o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Greetings all! I'm back from Africa. It was a very large and encompassing experience, and i wish i had the energy to tell you guys all the stuff that happened, but i will give u a re-cap of the big things-

16 hour plane ride experiences can stink. Imagine sitting in one spot for a whole day.

100 kids said they wanted to know Jesus at one time.

Got to play games with the kids, got to see them do dances, a drama, and sing for us. Got to see where they live, which sometimes can be 30 people in a 4 room place, or 60 kids sleeping in 4 rooms possibly the size of a standard american kitchen.

Bought a cow for one of the orphanages so they could have fresh milk and a way to make some profit.

Gave away soccerballs to many of the orphanages we visited because they love soccer. Gave them little packages with candy and crayons and stuff to many of the kids. Made balloon animals for 100 kids or so.

3 deaf kids were healed, 1 blind girl was at least partially healed (could follow your finger, but still had the glaze from cataracts over her eyes), 1 mute kid was healed.

I've never prayed so much in my life.

I had goat-meat for the first time in my life... tastes kinda like pork.

Saw dung beetles, lizards as common as mice over there, and birds as big as herons but that were fatter and had the color pattern of a vulture.

Had a few deliverances/exorcisms take place. It's nothing to be scared of, we have authority in Jesus Christ to do so. The people were better off afterward.

Took a team to do healing prayer at a hospital. Turns out, the hospital is christian to begin with. Not only did we get to pray, the head guy texted us after we left and said healings had taken place. At least one woman accepted christ that day. The director also said we were free to come back any time we wanted and could pray for people.

Imagine an army of 50 four year old little black kids following around 5 white people. This actually happened. They actually followed us out of the main city area, unto a road, and walked with us up the road for some time. They held our hands, rubbed their heads against our arms, some got a piggy-back ride, and they were amazed at the fact that white people can sweat so much. Some were amazed simply to see a white person for the first time in their lives. No parents around either during this time, some or many of these kids may have already lost their parents due to war or aids.

I got to see an apostle at work, and got to see a christian helping kids/teens get businesses started in their community, helping to see them be put through college, and trying to make sure they got food and housing and all that stuff.

Overall, it was a great trip. All the travelling we had to do wasnt fun, but the rest was good. Thanks for the prayers, you helped to make this happen.

Reactions: Sophrosyne

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

A pic of Julius' project. Run by a 19 yr old man with some help from a few people. Yes, they sleep in huts.

Singing and dancing for us. They actually rented the tarps and used sticks to prop them up so we could have shade.

This was the little girl (in yellow skirt) who got at least partiall healed of being blind.

The three boys who got healed of being deaf.

Having church in a city near Namatala. Run by the girl in yellow standing up, who is only like 19-21 herself. Has a 100 kids she has church with.

Part of the army of street kids that was following us around and i was giving piggy-back rides to.

Believe it or not, this building would actually normally have to be rented to be able to have church in, but the guy let us use it for free. It is a classroom normally i believe.

Me standing on an island at the very beginning of the Nile river.

Our hotel site. Surprisingly, it wasnt that expensive. It is run by Catholics, though it does have a bar. heh.

This is a live chicken riding with us in the taxi. It had its feet bound, but it could still move. He was a good chicken though, and behaved himself.

Pic of one of the largest cities in Uganda. That whole hill in the background is covered with 1-2 story buildings. I believe we were in Kampala at the time, though it may have been an outskirt called Banda; i cant remember.

Upvote 0