chefjason

humbled
Jun 15, 2011
✟7,663.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. This is my first post and it is a serious one. I am a backsliden christian. I was saved by grace 4 years ago. I was raised in the church and made a profession of faith when I was 13. However, there had never been any friut or true walk with Christ. Several years ago I was unfaithful to my wonderful bride. It was after that that I realized that I did NOT have Christ in my life. I was saved and baptized all in the same hour. About a month later my wife and I were having a very open and loving talk about how I had failed her through the years. It was at this time that I told her of my infidelity. Being the true child of Christ she is she forgave me and we began rebuilding our marriage. Alas, recently I fell away from Christ, stopped reading His Word, stopped praying and satan took advantage of that. I was tempted and failed. I did not have any physical relations, but I did violate my marrige vows in the eyes of God. My wife found out. She is once again heart broken and alone. I know His word says He is faithful and true to forgive all those who ask. I have asked, and in my heart I know I am forgiven, by God. But my wife is still in pain. Which brings me to my prayer request:

Please pray for my wife Kimberly. She feels betrayed and and foresaken, again. I know God does not desire any of the marriges He has bound to be broken. Hence, divorce is the last thing either of us want. So please pray the Father send the Holy Spirit to her to comfort her and console her.

I hope my request does not fall on deaf ears.
In Christ,
Chef Jason

Kelly441

May 20, 2011
✟15,728.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Don't fall into the trap that I feel in, and that was Satan telling me that a backslider can't be restored to God. I was feeling condemned by reading scriptures out of context. Read the book of Revelations and what Christ was saying to the churches. Look at all the wickedness that was in the church, in each case Christ offered for them to repent. Repent and be forgiven, and most importantly forgive yourself and move on.

Upvote 0

chefjason

humbled
Jun 15, 2011
✟7,663.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF :)
Praying for the healing of your union in His merciful Love :crossrc:
(Counseling for you &/or as a couple may be of help if not already considered)
I hope your time here is blessed!

Thank you. Our church does offer counseling and we attended much after I was saved and my sins revealed. I will attempt to get my wife to go with me again.

Upvote 0

odiear3rd

May 24, 2005
Florida
✟8,967.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
God Bless you brother. Keep Praying for your wife. She needs to see that you really mean this Repentance. If she forgave you the 1st time she will forgive you again. WE can not harbour Unforgiveness in our hearts and still have a Godly relationship with the Lord. But you have to win her Love and Respect back.
Women think on a different plain than men.
I am Praying for you both.

:pray::pray:

How many times are we Forgiven??
Matthew 18:21-22

King James Version (KJV)

21Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

Upvote 0

chefjason

humbled
Jun 15, 2011
✟7,663.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
God Bless you brother. Keep Praying for your wife. She needs to see that you really mean this Repentance. If she forgave you the 1st time she will forgive you again. WE can not harbour Unforgiveness in our hearts and still have a Godly relationship with the Lord. But you have to win her Love and Respect back.
Women think on a different plain than men.
I am Praying for you both.

Thank you brother. I know the only way to repair the damage done is through the power of Christ. That is why I called on my brothers and sisters to help bath this matter in prayer. I myself have been in constant prayer over this matter. And as a result I feel the precence of God more than I have in a long time. I forgot how good it feels to be next to Him.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Jason, cling to the amazing promise of Rom 8.28, that God will work all things for good for those who love Him. Press in, seek His face. Do not give up. Stand, no matter how hard it gets. You will see, He will use this. He will change you and make you strong at the broken places. The strength will be of Him, not of human determination, which as you know fails (2Cor 4.7). In due season, your wife will come to trust the change the Lord has wrought in you.

Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. -1Pet 5:5-10​

May the Lord give you strength, wisdom and a tender heart, and prepare your wife as well for a rebirth of your marriage that will bring Him glory.

Upvote 0

chefjason

humbled
Jun 15, 2011
✟7,663.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jason, cling to the amazing promise of Rom 8.28, that God will work all things for good for those who love Him. Press in, seek His face. Do not give up. Stand, no matter how hard it gets. You will see, He will use this. He will change you and make you strong at the broken places. The strength will be of Him, not of human determination, which as you know fails (2Cor 4.7). In due season, your wife will come to trust the change the Lord has wrought in you.
Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for “God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. -1Pet 5:5-10
May the Lord give you strength, wisdom and a tender heart, and prepare your wife as well for a rebirth of your marriage that will bring Him glory.

