✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Originally Posted by Psudopod
Which diseases are you talking about?
HIV

That's because we don't have a suitable vaccine for it yet! It's not a case of "Oh, lets vaccinate for measles and HPV, but not HIV, ho ho ho." HIV mutates very fast. It's a hard drug to vaccinate for. But it is being worked on. Have a look at some of the papers on Pubmed and you'll see.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
More than one man has been convicted of reckless endangerment for knowingly infecting other people here in the US. Currently, there is no vaccine for HIV.
That's after the fact. Convicting someone after the fact did not protect the victim in the first place. There are ways to actually protect the victim.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's because we don't have a suitable vaccine for it yet! It's not a case of "Oh, lets vaccinate for measles and HPV, but not HIV, ho ho ho." HIV mutates very fast. It's a hard drug to vaccinate for. But it is being worked on. Have a look at some of the papers on Pubmed and you'll see.
And yet there are other methods available to potect us from teh virus, but somehow out liberal friends who support mandatory vaccinations oppose those methods

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alliance for Human Research Protection - Art Caplan Challenged With Evidence of HPV Vaccine Harm

And my own note about the challenge: If you were the parent, would you step forward for a measly 10 grand? Put your kid through that sort of media scrutiny so Bachmann can save face and you get a few bucks? He needs to up it to 10 million.
Maybe we should put up $10K for anyone who could prove that Bachmann claimed that the vaccine caused mental retardation, which she didn't

Upvote 0

Psudopod

Godspeed, Spacebat
Apr 11, 2006
Bath
✟11,638.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
In Relationship
Originally Posted by Psudopod
And yet there are other methods available to potect us from teh virus, but somehow out liberal friends who support mandatory vaccinations oppose those methods

I'm not sure I support mandatory vaccination at all. I support vaccination, and think anyone who refuses to vaccinate themselves or their children against infectious diseases is acting selfishly and putting others at risk if they don't have a medical exemption, but I think mandatory vaccination sends the wrong message. Education and slapping down stupid anti-vax lies is a better was of going about it.

I certainly don't support manadory vaccination for sexually transmitted diseases and I while it is certainly a good thing, we need to keep up the education because it is not the only thing needed, and there is a strong risk that some people may see vaccination as all they need and negelect safe sex.

If you want to know my opinion on something, ask me, don't make presumptions.

Upvote 0

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yep, measles are on the rise. And they blame unvaccinated but most of the cases are in vaccinated kids. Also, the measles vaccine is insanely hard to find if you want to get a measles shot without the full MMR. If public health officials were actually more worried about measles than they were about refusing to admit there might be even the slightest chance of risk they'd push for a wider availability of the measles shot. But they don't. They hold the line with their heads buried in the sand.

Upvote 0

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yep, measles are on the rise. And they blame unvaccinated but most of the cases are in vaccinated kids. Also, the measles vaccine is insanely hard to find if you want to get a measles shot without the full MMR. If public health officials were actually more worried about measles than they were about refusing to admit there might be even the slightest chance of risk they'd push for a wider availability of the measles shot. But they don't. They hold the line with their heads buried in the sand.
Yes, because people that are vaccinated against MMR are more likely to get it than people who aren't, somehow...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums