BACKFIRE! Where's the obama chatter now?

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
since the announcement of palin as his running mate, the republicans have spent 100% of their time defending this clearly curious choice and have not been able to attack obama on the usual meaningless garbage that are substituting for real issues in this campaign. they have not been able to crow about how great mccain is. all they have time to do is defend this most likely indefensible gaff.
most obama supporters, like myself, are delighted by his choice.

JoyJuice

Senior Veteran
Aug 8, 2006
✟20,965.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
The whole idea of McCain et al in announcing right after what they knew would be another excellent speech by Obama at the nomination convention was to take the steam out of it, I don't think they expected take the steam out of it by now having to defend the selection itself.

Upvote 0
T

tollyT

since the announcement of palin as his running mate, the republicans have spent 100% of their time defending this clearly curious choice and have not been able to attack obama on the usual meaningless garbage that are substituting for real issues in this campaign. they have not been able to crow about how great mccain is. all they have time to do is defend this most likely indefensible gaff.

Prepared to have your clock cleaned.

Americans like Palin. She is a good women. Strong, smarter than most men, does not back down, and raises babies.

I know that she cuts to the quick of liberals...after all, she loves guns, babies and Jesus...so bring it on.

Tolly

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Americans like Palin. She is a good women. Strong, smarter than most men, does not back down, and raises babies.

I know that she cuts to the quick of liberals...after all, she loves guns, babies and Jesus...so bring it on.

Tolly

No doubt she seems like a great woman. But qualified to be commander in chief? I can guarantee you Americans aren't united on that front.

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others

Tolly

take a deep breath tolly. americans don't know palin. pull up american politics and look at the threads. all palin. no obama. no mccain. no biden. people are trying to figure out what this pick is all about, and when you read the threads there is certainly no consensus about how people feel about her. she is certainly making a decision to prioritize something other than her babies by taking this job, and if she's not then she has no business taking it. she cuts to my quick a bit by being an anti-science creationist, i'll admit that. i like my science with my science and my theology with my theology, personally. but i don't know enough about her to have a solid opinion, and that seems to be how the country is split on her, also, if you can base anything on these threads. where do you get the idea there is this overwhelming support for this complete unknown? any data? any idea about her being in the center of a corruption investigation?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
McCain needs some exposure, and now it is his turn. Don't be surprised if Palin is a ruse to garner conservative and women votes. Late in the campaign Palin may step aside and McCain will insert Lieberman or Romney. Rovian tactics not much different than the Miers decision.

Upvote 0

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
McCain needs some exposure, and now it is his turn. Don't be surprised if Palin is a ruse to garner conservative and women votes. Late in the campaign Palin may step aside and McCain will insert Lieberman or Romney. Rovian tactics not much different than the Miers decision.

once the convention is over, it is no longer up to mccain. she gets nominated and affirmed by the party, not the candidate. once she accepts the nomination, he is stuck with her.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
once the convention is over, it is no longer up to mccain. she gets nominated and affirmed by the party, not the candidate. once she accepts the nomination, he is stuck with her.
Are you sure? You mean that she can't step down for any reason?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

tollyT

The whole idea of McCain et al in announcing right after what they knew would be another excellent speech by Obama at the nomination convention was to take the steam out of it, I don't think they expected take the steam out of it by now having to defend the selection itself.

Who <staff edit> wants a man who can speak to lead us?

Where is the beef? The man is a dork, does not know the number of states in you own country. Yet you bow to him.

What is up? Please tell me what you like about his policies. Please.

Tolly

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So far, the only weakness she has shown is a lack of foreign policy experience, and the man the Democrats want in the big chair (as opposed to the little one) also lacks foreign policy experience. I don't see how this helps them. If, heaven forbid, she had to become the President on Day 1 instead of McCain, I think her experience as governor would be a better asset than anything Obama might bring to the table. She would pick a VP with good foreign policy experience (perhaps Condi Rice), so you'll still have the Obama-Biden dynamic; the difference would be it's a couple of conservatives rather than a couple of liberals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

reverend B

Senior Veteran
Feb 23, 2004
North Carolina
✟16,408.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Politics
US-Others
so far we know she is engulfed in a corruption scandal that has not been resolved and she is in favor of having the ''great debate'' be part of our science curriculum. she is governor of a state that does not have to face the issues that even the mayor of chicago has to deal with on a daily basis, and a state that is fundamentally different in culture and makeup from the lower 48 (plus 1). she is a beauty queen that became a sports reporter, then mayor of her tiny little town (where her handling of the budget is in great question) and then upset an unpopular incumbent for governor. not many other than the predictable knee-jerk right wingers who are carrying the water for the party and the blinded Christian faithful that have heard a few key words and already laid down for this choice are sure what the point was in this selection. it seems like the most miscalculated political risk i have ever seen.
i believe that they did not vet her properly and that this is going to blow up in mccains face badly. but we'll see.

Upvote 0

RacismIsBad

Mar 17, 2007
✟3,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow. Those people are nuts.
Those people are wolves in sheep's clothing. The woman that runs one of the group (PUMA) donated to McCain back in 2000 during the primary. And the guy that formed the splinter group from PUMA stated he wanted a McCain-Clinton ticket (not a Clinton-McCain ticket). They're not really Clinton supporters, they never were.

They're no better than people voting for Obama simply because he's black.
I hate when I see this comment because it assumes that Obama's support among blacks comes from him being black. The problem is if this were the case, blacks would be thrilled with Clarence Thomas and they would have voted Michael Steele Senator in 2006. The simple fact is they don't just go based on skin color, it's about policy. And toward the beginning of the primary, most blacks supported Clinton, but only started shifting to Obama after learning about his work as a community organizer. I don't buy this garbage about people supporting Obama because he's black. The black vote will be 90%+ for Obama, but it has been this way for the Democratic Party for some time now.

Upvote 0