Thank you Paul. I had actually forgoten that verse. It brought tears to my eyes to read. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

charity_22

To God be the glory..always.
Aug 21, 2009
Riyadh
✟18,337.00
Country
Saudi Arabia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
i admire your thoughts and i see how sorry you are for what you've done.. brother, the fact that you told your wife the truth.. i know in her heart she will love you more. be patient and prayerful, she's hurt and being in the situation that she is.. it's not easy.it will take time.

..Heavenly Father, i lift up in prayer this man to you.. guide him Lord and deliver him from committing mistakes which destroys the love and unity bet him and his wife.. Forgive him Lord for what he has done.. i know in his heart he's ready to change.. give him a chance by touching his wife's heart so they could talk and start a new day together.. I believe and claim Your blessings.. In the name of Jesus I pray Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chefjason

humbled
Jun 15, 2011
✟7,663.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Three days ago I was certain my marriage was over. I believed I had driven the final nail in the coffin. But today, there is light. Light shining in from the Lord above. My wife and I spoke for a constant 5 hours this morning. We told each other things that we had kept to ourselves for 18 years! It was one of the most beatiful moments of my life. I told her of my desire to get closer to God and I would meet her there. The tone of her reply was that of someone who just had the Spirit wash over them and give them peace. It feels as though we took a step together towards healing. We are far from a good safe place, but it appears we're heading in that direction!

Thank you so much to all who sent up prayers to my Savior. He heard them and blessed them. I pray that He blesses all you lives with the same magnitude He has poured out on mine.

Upvote 0

Tommy_S

Θωμᾶς χιόνισπίτι
Jun 2, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟15,213.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hello brothers and sisters in Christ. This is my first post and it is a serious one. I am a backsliden christian. I was saved by grace 4 years ago. I was raised in the church and made a profession of faith when I was 13. However, there had never been any friut or true walk with Christ. Several years ago I was unfaithful to my wonderful bride. It was after that that I realized that I did NOT have Christ in my life. I was saved and baptized all in the same hour. About a month later my wife and I were having a very open and loving talk about how I had failed her through the years. It was at this time that I told her of my infidelity. Being the true child of Christ she is she forgave me and we began rebuilding our marriage. Alas, recently I fell away from Christ, stopped reading His Word, stopped praying and satan took advantage of that. I was tempted and failed. I did not have any physical relations, but I did violate my marrige vows in the eyes of God. My wife found out. She is once again heart broken and alone. I know His word says He is faithful and true to forgive all those who ask. I have asked, and in my heart I know I am forgiven, by God. But my wife is still in pain. Which brings me to my prayer request:

Please pray for my wife Kimberly. She feels betrayed and and foresaken, again. I know God does not desire any of the marriges He has bound to be broken. Hence, divorce is the last thing either of us want. So please pray the Father send the Holy Spirit to her to comfort her and console her.

I hope my request does not fall on deaf ears.
In Christ,
Chef Jason

Dude, you stole my testimony. I'm not trying to be funny but I have to say that your story is strikingly similar to mine. We have been truly blessed to have wives like we do and I am eternally thankful. My wife and I have a very open relationship and I quickly admit when I have sinned against her. It kills me seeing her in agony but I cannot keep it to myself. Someone recently gave us a link and I want to share it with you,
[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']http://www.competentcounseling.com/articles/[/FONT] you will find incredible resources there and I believe it will beneficial for you and your wife to view them together. I know exactly where you're coming from so feel free to talk to me any time.

Upvote 0

chefjason

humbled
Jun 15, 2011
✟7,663.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dude, you stole my testimony. I'm not trying to be funny but I have to say that your story is strikingly similar to mine. We have been truly blessed to have wives like we do and I am eternally thankful. My wife and I have a very open relationship and I quickly admit when I have sinned against her. It kills me seeing her in agony but I cannot keep it to myself. Someone recently gave us a link and I want to share it with you,
you will find incredible resources there and I believe it will beneficial for you and your wife to view them together. I know exactly where you're coming from so feel free to talk to me any time.

Thank you brother. I cannot believe how the Lord has moved in my life. It brings tears to my eyes to realize all the wrongs I have done and then to see that I am still forgiven, by both God and my wife. I will remember you in prayer and I pray that your marriage continues to heal and grow closer to the Lord.

I will check out that link. Thank you again.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.