Visit site
✟10,380.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can someone tell me all the scriptures the PROVE that if you die while backsliding you'll go to hell? i have read them but in the heat of the moment talking with someone i couldnt come up with anything better than
heb. 6: 4 -6
heb 10: 26 -29

can someone once and for all illustrate all there is to settle this? the arguement was as such-

my thinking is that if you die a backslider living in sin (with out repenting) you will not be remembered by christ.

her thinking was that once you are saved thats all that needs to happen.

also who all thinks judas went to hell for killing himself?
You don't need scripture to see the Truth here. Live a stupid life and do dumb things, mindless of God or His instructions... die young, leave a good looking corpse and stand before God in judgement without Jesus by your side. Seems clear enough to me.

Oh, the scriptures are in there... but better if you find them yourselves. God probably has a few more He'd like you to read (thus, becoming accountable for...).

His,
Rev J

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can someone tell me all the scriptures the PROVE that if you die while backsliding you'll go to hell?

They don't exist so no, no one will be able to provide Scripture that proves any such thing.

Here is the root of your misunderstanding:

my thinking is that if you die a backslider living in sin (with out repenting) you will not be remembered by christ.

You aren't remembered by Christ, neither are your sins forgiven, because you repented. If you are forgiven, it is on account of the work of Christ, sola Christo, not your work of repentence. And, you are born again to repentence, not through repentence.

her thinking was that once you are saved thats all that needs to happen.

There is a lifetime of sanctification that we endure but as for the inheritence of eternal life, it is accomplished and the vicarious atonement of Christ and applied through the working of the Holy Spirit in you, renewing you through the washing of regeneration.

also who all thinks judas went to hell for killing himself?

I would imagine that there were plenty of sins through which Judas had merited eternal condemnation. His sin of suicide is only one of many.

God bless

Upvote 0