a clapper light but they say those go on and off by themselves, and can sometimes take several claps before turning on or some other noise turns them on. You would go nuts here! Stupid light is on all day!

• Informative
Reactions: mama2one
Upvote 0